New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

The 2009 thread is way over 200 pages long: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=312457

I've provided the link so we can still refer to it :yep:

This is a continuation of the last thread, getting us ready for the new year (:yay: for 2010).

I think we can start by stating:
1. How far into your transition are you?
2. What's your transition goal?

HHG Ladies

:band::band2:

I am only 20 weeks post. I am transitionning with the help of BKT. Once my bottle of BKT runs ( end of 2011), I will order another one and continue the same thing for 2012. I will do light trims with each BKT. I plan to BC only when I am confortable with the length of my hair ( can put it in a bun or a puff). Short hair is a no no for me. HHJ to all

My waves and curls are starting to make their presence be known through the top layer of hair. They're basically saying "move over relaxed strands...its our time to shine!!" :lachen:

Girl, I'm right there with you!. What a difference a few weeks make. The only thing I've been able to do with my hair is put it in a ponytail, bun the rest and pray it holds. :ohwell:

I'm going to clarify, do a protein treatment, deep condition and attempt a braidout tonight. I might even be bold enough to take pics! I hope it comes out like the other braidouts that I've seen posted around LHCF. :rolleyes:

19 weeks post today!!! I'm holding on...:clapping:

ETA: Pics!!!! Braids were done 3 weeks and 1 day ago!

Attachments

• IMAG0150.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Girl, I'm right there with you!. What a difference a few weeks make. The only thing I've been able to do with my hair is put it in a ponytail, bun the rest and pray it holds. :ohwell:

I'm going to clarify, do a protein treatment, deep condition and attempt a braidout tonight. I might even be bold enough to take pics! I hope it comes out like the other braidouts that I've seen posted around LHCF. :rolleyes:

I usually do a phony pony myself every day. It seems to be helping but I think my hair is getting tired of it. time to try something new.

^^^ I'm the opposite since my natural hair is much thicker than the relaxed hair. Has anyone else had this happen?? I'm curious!

14 months post!!!

:bdance::yay::dance7::band::hula::hula:

At twelve months, I BC'ed my nape area, at 13 months I bc'ed the middle area. My hair is about 7 inches long in the back and middle and my new growth is just over 6 in the front. I have at least 3 inches of relaxed hair left in the front. I can't trim the front, though, in order to continue doing my bun. You can only imagine how crazy I look when I take my hair down! :spinning:

15 months post!!! I'm going to cut some more of the relaxed ends off in the front and get braids next week. Not sure how long I'm going to keep transitioning-just depends on how short/long the front is. I'd love to BC after I take these braids out. Happy Hair Growing all!

What was everyone's average growth during their transition? I'm quite curious to see if I'm lagging behind or if I'm just being impatient.

almost 11 months. so close to a year. anyone else deal with dryness when they blowdry? i blowdried my hair the other day & have used cantu & olive oil & nothing seems to work. :/

HAHAHA You will be there in no time NikkiQ....as long as you have your retention skills on point....I think you will be WL by December 2011...seriously. Your hair seems to grow faster than mine and if you don't do any major cuts, you'll be there next year!

HAHAHA You will be there in no time NikkiQ....as long as you have your retention skills on point....I think you will be WL by December 2011...seriously. Your hair seems to grow faster than mine and if you don't do any major cuts, you'll be there next year!

Holy guacamole! WL???? OOOOoooooh idk about that one.

I'm with Nikki. I see some of the women here with hair growth like WHOA!!!. Then I see my hair growth and I'm like whoa!!!. I'd be happy with hair growth that's somewhere in the middle, like at least whoa!!!

At least I've figured out that I'm not that far away from APL. And to think....a few months ago I didn't even know what APL meant. WHOA ME!!!

I'm with Nikki. I see some of the women here with hair growth like WHOA!!!. Then I see my hair growth and I'm like whoa!!!. I'd be happy with hair growth that's somewhere in the middle, like at least whoa!!!

At least I've figured out that I'm not that far away from APL. And to think....a few months ago I didn't even know what APL meant. WHOA ME!!!

me and you are like :crossfingers:!!! I'd be happy with APL in the near future(not too near. I'm not expecting a miracle here)

My one year transitionversary is just around the corner on August 1st. I've scheduled an appointment for that week for a BIT of a trim/cut just to even my hair out a bit. Pictures to come.

I'm 43 weeks post. Things are going well, however I've had some breakage in my crown. It's kinkier than the rest of my hair and the strands are the thinnest. I think the relaxed hair there was just really weak, because I have like 2 inches left in the crown, but about 4-5 inches of relaxed hair other places.:nono: I didn't realize that my hair was breaking like this until the past couple of weeks that I've been out of my half wigs....I was like Ohhhhh snap.

I'm trying to transition for 1 1/2-2 years, but I'm wondering if it makes sense anymore, esp. since my hair is starting to break off. It sucks because otherwise, the rest of my head looks good., esp. in braidouts. But an unintentional choppy look isn't cute.

Once it get's cooler, I may just BC and get back to my wigs. Just a vent.

13 weeks today. Did a length check last night and to say its only been 3 weeks since I last flattened it, I could see a little growth. Wish I could've gone longer without the heat, but I had to flat iron for my sew-in today. I actually had a ponytail!!! :lol:

I did a flexirod set. I have NL/SL hair so my it makes my hair look really short. I was already kinda self-conscious about it, but rocked it anyway. And actually ended up liking it. The second my dad sees me he says "What are you doing with your hair?" "It doesn't seem like you dont know WHAT to do with it." :sad: I guess it will be back in its bun tomorrow even though it took me a whole day to figure out how to even do this hairstyle... I just want pretty hair. :sad:

Back