New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

She may be talking about chopping. She said she's 10-12 months post or more but she hasnt been keeping track.

SINGBRINA GET IN HERE AND CLARIFY!

Here I am!! Yeah I was thinking of relaxing, but I dont want to just yet. The wet bun made me mad!!! Some suggested to leave in the conditiner along with the normal leave in for moisture, what do you think?

^^^you better fight that relaxer feeling woman!

Yeah I will just focus on my crown when wet bunning, I really liked the wet bun. I just need to focus on that and comb better when I am done.... hmmm, I shall fight this feeling another month, lol, or after this next try :)

Yeah I will just focus on my crown when wet bunning, I really liked the wet bun. I just need to focus on that and comb better when I am done.... hmmm, I shall fight this feeling another month, lol, or after this next try :)

Do you ever switch it up and try other PS?

Its now 5 months 1 day post for me. I'm taking my braids out this weekend because I'm tired of them and like co washing my hair and letting water hit it everyday... I will continue to transition without BC. In addition I am doing the HYH challange til dec 10! wish me luck!

this is exactly how I feel about this darn sew-in. My plan is/was to take it down in October (which would have been 3 mths), but I will be taking it down in September now. I can't be away from my hair that long.

Its now 5 months 1 day post for me. I'm taking my braids out this weekend because I'm tired of them and like co washing my hair and letting water hit it everyday... I will continue to transition without BC. In addition I am doing the HYH challange til dec 10! wish me luck!

i have now seen that at this point in my transition, at 61 weeks, that if my hair is not in natural twists or braids, then im just setting myself up for hair failure and it just looks a HAM!

I'm 11 weeks post. I will feel more transitional once I hit 17 weeks! When I relaxed, I stretched between 15-17 weeks. So, once I hit 17 weeks, I will really be excited.

I just wanted to come in and show you ladies some love!!!! I was a long-term transitioner, so I feel you pain and frustration...Just know that it is well worth it! Keep up the good work!

I really miss touching my NG I think I may take this sew-in down sooner than planned. Anywho I'll be 13 months in less than a week I hope I can make it the 5 months after that ( I thought about BCing everyday this week)

I really miss touching my NG I think I may take this sew-in down sooner than planned. Anywho I'll be 13 months in less than a week I hope I can make it the 5 months after that ( I thought about BCing everyday this week)

uh oh...getting the BC itch???lol

I just hit the 13 month mark a couple of days ago and my hair is acting up lately. :ohwell: The relaxed hair seems to be tangling around itself and I'm seeing some broken hairs and shedding :sad: I'm trying to re-group and figure out what I can do to stop the breakage first and foremost. I don't thing my protein balance is off since I use a leave-in w/ mild protein at least once a week and I use a moisturizing leave-in any other time; I also DC once a week with a mixture of Aussie Moist and Aussie 3 min. miracle mixed w/ olive oil. I do try to moisturize and seal nightly. I stopped shampooing about 6 weeks ago and have been alternating between ayurvedic powder rinses and cowashes. I clarify once a month with baking soda mixed with conditioner.

At this point I really don't know what to do. I have no desire to chop but if I can't get the breakage under control, I may have to. I was planning on transitioning at least until November. I am not doing any type of fake hair for the summer because it's seriously too hot for that.

Can anyone help a sista out????

Just popping in. I decided this week to go back to wet sets with some modification.

1. I with blow dry in sections with tension to make sure hair is completely dry in the morning

2. continue to PS even though wearing giant afro is tempting

3. always always always keep hair streched and detangled.

We'll see how long this lasts.

I remember when this happened. Just when you think you have transitioning under control. Nope.

So here is what I did,
1. always do everything is sections and make sure your hair is streched to avoid demarcation tangles. This is where all my tangles are now. Not the natural hair or the relaxed hair but where they meet, I do everything is sections

2. if you get tried of caring for your tangly hair blow dry it may be a little but of heat but it will save you a few days of fustration. Remember you do always have to flat iron.

3. do a deep moisture treatment, my hair always behaves better after a DC on dry hair with PM detangler, honey, aloe vera, what germ oil, and heat

4. ceramides, I didn't discover this till about month 14 and it saved the breakage factor. I mix what germ oil with whatever I'm sealing with and have seen a big difference in the breakage. I hear hot six oil is good but I have never used it.

5. Also if you aren't doing this wash in braids. I say braids not sections. You need to keep your hair streched and tangle free. I braid my hair pre wash, wet the braid then unravel. shampoo - section - rinse - condition - rebraid.

I hope some thing I wrote helps.

I just hit the 13 month mark a couple of days ago and my hair is acting up lately. :ohwell: The relaxed hair seems to be tangling around itself and I'm seeing some broken hairs and shedding :sad: I'm trying to re-group and figure out what I can do to stop the breakage first and foremost. I don't thing my protein balance is off since I use a leave-in w/ mild protein at least once a week and I use a moisturizing leave-in any other time; I also DC once a week with a mixture of Aussie Moist and Aussie 3 min. miracle mixed w/ olive oil. I do try to moisturize and seal nightly. I stopped shampooing about 6 weeks ago and have been alternating between ayurvedic powder rinses and cowashes. I clarify once a month with baking soda mixed with conditioner.

At this point I really don't know what to do. I have no desire to chop but if I can't get the breakage under control, I may have to. I was planning on transitioning at least until November. I am not doing any type of fake hair for the summer because it's seriously too hot for that.

Can anyone help a sista out????

I'm still transitioning also, I'm at Month 13. I think my hair is BCing itself but I'm going to keep on and make sure that I up my moisturizing and DCing.

Ok so I know a lot of people say they see their curls after they BC, but I see them now! I don't know if my NG is like super strength or something, but they refuse to be hidden. :lachen: not thats a bad thing. They curl right up something serious and shrinkage is CRAZY! Some of the hair I cut (that I use for reference) shrinks up to half an inch (it looks 4a to me btw) but when I pull it its almost 3 inches long. Shocks me every time I do it! At this rate I may transition forever... :look:

Oh 19 weeks post btw.

^^^I can't see my NG. Its all braided down!!! But I can already lift up my braids already and its only been a week. Hopefully that's a promising start to the HYH challenge :woot:

WHew! I kno I'm super late joining this thread but I'm new here & am in the process of getting to kno my hair!:grin:

Its been about 7 months since my last relaxer..Previously I was the girl that flat ironed my hair once a week like clockwork! :rolleyes: Thanks to this forum, I've been rockin' bantu knot outs, twistouts & buns! I've learned SO MUCH! The only problem i've been having is a little bit of breakage...I kno i probably need to go and purchase a protein treatment.

This morning i had the strongest urge to chop this hair off!!! I had just deep conditioned and I was so excited seeing my little curlies pop! :lick: However, I think i'm gonna wait AT LEAST until the beginning of next year to see how I feel...at the very latest, I will BC July next year!

OMG! If ya'll are having a hard time detangling, try Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. That stuff is the BOMBDIGGITY! It detangled my hair like nooooo other. Ya'll remember I used to complain about hour long detangling sessions. 10 minutes ya'll! TEN MINUTES! It was so good I didn't even rinse it out lol I hope it works well as a leave in! This is definitely a staple though.

I remember when this happened. Just when you think you have transitioning under control. Nope.

So here is what I did,
1. always do everything is sections and make sure your hair is streched to avoid demarcation tangles. This is where all my tangles are now. Not the natural hair or the relaxed hair but where they meet, I do everything is sections

2. if you get tried of caring for your tangly hair blow dry it may be a little but of heat but it will save you a few days of fustration. Remember you do always have to flat iron.

3. do a deep moisture treatment, my hair always behaves better after a DC on dry hair with PM detangler, honey, aloe vera, what germ oil, and heat

4. ceramides, I didn't discover this till about month 14 and it saved the breakage factor. I mix what germ oil with whatever I'm sealing with and have seen a big difference in the breakage. I hear hot six oil is good but I have never used it.

5. Also if you aren't doing this wash in braids. I say braids not sections. You need to keep your hair streched and tangle free. I braid my hair pre wash, wet the braid then unravel. shampoo - section - rinse - condition - rebraid.

I hope some thing I wrote helps.

Cosigning with washing in braids. I braid my hair pre-wash, wet, ayurvedic powder rinse, condition, and DC all in braids. I do not take the braids out until I detangle outside of the shower. I take one braid down one at a time, add leave-in and then ponytail airdry. At first I was afraid that products wouldn't get to all of my hair if I kept it in braids through the whole process but it hasn't been a problem.

I've been baggying at night (add Hawaiian Silky or Elasta QP Mango Butter and seal with EVCO - put on a plastic cap and tie my scarf over it) which has helped with moisture.

Also, trimming the relaxed ends has helped with keep my hair strands from tangling with each other.

HTH!

OMG! If ya'll are having a hard time detangling, try Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. That stuff is the BOMBDIGGITY! It detangled my hair like nooooo other. Ya'll remember I used to complain about hour long detangling sessions. 10 minutes ya'll! TEN MINUTES! It was so good I didn't even rinse it out lol I hope it works well as a leave in! This is definitely a staple though.

I heard the same thing about this and when I tried it did nothing.. Not sure if I didn't use enough but I thought I did.. HE Hydralicious worked better than this did for me.. I might need to re-visit this.. I think I read on the bottle that it works great as a Dc on dry hair..maybe I need to try that

I have tried Yes to Cucumbers conditioner the past two weeks and I officially love it. I use it as a DC and as a leave-in. I get tons of slip and my hair detangles easily. I am on a quest to buy readily available products instead of having to rely on online products.

Back