New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

into my 13th week now. and i'm tired of the careful detangling and the general care. i washed and thread-braided my hair last night and it took me a full 3.5 hours!!!
of course once i was done i felt so pleased with myself and today i'm back into my stride - no doubts. i guess i wont be washing my hair every 5 days, thats just too much time wasted. i'm going to try go for 8-10 days between washing. now that i'm using all natural products on my hair (except for shampoo & condish), and have stopped using silicone regularly i dont get build-up at all.
is glycerine natural by the way??

I know I don't post in here as much as I should but I had to share w/ you all that I found my first few curlies :grin:

Only thing is, now I keep twirling them around see how curly it gets :lachen:
I want to BC but attempting to wait at least until the end of the year

25 weeks post! Didn't realize this... Now these next few months will be my real trial. I only use to get a relaxer 2x a year before anyway, but I doubt I'll relax, its just not within me to want to anymore...

25 weeks post! Didn't realize this... Now these next few months will be my real trial. I only use to get a relaxer 2x a year before anyway, but I doubt I'll relax, its just not within me to want to anymore...

I'm 23 weeks post today, so wouldn't you be 27? You were always 4 weeks ahead of me.

^^^I always thought she was only 5 weeks ahead of me and I make 19 today. We're all just thrown off. Darn you counters!!!

OMG its SO much easier to transition with my hair straightened! I don't have to worry about tangles and I'm not constantly touching my hair. Also there are not two textures to worry about! I'm trying to prolong my wash day for as long as possible. :lachen:

I tried this too - FAIL! I straightened Tuesday and I MUST wash today. I don't think I can make it past 3/4 days without feeling really gross. It's a shame because I only straighten once a month now, and I feel like I'm wasting my "straightening pass", lol. Oh well...

I tried a modified version of Kimmaytubes leave-in condish using Giovanni Direct instead of Kinky Curly Knot Today. I must say that my hair is very moisturized. The leave in gave my hair lots of slip, it's not greasy, and my hair is very soft. I would definitely recommend it. Better yet, the leave-in calls for ingredients that I keep on hand anyway.

FYI the orginal recipe:
1 oz Knot Today Leave-In
2 tablespoons of (Whole leaf version) Aloe Vera Juice with a pH 4.0 or 4.5
2 teaspoons of Castor Oil
2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil
Mix well.

Thanks!! I may try this. My hair has been super dry and I've been having a hard time keeping it moisturized.

Ladies, I've come to say goodbye to this thread...I don't think I'm ready for transitioning. I will be relaxing (or maybe heat training), in November. I will miss you all! :bighug: :cry2:

I will continue with my no heat and hiding my hair, so if you're in those threads, I will see you in that neck of the woods!

Ladies, I've come to say goodbye to this thread...I don't think I'm ready for transitioning. I will be relaxing (or maybe heat training), in November. I will miss you all! :bighug: :cry2:

I will continue with my no heat and hiding my hair, so if you're in those threads, I will see you in that neck of the woods!

sings "Its soooo harrrrrd to say goodbye to yesterdaaaayyyyy" :lachen:
See ya around the board girlie!!! Whatever makes you happy :D

We will miss u! ITA with FabNikki ---do u! :bighug:

did any ladies clip one little strand of hair early in their transition to see what their texture will be like?? i'm kinda curious.

did any ladies clip one little strand of hair early in their transition to see what their texture will be like?? i'm kinda curious.

LMAO @ one litte strand. Giiirl I have at LEAST 5 areas on my head that are cut. LOL I was obsessed.

OMG NOOOOOO!!!!! NOT MY TRANSITIONING BUDDY!!! :cry2: I promise to transition twice as long! for the both of us!

Yes... I cut a piece after about 3 months because I'm crazy.... If you look at some pics in my fotki you can see some pieces I cut in the middle of my head. I LOVED the way they looked though.

:lachen: i didn't wanna get too into it and end up BCing WAY before I planned

LOL I thought about it quite a few times but quickly came to my senses. For me the BC thoughts are slowly subsiding. I think I can tough it out and I'm sure you can too :D

LOL I thought about it quite a few times but quickly came to my senses. For me the BC thoughts are slowly subsiding. I think I can tough it out and I'm sure you can too :D

I'm hanging tough right there with ya girl. Congrats on making it to 10 months! How long you gonna transition for?? :congrats:

I'm hanging tough right there with ya girl. Congrats on making it to 10 months! How long you gonna transition for?? :congrats:

Someone, who transitioned for 2 years, told me just to listen to my hair (so profound lol) and that's what I plan to do. I am not going to set a date just do it when I feel comfy. I have a round face and I don't want to look a H.A.M, so I betta let my hurr grow out until I have more than a TWA. Nah mean? lol

Hi Ladies,

I'm about to hit 1 yr post next week and I'm seriously struggling with styling options. Braids outs no longer work for me because my roots puff up too much and the frizz is out of control. I'm thinking I need to start adding a curly pudding or something with hold to all of my styles.

This weekend I plan to try a rollerset with mousse or some other type of holding product. I know my roots won't get straight but I'm fine with that as long as the curls hold. I can always use a headband to hide the roots.

So ladies do you have any suggestions of styling products I should be using at this point in my transition? My shampoos and conditioners are working great as my hair is very soft. It's just styling products I need help with. I think I am mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my crown. TIA!

Back