New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

^^I like their Juicy Green Apple Conditioner:yep:....i can't get down with the fake coconut scent of conditioners:nono:....makes me nauseous:barf:

But wooooh!....Lemme tell ya! My hair feels SO good after i clarified all the gunk out of my hair yesterday:yep:

I shampoo my hair in halves now....its working pretty well....i used up my ORS shampoo and then i detangled with crece pelo conditioner (its dominican)....first with my fingers and then with my comb.....after i rinsed all that out i deep conditioned with my beloved Lustrasilks Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus for about 10-15 min as i showered...hey, the jar says 3-5 min...so as far as i'm concerned my conditioning was DEEP...:laugh:

And then i used the juicy green apple as a leave in and moisturized with my Bee Mine Luscious and sealed with jojoba oil.....SO much better!! I didn't even have to moisturize today:D

^^I like their Juicy Green Apple Conditioner:yep:....i can't get down with the fake coconut scent of conditioners:nono:....makes me nauseous:barf:

But wooooh!....Lemme tell ya! My hair feels SO good after i clarified all the gunk out of my hair yesterday:yep:

I shampoo my hair in halves now....its working pretty well....i used up my ORS shampoo and then i detangled with crece pelo conditioner (its dominican)....first with my fingers and then with my comb.....after i rinsed all that out i deep conditioned with my beloved Lustrasilks Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus for about 10-15 min as i showered...hey, the jar says 3-5 min...so as far as i'm concerned my conditioning was DEEP...:laugh:

And then i used the juicy green apple as a leave in and moisturized with my Bee Mine Luscious and sealed with jojoba oil.....SO much better!! I didn't even have to moisturize today:D

So you're gonna shampoo once a week now instead of once every 2 weeks? How often were you shampooing before?

Same here! I used to cowash with Vo5 Moisture Milks. But, I tend to use Suave a lot more now.

Ooooh girl I have the V05 too!!! But its just something about Suave Humectant that tickles my soul :lachen:

NikkiQ said:
Ooooh girl I have the V05 too!!! But its just something about Suave Humectant that tickles my soul :lachen:

Girl, that one and Almond and Shea Butter!!!! They give great slip and my hair feels so soft and moist afterwards!!! I love them.

So you're gonna shampoo once a week now instead of once every 2 weeks? How often were you shampooing before?

I usually shampoo once a week anyway...but i also usually co-wash 2 times a week and right now that co-washing 2 times a week seems to be too much for my hair now....to much manipulation with tangling every single time and matting:nono:

I have to wait til everyone has taken their showers:rolleyes:

Don't they understand that it takes time to care for long and thick hair?!? Geez!:spinning:...and i mean our hot water lasts LONG but they get irritated with me singing...and i got my new hairstopper so it should be less annoying to them.........:grin:...okay this makes me laugh.

Okay....i just have to say....i really hope my hair is similar to empressri's hair when i'm completely natural in 2013....i have to calculate to make sure thats the right year...lol!!!

I LOVE that girl's hair SO much i'm a stan!!!:laugh:

I have to wait til everyone has taken their showers:rolleyes:

Don't they understand that it takes time to care for long and thick hair?!? Geez!:spinning:...and i mean our hot water lasts LONG but they get irritated with me singing...and i got my new hairstopper so it should be less annoying to them.........:grin:...okay this makes me laugh.

I have to wait until I go to the gym. The thought of having to co-wash my hair twice in one day is too much. So, since it's hot as Hedes now, I've been spritzing with water.

Okay....i just have to say....i really hope my hair is similar to empressri's hair when i'm completely natural in 2013....i have to calculate to make sure thats the right year...lol!!!

I LOVE that girl's hair SO much i'm a stan!!!:laugh:

I'm the same way with GoingNatural. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair!!!

Just wanted to share some transitioning pics.

DSCN0908-2.jpg
DSCN0906.jpg
DSCN0909.jpg

Ok I'm joining. Last relaxer beginning of April 2010. So I'm almost 5 months post. I've tried transitioning before and lasted for about 4-6 months. Hopefully this time I'll make it all the way through. I definitely have ventured off my healthy hair journey several times and never made any good growth progress. Now I just want healthy hair. Ordering staples that worked for me in the past: Salerm 21 and Elasta QP mango butter.

Checking in at a little past 5 months post. Two of my sisters-in-law blow-dried and straightened my hair last week. Here was the process.

I shampooed with ORS Shampoo and DCed with Aussie Moist (added WGO and extra jojoba oil) overnight.

Rinsed out in the morning. Air-dried to about 70%.

S-I-L number one blew out my roots in about 8 sections using Shea Moisture Shea Butter Masque.

S-I-L number two straightened my hair with her Maxiglide and whatever that cone serum is that comes with the Maxiglide on HSN.

It turned out beautifully! Unfortunately I can't post pics because of the HYH challenge, but I was happy with the results...until I got back to Florida! :afro: Weeellll, it wasn't THAT bad, but it's in a high ponytail now. My hair was veeeery soft and still is! I know that must have been a result of the overnight DC.

Luckily I have 10 sisters-in-law, and they all agreed to help me straighten my hair when I see them. Those will probably be the only times I straighten my hair considering that it always turns out much better when they have straightened my hair in the past. They're technique is just better than mine. I usually see them 2 - 3 times per year, so that's how often I'll straighten it.

Happy transitioning!

wow, I realized I haven't read this thread in MONTHS! I'm still transitioning. I'm pretty sure I won't BC but do mini-trims here and there. I only trim once a year right now, but once I gain more length (at least APL), I will increase it to twice a year.

hie all, newbie over here.
I'm transitioning, now about 14weeks post relaxer. I plan to transition until my natural hair is long enough to NOT be a twa, so I'm trying to handle the relaxed ends very gently.

Just wanted to share some transitioning pics.
DSCN0909.jpg
your curls are so gorgeous :love2:

I feel like taking some scissors to my hair. But I'm waiting til the end of the year to trim but I touch it and think a couple inches will be gone. I keep daydreaming when I get rid of my last relaxed ends.:look:

Checking in at a little past 5 months post. Two of my sisters-in-law blow-dried and straightened my hair last week. Here was the process.

I shampooed with ORS Shampoo and DCed with Aussie Moist (added WGO and extra jojoba oil) overnight.

Rinsed out in the morning. Air-dried to about 70%.

S-I-L number one blew out my roots in about 8 sections using Shea Moisture Shea Butter Masque.

S-I-L number two straightened my hair with her Maxiglide and whatever that cone serum is that comes with the Maxiglide on HSN.

It turned out beautifully! Unfortunately I can't post pics because of the HYH challenge, but I was happy with the results...until I got back to Florida! :afro: Weeellll, it wasn't THAT bad, but it's in a high ponytail now. My hair was veeeery soft and still is! I know that must have been a result of the overnight DC.

Luckily I have 10 sisters-in-law, and they all agreed to help me straighten my hair when I see them. Those will probably be the only times I straighten my hair considering that it always turns out much better when they have straightened my hair in the past. They're technique is just better than mine. I usually see them 2 - 3 times per year, so that's how often I'll straighten it.

Happy transitioning!

10 sisters-in law? Can you loan one to me??:lachen:

Hi all!

I just joined the site after lurking for a loooong time. I'm 7 months post, I have about 2.5/3 inches of new growth. Luckily no tangling yet but I suffered some breakage after a really bad blow out a few weeks ago. I've managed to get that under control but I'm loving my hair and looking forward to being au naturale. I'm hoping to transition for at least 18 months, if my hair will allow it.

Back