Need to be hair typed....

While I don't usually do or ask this because I feel like its silly- whatever hair type you got (curly or kinky)- God has blessed you with. But recently I have been asked to type my hair from stylists over the phone looking to get a idea of my texture.

I honestly don't know what to tell them. I've looked at the hair typing systems and I don't think I fit in anywhere. Can someone please help me?

i agree:) based on the wet hair pics in your album. i'd say primarily 3c, with a little 4a in the back.

Just like me, Chica. When I was natural, I was 3C/4A. I had 4A in the crown, a mixture of 3C/4A in the back, and 3B/C in the front. The front grew faster than the rest. The crown was second-fasting, and the back, the slowest-growing hair. Good luck!;)

Serenity_Peace said:
Just like me, Chica. When I was natural, I was 3C/4A. I had 4A in the crown, a mixture of 3C/4A in the back, and 3B/C in the front. The front grew faster than the rest. The crown was second-fasting, and the back, the slowest-growing hair. Good luck!;)

That is sooo true, the front of my hair grows really fast! Thank You!

Thank You everyone sooo much, sometimes it's just necessary to get other peoples perspectives esp with something like hair typing. Thanks for all the compliments- I don't know why but I am still very self-conscious of my natural hair.

But according to what everyone has said I think its safe to say that Im a 4a with a loose wavy-er :lol: pattern. Because when I airdry my hair I have very few defined curls so I can't say I have curly hair.

Back