New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

Random hair thoughts:

I got a mannequin and my braiding technique is coming along great. If only I could learn to do it on my own hair, I'd be SET!

I think I am gonna bun next week and give my hair a rest. Even though I only use heat on my wash day, I still feel guilty for using heat when I said I'd stop.

My hubby has told me almost daily how healthy and shiny my hair is. The other day he told me "I've never seen your hair look so healthy and full". I was like DANG and I just KNEW my relaxed hair was all that.

I can't believe I am 10 months post!!!!! I didn't think I'd make it past 6 weeks.

Just wanted to update everyone and let you know that I am no longer transitioning. I took out my braid extentions the first wk of August and have been wearing my natural hair out. Then one day I decided to watch youtube on how to do coils. I did and when I did them my ends looked scraggly, so the next thing I knew I was cutting like crazy all of my textlax hair off! Which btw was 2in all over. It feels good, but also not so good at the same time. You know how most of us are wanting to retain that length!

But what the heck I am free of chemicals now and all I have to do is look forward to futrue growth that's 100% mine naturally! Yeah btw just in case you were wondering I've been transitioning since Dec 08 which gave me 20 months of transitioning. I really did try to go all the way till this Dec but I felt they had to go. So overall I am pleased with my ultimate decision to cut!

Just wanted to update everyone and let you know that I am no longer transitioning. I took out my braid extentions the first wk of August and have been wearing my natural hair out. Then one day I decided to watch youtube on how to do coils. I did and when I did them my ends looked scraggly, so the next thing I knew I was cutting like crazy all of my textlax hair off! Which btw was 2in all over. It feels good, but also not so good at the same time. You know how most of us are wanting to retain that length!

But what the heck I am free of chemicals now and all I have to do is look forward to futrue growth that's 100% mine naturally! Yeah btw just in case you were wondering I've been transitioning since Dec 08 which gave me 20 months of transitioning. I really did try to go all the way till this Dec but I felt they had to go. So overall I am pleased with my ultimate decision to cut!

Congrats! Enjoy your hair!!!!

I added Rosemary oil to my oil mix and I love it!!! My hair and scalp are tingly and I'm in heaven.

Congrats. I was worried you were going to say that you decided to relax… I am so happy for you. Im sure you feel a sense of relief.

Congratulations!! :yay:

Officially 26 weeks today! :weird: That means I'm halfway through a year!!!! I think my ticker is off or something... These first six months have been filled with happiness and frustration, but I'm still in it to win it! I officially only have 365 more days to go! :lol:

Officially 26 weeks today! :weird: That means I'm halfway through a year!!!! I think my ticker is off or something... These first six months have been filled with happiness and frustration, but I'm still in it to win it! I officially only have 365 more days to go! :lol:

Congrats ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on making half a year! And your ticker doesn't look off to me. Looks about right.

I didn't get to log on yesterday to say...

I made ONE YEAR post!!!! :yay:

I am kinda style challenged :lachen: but the journey still wasn't half as hard as I expected it to be. I have no idea when I'll BC. I have no desire to BC or relax right now so I'm gonna keep transitioning. If my transition keeps moving along with no breakage, I think I may make it to 2 years.

So for now I'm just celebrating! :dance7:

I thinking about going on a personal no heat challenge after this weekend. And not use heat on my hair again until my bday (early February).

I'm scuuuurrrred tho. Lol. I've pretty much just worn my hair straight most of my transition. I'm afraid of breakage due to tangles.

I am kinda style challenged :lachen: but the journey still wasn't half as hard as I expected it to be. I have no idea when I'll BC. I have no desire to BC or relax right now so I'm gonna keep transitioning. If my transition keeps moving along with no breakage, I think I may make it to 2 years.

Wooohoooooo Congratulations! I am style challenged too, so I feel you 100%. Great job!!!

Congratulations lady!!! I'll be there in about 7more months......can't believe i'm saying that:D....but great job!!

Checkin in....my hair hasn't been bothering me lately thank God! Hopefully I can last until thanksgiving without having to shampoo! Then I know I'll catch some hell unfortunately....

OH YEAH! 9 more weeks til I'm 1 yr post. So excited!!! lol

Checkin in....my hair hasn't been bothering me lately thank God! Hopefully I can last until thanksgiving without having to shampoo! Then I know I'll catch some hell unfortunately....

OH YEAH! 9 more weeks til I'm 1 yr post. So excited!!! lol

wow Femme! a year already????? has it gone by quicker than you thought it would?

loving my hair.
i need some new hairstyles until i go into protective styles for the fall/winter

almost 15 months post! only like 21 more months to go lolll

I finally did it!

I BC'ed on Sunday after transitioning for almost 16 months! This thread has been a lifesaver for me throughout this transition.

Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats on making it one year. No turning back now. At least that's how I felt at 1 year.

:yep:

I have been lurking for quite some time now so I am a Newbie to postin but here are my goals:

1. 5mo
2. 12mo

I think we can start by stating:
1. How far into your transition are you?
2. What's your transition goal?

I have been lurking for quite some time now so I am a Newbie to postin but here are my goals:

1. 5mo
2. 12mo

I think we can start by stating:
1. How far into your transition are you?
2. What's your transition goal?

Hi! and welcome to the forum!

I'm 6 months post aiming for 18 months before I BC.

I also wanted to post up pictures from my first successful twist out! I did flat twists and curled the ends with flexi rods. I LOOOOVE the result! This is on 6 months post hair.

fronttwist.jpg

twistout.jpg

More pics in my fotki!

I finally did it!

I BC'ed on Sunday after transitioning for almost 16 months! This thread has been a lifesaver for me throughout this transition.

Best of luck to everyone!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL.....:dance7:

I can't wait to see the pics :)

Hi! and welcome to the forum!

I'm 6 months post aiming for 18 months before I BC.

I also wanted to post up pictures from my first successful twist out! I did flat twists and curled the ends with flexi rods. I LOOOOVE the result! This is on 6 months post hair.
More pics in my fotki!

Giiiiiirl your hair looks GREAT, absolutely beautiful!!!! My hair won't do that, well not when MY hands attempt to do it. LOL

Congratulations!! :yay:
KUTGW!

Back