New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

You may actually like it lol idk I hate anything Aussie, Suave Humectant, Suave shea butter crap, hello hydration and others lol I just revisted Renpure organics yesterday only to be disappointed so I'm giving it to my sis-in law...gosh I hate wasting money lol glad ive found my staples now!

But I LOVE cholesterol (well lekair and SE) so we have that in common!

^^and my hair liked Hello Hydration lol. Geez I didn't know our hair was that opposite in products it likes :lachen:

I have to make sure to set aside some funds each month for my Oyin Whipped Pudding. It's now a staple. I love it. I think that product along with Carol's Daughter's Lite Curl Booster will be the only non-cheapie products I will use for a while (although I do want to try Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade).

hi all. i've figured out that i'm at around 12 weeks post. so far, i'm really hating castor oil (but i'll give it another try soon since i have it) and i'm loving my mix of water, glycerin and aloe vera juice, sealed with any oil except castor oil.
:)

hi all. i've figured out that i'm at around 12 weeks post. so far, i'm really hating castor oil (but i'll give it another try soon since i have it) and i'm loving my mix of water, glycerin and aloe vera juice, sealed with any oil except castor oil.
:)

For me castor oil is only good for sealing my ends. Otherwise I HATE it! Its sticky and makes my hair feel nasty, but it keeps my hair super moisturized.

Hello all! I am new to the board (after lurking for quite a while). I am finally transitioning after putting it off for quite some time! I am 10 weeks post & got braids put in for the first time so I can finally make it past the 3.5 month mark...I always get to that point and end up relaxing in frustration. So this is my first serious attempt because my scalp is not reacting to chemicals well anymore. Any tips from the seasoned veterans? I am taking my braids out in November, so I will have 5 months by that time...YAY!

Hey ladies. I'm washing my hair tonight, and I was wondering if any 4b's or 4a's find that they HAVE to stretch their newgrowth when air drying their hair. I tend to enjoy the feel of my curls unstretched, but I'm afraid that it could lead to a lot of breakage. Any ideas?

Also, welcome to the dark side Jinez1112! :lol: Just kidding! I'm not a seasoned veteran, but if your hair is anything like mine, I suggest a moisturizing DC with a ceramide oil (you can mix it in) and a protein leave in for your relaxed ends.

So......i took my shower and afterwards i sat down to moisturize my hair with my Bee Mine Luscious. How often does everyone in here moisturize their hair? I can go 2-3 days without having to especially now that i have really cut back on cones:yep:.....i fine that moisturizers or leave ins with cones have a part in drying my hair out.

I also found that putting a dab of moisturizer on my matted parts helps me to unmatte them:yep:

Hey ladies. I'm washing my hair tonight, and I was wondering if any 4b's or 4a's find that they HAVE to stretch their newgrowth when air drying their hair. I tend to enjoy the feel of my curls unstretched, but I'm afraid that it could lead to a lot of breakage. Any ideas?

Also, welcome to the dark side Jinez1112! :lol: Just kidding! I'm not a seasoned veteran, but if your hair is anything like mine, I suggest a moisturizing DC with a ceramide oil (you can mix it in) and a protein leave in for your relaxed ends.

I ALWAYS airdry with my new growth stretched either by braiding my hair or in a bun. I would go through hell if I allowed my hair to airdry freely.

So......i took my shower and afterwards i sat down to moisturize my hair with my Bee Mine Luscious. How often does everyone in here moisturize their hair? I can go 2-3 days without having to especially now that i have really cut back on cones:yep:.....i fine that moisturizers or leave ins with cones have a part in drying my hair out.

I also found that putting a dab of moisturizer on my matted parts helps me to unmatte them:yep:

Yup when I stopped using cones, I realized I could go days without moisturizing. I only moisturize after I wash which is usually once a week sometimes twice.

I moisturize once a day. Southern California has a dry heat that sucks out my moisture something terrible. Back home in Philly, I could days based on one day of moisturizing; but, not so much over here.

That's interesting! Ever since I started using Aussie Moist mixed with WGO as my DC, my natural roots have been VERY soft and moisturized. I didn't have to remoisturize for about 4 days. My hair seems to like cones. Oh! I also used a little Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Masque on my roots. That could have a lot to do with it as well.

Hello all! I am new to the board (after lurking for quite a while). I am finally transitioning after putting it off for quite some time! I am 10 weeks post & got braids put in for the first time so I can finally make it past the 3.5 month mark...I always get to that point and end up relaxing in frustration. So this is my first serious attempt because my scalp is not reacting to chemicals well anymore. Any tips from the seasoned veterans? I am taking my braids out in November, so I will have 5 months by that time...YAY!

what kind of braids have you got? how often will you wash them? i'm thinking of braiding too but i'm worried about moisturising in braids and een more worried about taking care of my edges.
tia

I have to strh my hair the whole way through or I will be matting ----> fustraton ---> breakage

hey ladies....
just peeking in to say im almost 15 months post. lately ive been thinking about doing the bc on christmas eve or after dec 31st trimming off an inch every month. but i at least would like to transition for 18 months

my regimine:
cowashing 2-3 days a week and leaving in a moisturizing conditioner.
i try not to do much manipulation and after i cowash i airdry in a bun to stretch my ng

herbal essence long term relationship
pantene relaxed and natural dry to moisturized
aussie moist conditioner

i dont like to use a million products
im on the use one buy one personal challenge. or if i run out i buy 2 large bottles of my staples and i may try a new conditioner. if i dont care for the new one ill use it in 3-4 washes or use it to detangle

Thanks LaFemme and Bun Mistress. I decided not to wash my hair this weekend because this is the first time in a long time that I haven't had a lot of breakage. I'm attributing that to having my hair straightened last week. I'm going to try and wait until next weekend, but chances are I won't last that long. I may have to be like my cousin and transition by straightening my hair once every 2 months. No one even knew she was transitioning until she chopped 1.5 years later and started wearing it in a fro.

Thanks LaFemme and Bun Mistress. I decided not to wash my hair this weekend because this is the first time in a long time that I haven't had a lot of breakage. I'm attributing that to having my hair straightened last week. I'm going to try and wait until next weekend, but chances are I won't last that long. I may have to be like my cousin and transition by straightening my hair once every 2 months. No one even knew she was transitioning until she chopped 1.5 years later and started wearing it in a fro.

Nothing wrong with that. I had decided to start straightening once a month when it starts to cool down but I know I wont work out for at least a week with my hair straight. That's a week a month so I cant neglect my body for my hair. So when I lose these 20 pounds, I will start straightening once a month until the Spring.

Nothing wrong with that. I had decided to start straightening once a month when it starts to cool down but I know I wont work out for at least a week with my hair straight. That's a week a month so I cant neglect my body for my hair. So when I lose these 20 pounds, I will start straightening once a month until the Spring.

You said it! I'm going for 15 pounds to get back to my weight when I graduated high school too! We should stay updated on each other's progress!

umm...where in the world do yall need to lose 15lbs from??? I'm bigger than yall!

Girl bye you look skinny minny in them photos lol I really dont need to lose from anywhere except my back and my face but since thats where my fat LOVES to go, thats gonna be the last place it comes from. Hence, the 20 pounds. Shouldnt we be discussing this in that other thread?

umm...where in the world do yall need to lose 15lbs from??? I'm bigger than yall!

Girl bye you look skinny minny in them photos lol I really dont need to lose from anywhere except my back and my face but since thats where my fat LOVES to go, thats gonna be the last place it comes from. Hence, the 20 pounds. Shouldnt we be discussing this in that other thread?

It would be a NIGHTMARE if I did not wash, DC, and airdry in braids 99.9% of the time. This keeps the two textures from battling and makes detangling a heck of a lot easier when you have to.

Last edited:
yeah we should lol. BTW I'm 140lbs but I'm not that tall so it's just tucked away in okay spots. Those back fat rolls are the HARDEST FREAKING THINGS TO GET RID OF!!!! I hate them!

Oh, trust me it's there! I carry all my weight in my hips and butt, but my waist and arms are tiny. I know some people might like that, but I am NOT feeling these thick thighs and booty!

Back