CURLFORMERS-NATURALS

Pinkskates I dont mean to rain on your parade but I think you are going to have to go back and buy more long and narrow or look up the tutorial for using 2 curlformers on extra long hair. I think your hair might be too long and hang out of the bottom of the long and wide. :ohwell:

I was thinking the same thing too.
Pink your hair is oober-long.

3b/3c here! I have pics in my fokti. Ladies MBL and longer can get away with using the extra long/wides. I still had room left in mine and my longest length stretched is close to waist. :grin:

3b/3c here! I have pics in my fokti. Ladies MBL and longer can get away with using the extra long/wides. I still had room left in mine and my longest length stretched is close to waist. :grin:

You did a great job Chocokitty! Beautiful hair!

You were right OAHQ, the Long blue/green ones were too short. I had to return the kit and purchase the extra long pink/orange packages. I bought 7 packages and used 6. But next I will use more because I didn't cover my crown area completely. It was very scary at first 'cause I had too much hair in the curler and my hair was not wet enough. Ladies you gotta have the hair almost soaking wet especially at the roots. Otherwise the hair bunches up in the hook and gets tangled. I thought I had pulled out chunks of my hair:nono: Here are some pics. I'll be back with the results. I'm going to fashion week later on today and I will take my hair down when I start to get ready. I'll add the takedown pics then. And I'll add them to my fotki. I love these curlers. I sat under the dryer for 1 hour; and my roots are 70% straight. I'm loving these rollers. I will be doing more curlformers and less press n'curls!
IMG00184.jpg

IMG00194.jpg

IMG00196.jpg

IMG00197.jpg

Curlformers straightened and curled my natural hair simultaneously!!! My hair was nearly soaking wet and it came out 90% straight.:yep: Although my hair did not turn out 100% the way I would have liked; but I know what I did wrong and next time my results will be much better. And my curls were soft, springy and full of body. It's official, I'm in love with Curlformers. I'm so excited that I created a new fotki album which will be devoted to my curlformers roller sets. If you want to see pics go to my fotki, it's the same pw as my other albums. Thank you Ladykpnyc for the wonderful you tube video. That helped me a lot!

ETA: RR and Sweetheart I added you guys to my buddy list.

Last edited:
Curlformers straightened and curled my natural hair simultaneously!!! My hair was nearly soaking wet and it came out 90% straight.:yep: Although my hair did not turn out 100% the way I would have liked; but I know what I did wrong and next time my results will be much better. And my curls were soft, springy and full of body. It's official, I'm ion love with Curlformers. I'm so excited that I created a new fotki album which will be devoted to my curlformers roller sets. If you want to see pics go to my fotki, it's the same pw as my other albums. Thank you Ladykpnyc for the wonderful you tube video. That helped me a lot!

Pinkskates, how to see your Curlformers fotki?

I went to your fotki and it says I need a password. So then i went to you profile and its set on private? How do i get the password to look at the album?

Natural(something in the 4 category) with "just" below shoulder length hair. Used the long/wide kit because that was the only kit available. Purchase 2 needles. I would "load" while hubby used the other one in my hair.

Here are my recommendations:

1. Yes, get a partner to help if possible! One load another hook the hair!
2. For naturals, pull the curlformer as far up as possible so it is tight against the roots-less hair showing from roots to the curlformer...this will help stop the puffiness.
3. The smaller the sections the better
4. Do decide the direction you want the curls to lay and position the curls that way. In natural hair it is very hard to change directions once dried.
5. Keep hair as wet as possible, I used spray bottle even after the formers were in since it took about 30 minutes to "roll" my hair
6. Once I figured out to open the top of the former up to help slide the hooked hair through....things went a lot faster
7. If any strands of hair is left out of a former...things will be a mess!

I use keracare setting foam and lots of water to set. Hair was extremely soft and silky in comparison to even roller setting. Curl looked fantastic when taken out of curlformer.

Here is where it gets tricky....the next day. I intentionally didn't wrap or pin curl hair last night. This morning...results were not good! However for a first attempt AND with hubby doing it, not bad!

I am doing my daughter's hair now. She is natural(somewhere in the 3 category) with hair definitely armpit length. I purchased an additional two packs of curlformers (extra long and wide) with her in mine. Definitely needed the extra long for her armpit length.

She's under the Pibbs now and I will post and let everyone know how it turns out!

TrustMeLove said the same thing. :ohwell: She took hers back because the results didn't last. Hmmm...

I'm glad you liked your results, though! And I'm glad your daughter's hair turned out beautiful, too!

I'm still looking to get some. PinkSkates has a hair type very similar to mine, so I can't wait to see her results! :grin:

ETA: PinkSkates, your hair turned out beautifully!

Last edited:
Curlformers straightened and curled my natural hair simultaneously!!! My hair was nearly soaking wet and it came out 90% straight.:yep: Although my hair did not turn out 100% the way I would have liked; but I know what I did wrong and next time my results will be much better. And my curls were soft, springy and full of body. It's official, I'm in love with Curlformers. I'm so excited that I created a new fotki album which will be devoted to my curlformers roller sets. If you want to see pics go to my fotki, it's the same pw as my other albums. Thank you Ladykpnyc for the wonderful you tube video. That helped me a lot!

Thanks for the add. Stunning results :yep:

Beautiful results!! :yep: Did your curls last the next day too?

You're hair looks great...you have acquired a new fotki stalker :lachen:

Thank u ladies! I hope my sets get better and better! Again LadyK thank u so much for making that video, If you hadn't I would have pulled out chunks of hair...Ouch!:nono: ETA: Lovelymiss, I was too tired to do anything with my that night...so I just pinned it up. And today I wore my hair in a high ponytail but it still has some curls.

Last edited:
Pinkskates, your hair is gorgeous!

OK, I'm bootleg...I bought one package to try out. I took two of my twists down and wet the sections, then applied some Garnier curling mousse (that's the only thing I have on hand at the moment).

The curlformers were actually pretty easy to use. I put them in and sat under the dryer for 15 minutes.

The curls weren't completely dry when I took the curlformers out, so the results aren't perfect. I bet if I use a real setting lotion and let them dry all the way next time, I'll get much better results.

My roots got straight:

S7302997.jpg

Seperated curls:

S7303001.jpg

Thank you Lauren450! That is excellent for your first bootleg attempt. I'm telling you natural ladies...it gets the roots straight. I may have to retire my HOT COMB! Lauren I hope you do your whole head.:yep:

I used them on my hair and it came out GREAT! I am sold. Tenjoy helped me. We figured that whenever we were having problems it was because we were twisting our wrists instead of pulling straight thru. That may help some people.

Yep! I think twisting is bad. I didn't twist my daughter's hair at all and it was boned straight at the roots. You greatly increase the hook tangling in the hair by twisting!

I want to try this but know I don't have the patience to do my whole head. :nono:

How long it it taking people? Does it take less time than twisting?

Hey Pinkskates, I just saw your fotki and your hair looks incredible. It totally looks like you straightened (hot comb) and then curled it. Your results are excellent. I know I'm going to have to try these Curlformers soon.

Thank u ladies! I hope my sets get better and better! Again LadyK thank u so much for making that video, If you hadn't I would have pulled out chunks of hair...Ouch!:nono: ETA: Lovelymiss, I was too tired to do anything with my that night...so I just pinned it up. And today I wore my hair in a high ponytail but it still has some curls.

WOW your hair came out great! this made me feel confident that they will work on texlaxed hair. Beautiful results!!! :o

Back