NATURALS SURVEY

What products add the most curl definition to your hair?
Mostly any type of pudding or cream give me the most definition usually and it gives me a soft finish so my hair isn't crunchy or untouchable
What is your main style when you wear it out? A fro, curly head, pressed?
For right now, since my hair has grown maybe half an inch to an inch since i bc'ed 3 weeks ago, i've been doing ponytails or leaving my hair just out with some product on it
What protective styles do you use?
Either a head scarf or just having my hair up/in a claw clip..
What products have you found that soften your hair the most?
surge spray, dr. miracles products haven't done too too badly, and i do like my oyin products...i also find myself using burts bees shampoos and pre-shampoo treatment...
Do you use any supplements to soften your hair?
Nahh...i buy them but i forget to take them actually...
What is your hair type?
3C
How long is your hair?
Now resting on my shoulders which was a vast improvement from 3 weeks ago! it was just hanging in the air the past few weeks because i couldnt get it into a ponytail...
Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair?
Besides the ones i've already said, thats all....i'm trying to give up the complicated things and keep my routine as streamlined as possible...i don't even have the time now to do it any other way..
How long have you been natural?
hehehehe 3 WEEKS!
Any pics?
i'm working on them,...then again, i said that before too...:perplexed
How hard is your hair to comb?

fairly easy actuallly..... but... when it gets REALLY knotty i'm yanking at my head pretty hard...conditioner and a wide tooth comb usually helps!
How often do you wash it?
with shampoo? every other day at least, with water? everyday...
How long does it take to style?
between 5 and 10 minutes if i'm really taking my time and just messing around!
Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb?
OHHHH NOOO... i'm not going down that road again... it is what it is, i'm just too through to pick up one more damn straightening tool at this point i just say forget it!
Does anyone regret going natural?
Not really...at first, for the first week i was regretting it... i didn't feel beautiful or sexy anymore... i had finally hit waist stretched (transitioning) but honestly, at the time i figured, it was the only thing i could do if i honestly knew i wouldn't go back to relaxing again ever so i felt in a way i had no choice and that the sooner i took the scissors to my transitioned and damaged hair, the sooner id have waistlength natural hair! ;) Actually i'd sooner say i regret transitioning so long but i just couldn't do it any other way because i couldn't part with my hair but now i dont have any headaches, pain, brittle ends or anything so it was mos def worth it!
Ok now this may be a really silly question but...
does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it.

OH MY GOSH! silkier than you could ever imagine! ITS NEVER FELT THIS GOOD BEFORE (wellll besides that time when i was 8 where i was baldheaded..lol that felt good too!) but i really did notice an EXTREME DIFFERENCE when i've added a mass amount of cream, serum, and oil to my hair..it just feels better when i wash it and feels better protected too!

Doesn't apply. I never chased after curl definition so I wouldn't know.
smile.gif

Afro!

None.

Everything from Qhemet!!! :love: The Amla heavy cream and Sidr Butter make my hair softer than anything I've ever used.

No.

What is your hair type?
ohwell.gif

How long is your hair?
Short short short

Just Qhemet

About 3-4 years.

Any pics?
no

Not hard now but it was a chore when it was long.

How often do you wash it?
About twice a month

No time at all. I wear a fro.

Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb?
No!

No!
grin.gif

It feels softer when its wet.

What products add the most curl definition to your hair? I haven't found it yet, but I just ordered Curl Junkie Milkshake...suposed to be amazing...I will keep you updated.
What is your main style when you wear it out? A fro, curly head, pressed? I have a twa that's moving away slowly so I'm a little worried about new techniqes to maintain it; I have left heat completely alone.
What protective styles do you use? Braids/twist extensions...I'm in upstate NY and the winters are ridiculous.
What products have you found that soften your hair the most? Conditioners...don't become a PJ...become a CJ!
Do you use any supplements to soften your hair? No...but MSM, Silica, and Horsetail are constantly raved about...see DEN1 and Ekomba.
What is your hair type? 4a/4b...also, 3c when wet (see photos)
How long is your hair? longish TWA...bc'd a month ago
Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair? Ummm...if you really want to be natural, unless your in the 3's, you might need to get over this...4a/4b natural doesn't feel the same as 4/a/4b relaxed.
How long have you been natural? 1 month officially
Any pics? See siggy
How hard is your hair to comb? I comb my hair in the shower under the water with a Jilbre shower comb and it's really easy...otherwise I finger comb on damp hair.
How often do you wash it? Once a week with shampoo...and I've been cowashing everyday.
How long does it take to style? 3min...I'm not gonna have this forever so I am enjoying it.
Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb? NO...best thing I ever did for my hair was to leave the heat alone...although, I will sit under a dryer with a dpconditioner in...but even then I have a plastic bag over my head.
Does anyone regret going natural? Nope
Ok now this may be a really silly question but...does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it. :lachen: ...acutally yes:ohwell: ...see my photos, but whenever my hair is wet, you would swear to God that I'm workin with some 3c which is sooo not the case.

NOTE: Not to be preachy BUT...There is a whole lot more that goes along being natural than you may expect...I tried it once but wasn't ready...for a lot of people it can be just a hair style...and I'm not suggesting for you that it can't be...however, ppl (others not in these forums) will have a lot to say, so it's important to make sure that you're going to be happy with you hair...not just tolerating it.

BBD Glass which I hardly ever use-I more comfortable w/ protective styles

Twist out fro or puff

Mainly twists in knot/bun & sometimes loose hair in bun

Elucence conditioner, Shea butter (Oyin & reg), Qhemet Heavy creme..etc. I only use products that soften my hair. See the list in sig below.

Nope

What is your hair type?
4a/4b

How long is your hair?
Layered. Shortest is chin length, Longest is a little below clavicle.

I haven't had a silky feeling in a long time. It's more of a soft cottony type feel. Acheived w/products listed in sig.

8 years (first 2 years in loose hair, next 3.5 yrs in locs, past 2.5 yrs in loose hair)

Any pics?
nope

It's easy when I comb in section w/lots of water, wide tooth comb and conditioner

How often do you wash it? Once a week. Sometimes every other week.

1-1/2 to 2 hrs to braid up for the week.

Yes. I blow dry then flat iron. Always w/heat protectants.

Nope

No. maybe sometimes when i condition it but for the most part no silky type feeling

What products add the most curl definition to your hair? NoodleHead when I use it
What is your main style when you wear it out? A fro, curly head, pressed?Wash n Go
What protective styles do you use? None - just my Wash n Go
What products have you found that soften your hair the most? Nothing particular
Do you use any supplements to soften your hair? No
What is your hair type? Not Sure
How long is your hair? Various - 8" to 12"
Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair? No
How long have you been natural? ForEvah!!!!! (I've had a relaxer about 4 times in my life)
Any pics? yes - fotki
How hard is your hair to comb? Very if it is dry - Not at all with water and big comb
How often do you wash it? I dont use shampoo at all - but i CW once a week
How long does it take to style? 2-3 mins
Do you ever straighten it? Twice per year
If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb? Maxi-glide or press
Does anyone regret going natural? Nevah
does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it. Kinda

Last edited:
what products add the most curl definition to your hair? a texturizer j/k lol. gel gives me the most definition
What is your main style when you wear it out? A fro, curly head, pressed? afro
What protective styles do you use? shrunken fro
What products have you found that soften your hair the most?glycerine, water, deep conditioning, and using a moisturizing shampoo
Do you use any supplements to soften your hair?no
What is your hair type?4a/b
How long is your hair?6 inches
Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair?:confused: i didnt know nappy hair could feel silky
How long have you been natural? 1 year:D
Any pics?maybe one day
How hard is your hair to comb?not hard at all
How often do you wash it?whenever i feel like it. lately it's been every 2 days.
How long does it take to style?5 min
Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb? no
Does anyone regret going natural?no
does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it. I have no idea why but this is kinda important to me? i guess...

Back