New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

Hey! Didn't you recently decide to transition? How is it going for you so far??

yeah, well, im sorta still deciding, but while im deciding i'm also not relaxing and falling more in love with my new growth everyday so. . . :ohwell:

It's going good so far. no major problems. I just want to master some styles that will allow me to transition and maintain neat looking hair the whole time.

I think I'm gonna try to transition! I'm 2 months and some weeks. I have a ticker in my siggy. I hope to go 24 months but I would rather not every cut, just let the relaxed, texlaxed hair shed naturally. Wish me luck!

14 months post TODAY and I..................................................

BIG CHOPPED! :dance7:I said I would go for 2 years but my nape and most of the middle was natural. I only had the top to cut. I only added 1 pic to my fotki (see below), since I've had a problem with viruses on fotki this week. I will add more pics and let you know.

I'm very happy! :grin: Especially since I can make a ponytail by braiding it back on the sides and gathering the rest of my hair.

photo-vi.jpg

Mrs.J,

OMG!!! Congrats on your BC! Please post pics here, because I am never going on Fotki again!

Darn, am I the only one that is trying to last 18 months?

Hi everyone, I am almost 9 months post! I wanted to join to keep myself accountable. I am trying to go for atleast 24 months! I am about to put in braids that will hopefully take me through the end of the year!

yeah, well, im sorta still deciding, but while im deciding i'm also not relaxing and falling more in love with my new growth everyday so. . . :ohwell:

It's going good so far. no major problems. I just want to master some styles that will allow me to transition and maintain neat looking hair the whole time.

Same here!!:yep:...you spoke MY mind!

BIG CHOPPED! :dance7:I said I would go for 2 years but my nape and most of the middle was natural. I only had the top to cut. I only added 1 pic to my fotki (see below), since I've had a problem with viruses on fotki this week. I will add more pics and let you know.

I'm very happy! :grin: Especially since I can make a ponytail by braiding it back on the sides and gathering the rest of my hair.

Congrats, girlie! You've got a lot of length! Can't wait for more pics

Mrs.J,

OMG!!! Congrats on your BC! Please post pics here, because I am never going on Fotki again!

you're not alone! i'm 16months post today! in braids until early october and i'll be 18months post mid-october. i probably won't bc until november/december

Me too. I plan on BCing in mid December or 19 months. I plan on going to the salon in February, getting a 1/2 inch all over trim and pouring some COLOR on all this gray that I never had until I decided to transition!:lachen:

you're not alone! i'm 16months post today! in braids until early october and i'll be 18months post mid-october. i probably won't bc until november/december

I AM ONE YEAR POST!!!
:band2::guiness::cheers::band::rofl::bdance::yay::bouncegre:trampolin:weird::beer::woot::bouncegre:dance7::bouncy::grouphug::club::circle::lots::2cool::pepper::rocker::reddancer::bounceline::happydance::trophy::wiggle::woohoo2::thewave:

I could cry, I am so proud of myself. Transitioning for a year has truly shown me that anything is possible. I cannot WAIT to be natural & for year # 2 :yep:

* This would have been the time where I would tell you all to check out my... :ahem:...rhymes with "lotki"...but theres no need to go there right now:ohwell: lol

:welcome: There are a lot of us in this thread and we're at different stages of transitioning so feel free to ask questions.

As for your question about twist outs: I found that my braidouts stopped looking good (IMO) after 10 months post. The humidity would hit the NG and *poof* --- and you could see the two different textures. :nono: Part of the reason for this is probably because I still had a lot of relaxed hair, magnifying the difference.

Other ladies please chime in if you had a different experience.

I agree....but my braidouts (21 months post/5 inches relaxed hair) make the best puffs! Everyone thinks its a faux pony lol...I live in an area with 100% humidity so I rarely attempt to wear a braid-out down...

photo-vi.jpg

Wow, I love it, that's a lot of thick pretty hair and in only 14 months. you all give me strength to hold on.

Same here!!:yep:...you spoke MY mind!

We are >>>here<<< We can do this. We can.

Ya'll....i cannot believe i'm bout to be 15 weeks post next week:cry4:

I'll be 5 months post in 5 more weeks:shocked:

Wow. . .When you put it that way. :rolleyes: me too. OMG 5 months sounds so. .. .long. I'll be there in 6.5 weeks. And to just think, that's the longest I would go without a relaxer just a couple of years ago. 6.5 weeks and I can say "I haven't had a relaxer in 5 months." WOW

I think mine still look good. Don't know if the world think they look good:lachen: Attached is mine at 6 months post. I'm 9 months post and they still look good to me. I will take a pic next time I do one.

Yours looks great!

So whats your reggie and styles you normally wear? Sorry if this has been answered!

I wash my hair in four braids using an ayurvedic powder rinse, condition with Hello Hydration, DC with ORS replenishing pac. I use Beyond the Zone Last Call leave-in and detangle one braid at a time. Seal with coconut oil. I airdry in the ponytails.

I moisturize daily (usually at night) with Hawaiian Silky or Elasta QP Mango Butter, seal with coconut oil. Before bed, I moisturize, make two braids, roll under the ends and secure with a clip, place a plastic bag on my head and cover with a scarf (thanks AltaAngel!) My hair is moisturized in the morning and I don't have to really moisturize again.

In the morning, I take out the braids, put all my hair into a ponytail, roll the ends under and secure with bobby pins. I put some Elasta QP Design Foam (love this stuff) and brush the hair to smooth. Put Eco Styler gel to keep the edges down and put on my scarf (then shower and dress). I take off the scarf before I leave the house and my edges are smooth.

This bun has been the style I've been wearing since May and will continue until I BC.

Last edited:

photo-vi.jpg

Mrs.J,

Nope ---- I'm here for another 10 months :drunk:

Back