Naturals Who Work-Out...

Naturals, how are you wearing your hair to workout?

• In a ponytail

Votes: 51 37.8%
  • In a bun

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • Wrapped under a scarf

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Pulled back with a silk wrap

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • Pulled back with a mesh wrap

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

ppp422

I've searched and found some good tips but...:drunk:
I'm wondering how most naturals wear their hair when they work-out???

Cornrow and tie a scarf on top to catch all the sweat. As long as your hair is up off your shoulders you should be good. My problem will be co washing on twisted hair 3x a week.:ohwell:

I usually wear a puff beause my hair is on the shorter side but when it grows out more I'm not quite sure how I will wear it...probably a twist out / braid out or something

I gave up. It was TOO MUCH work. My hair is very course and I would have to braid it up every single night. At times I would get impatient and I would actually rip it when it got tangled.

I have braids now.

If I'm wearing my bun or twistouts, I don't have to do anything special to my hair. My hairstyle keeps its shape and I don't have to worry about it reverting, it's natural anyway.

I just keep my hair in whatever style it's in. It shrinks up and whatnot but I just leave it like that.

My hair is usually in a PS whether single twists, plaits or canerows. For any of these options I just wear my hair in a high pony and cowash after the workout. I don't usually work out hard enough to sweat when my hair is out, I wait till its back in singles - way easier.

I'm not natural yet, still transitioning but I will probably do what I do right now.

Either:
1. Cornrows with a headband, most times I use these for a braidout.
OR
2. A loose ponytail (lol will be a puff the first 6 or more months after my BC)

I gave up. It was TOO MUCH work. My hair is very course and I would have to braid it up every single night. At times I would get impatient and I would actually rip it when it got tangled.

I have braids now.

Yep this is me all over. My hair is course but has its 'soft' days. Now that Im natural, I usually cornrow before bed, will workout with that under a scarf and possible run some water though it when I shower (not always).
But I know Im gona run back into braids cos its a lot of work in the morning and at night.
my hair is still too short to put up in to a ponytail so I am unable to do that, but once I am, I think it will get easier.

I voted wrong, minus 1 from the under a silk group.

My hair is usually in the short puff thing in my avatar and I just cover it with something.

my hair is still very short so I just wear it out...now I have cornrows and its even better! I'm thinking I'll probably pull in a ponytail when I get more hair..that's on the days when I am not wearing twists

I'm in twists so I just workout in whatever do I had that day. If I had them just hanging, I leave them down. If they were up in a do, I leave them in a do. My hair isn't long enough to be in the way.

I wear my hair in twists the majority of the time, so I pull them up in a pony tail when I work out.

My hair is still short so I just wear it out and Co-wash afterwards. Is there a special way I should be wearing my hair when I work out to protect it?

Pony puff or single braid when it's been stretched with a blow dryer. Aloe Vera gel and Mega Tek holds down my edges 'till I get home.

ETA: Today I'm wearing a bun 'cause I didn't co-wash my hair last night....

The way my hair is that day. I am sporting a Twist Out this week, so it will be like that. Last week it was a puff.

Back