Naturals Who Work-Out...

Naturals, how are you wearing your hair to workout?

• In a ponytail

Votes: 51 37.8%
  • In a bun

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • Wrapped under a scarf

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Pulled back with a silk wrap

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • Pulled back with a mesh wrap

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
I work out 5 days per week. I bun and wet bun after cowashing almost daily. When I got a wet set, I used Sabino to resist reversion and used a banana clip to pull the hair tight before bunning with a satin scrunchy before I worked out. I would not release my hair until it was mostly dry, then I would wear it in another bun after all my curls fell.

Twists pinned up into one or two small buns. I wear a small cotton scarf to soak up sweat on my head. I cowash once or twice (mostly twice) a week.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Another transitioner here.

I wear my hair in a bun everyday so I don't do anything special when I go to the gym. When I get home, I take my hair down and let it dry out and then twist it back up when time to go to bed.

I don't co-wash or shampoo everyday though. That's too much manipulation for me. I typically co-wash or cleanse 2-3 a week (to cleanse product build up) and DC 1x a week.

Since being a Raw Foodist for almost 3 years, my sweat isn't foul or funky, so I'm not rushing to rinse or wash my hair after working out which I do practically everyday.

Mini braids. They can be styled in a bun or ponytail and my scalp can sweat and breathe. I can water rinse or cowash afterwards and then wear them down.

Since I am a straight natural these days I usually throw a few rollers in and tie it up with a scarf. If my hair has been done professionally it does not revert at all - if I have flat ironed it myself then the roots are puffy but I like big hair so it's not a problem.

My goal is to be able to pull it into a high bun but that means I have to stop cutting my hair...

Back