New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

This whole convo about counting weeks is funny! I need to get a ticker, too. I don't think it matters after a certain point - a year or more. I don't plan on chopping any remaining ends til I'm at least 130 weeks post, anyway. Will it really matter if I counted wrong and I'm 129 weeks or 131 weeks? NO!

OMG you just made my head hurt. WTH is 130 weeks? I think people should stop counting weeks after 1 yr post at the latest. When folks say I'm 75 weeks post I just sit there and say....ok so thats a really big number past a year awesome lol

OMG you just made my head hurt. WTH is 130 weeks? I think people should stop counting weeks after 1 yr post at the latest. When folks say I'm 75 weeks post I just sit there and say....ok so thats a really big number past a year awesome lol

:lol: I think it's like women with their first child. The baby's like 2 years old and they might say the child is 26 months. :lol: I think I'm going to be like this with my hair too! :grin:

almost 2 weeks into this sew in and I can begin to pick the braids up a little bit. Not as much as last time, but it's most def moving. Haven't been cowashing as much with this install as I did with the last, but hey...I didn't keep the weave in for this long either lol

I tried a modified version of Kimmaytubes leave-in condish using Giovanni Direct instead of Kinky Curly Knot Today. I must say that my hair is very moisturized. The leave in gave my hair lots of slip, it's not greasy, and my hair is very soft. I would definitely recommend it. Better yet, the leave-in calls for ingredients that I keep on hand anyway.

FYI the orginal recipe:
1 oz Knot Today Leave-In
2 tablespoons of (Whole leaf version) Aloe Vera Juice with a pH 4.0 or 4.5
2 teaspoons of Castor Oil
2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil
Mix well.

The ticker is still confusing at times. Mine says 4 months and a week(13 weeks), but my personal count has me at 19 weeks tomorrow lol.

^^i keep a little calendar on my desk at work and when I'm bored, I just write down how far along I am every Friday.

The ticker is still confusing at times. Mine says 4 months and a week(13 weeks), but my personal count has me at 19 weeks tomorrow lol.

Thats because 4 months and a week doesn't equal 13 weeks lol it's only confusing when you keep trying to tell yourself that 4 weeks=1 month when it doesn't. Plus, that would be 17 anyway (4x4 + 1) hahahahaha But I just count my months now so when the 26th of any month rolls around, i'm ___ months post. I had to stop counting weeks because it was frustrating that I wasn't further along in my transition. Kept tellin time and my hair to hurry up lol

Last edited:
:lick: I wanted to stick my tongue out but I dont see that option so I guess you're gonna have to be tasty :lachen:

well from now on when I see it, I'll know you meant to stick out your tongue lol. i wonder why they don't have that smiley anyway. they have everything else under the sun. hmm...

Thats because 4 months and a week doesn't equal 13 weeks lol it's only confusing when you keep trying to tell yourself that 4 weeks=1 month when it doesn't. Plus, that would be 17 anyway (4x4 + 1) hahahahaha But I just count my months now so when the 26th of any month rolls around, i'm ___ months post. I had to stop counting weeks because it was frustrating that I wasn't further along in my transition. Kept tellin time and my hair to hurry up lol

I think I have to start counting this way as well. I feel like I should have almost 3 inches of natural hair, but I only have 2.5. If I go by my count (like NikkiQ), I'm almost six months, but by your time I will be 6 months post in three weeks. I like the latter better!

OMG its SO much easier to transition with my hair straightened! I don't have to worry about tangles and I'm not constantly touching my hair. Also there are not two textures to worry about! I'm trying to prolong my wash day for as long as possible. :lachen:

OMG its SO much easier to transition with my hair straightened! I don't have to worry about tangles and I'm not constantly touching my hair. Also there are not two textures to worry about! I'm trying to prolong my wash day for as long as possible. :lachen:

That's what I said too! But I missed my texture and washed after day 10! :lol:

That's what I said too! But I missed my texture and washed after day 10! :lol:

See I felt like Miryoku for the last 2 weeks and this week I feel like newbeginnings. I went to Sally's (product junkie in full effect) and my straight hair will say ADIOS tonight. I can't WAIT to see my waves and curls.

Anyone transitioning use the new Proclaim with argan oil? Reviews?

^^I've seen that line everytime I go to Sally's and it intrigues me, but I talk myself out of it by the time I get to the register :lachen:

I did give in and bought the 3 Skala conditioners that the BL over here by my job had. Will be nice to give it a try, ya know?

I did a mini-dusting last night. It felt good, believe it or not. I'll trim again in January. I think I'll trim about twice a year. I don't want to get scissors-happy since I'll be self-trimming from now on.

Back