NATURALS SURVEY

NOTE: I'm wearing a teeeeenie weeeenie afro:

What products add the most curl definition to your hair?
none. not long enough. I get waves by adding coconut or Kemi Oyl to wet hair and tying it down.

What is your main style when you wear your hair out?
twa

What protective styles do you use?
caps w/ satin or silk lining or a scarf

What products do have you found that soften your hair the most?
deep conditioning once a week does it for me...

Do you use any supplements to soften hair?
No. I'm not taking supplements right now, but I should!

What is your hair type?
I'm still not quite sure.. it's some 3b/c (front/sides) and 4a. When I grow it out, I'll know for sure..

How long is your hair?
1/4" long top, 0" sides and back (faded)

Do you use any products to create a "silky" feeling to your hair?
Sometimes I spritz w/ WOC or glycerin and water when it feels dry

How long have you been natural?
I cut my hair on Oct. 22, so that's 51 days ago
smile.gif

Any Pics?
Not right now, but I'm working on it..

How hard is your hair to comb?
Comb? what comb?
laugh.gif

How often do you wash it?
Once a week, w/ Creme of Nature. It takes about 20 mins, including 10 mins under the hood for conditioning. I love to condition to keep the hair shiny. Shine is a big thing for me!

How long does it take you to style?
0 minutes and 0 seconds.

Do you ever straighten it?
It's "straight" enough

Does anyone regret going natural?
ABSOLUTELY NOT! But I do regret relaxing after growing my natural to shoulder lenghth. So, this time, I'm staying chemical-free.

Does your hair feel silky when you wash it?
It feels moistly soft, no silky. My hair's not naturally straight.

*lookin' at all a dez questions*
scratchchin.gif
You sure are serious alright. Very smart questions to ask.

My shampoo does-- <font color="red">Revlon's Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo </font>. I was recently experimenting with this too. I wore my 4B hair out without combing it after washing and I noticed the formation of tiny ringlets of curls over my head. Far away you see nappy, upclose you see baby curls
smile.gif

What is your main style when you wear it out? A fro, curly head, pressed?
I love wearing my hair <font color="red">back in a pony puff or a fro with a headband</font>, OR styling my hair in <font color="red">individual twists or flat twistouts</font> .

I actually don't think that I do any protective styles, but if I did it would have to be individual braids.

What products have you found that soften your hair the most?
Moisturizing products that I apply after I wash. Moisturizers do more for my hair than leave-ins or oils. I currently use <font color="red">Carol's Daughters Healthy Hair Butter</font> and/or <font color="red">Hair Milk</font>.

Do you use any supplements to soften your hair?
If you mean Vitamins, no. I'll take a Flinstones every now and then. I generally try to eat healthy meals instead. If you mean products, moisturizing products help soften my hair a lot.

What is your hair type?
<font color="red">Type 4b, cottony, dense. </font>

How long is your hair?
My hair is <font color="red"> 9" long, but 5" in the very middle</font>--I have a soft spot that just doesn't seem to want to keep up with the rest
smile.gif

Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair?
My hair doesn't get "silky" when its dry, only when wet. Even if I apply gel to it, the shine will be great but if you touch it it's hard. <font color="red">My goal is to keep my hair soft and healthy</font>, and I do this with moisturizing products and proper hair maintenance.

Almost <font color="red">4 and a half years</font>!
clap.gif

Any pics?
Not that many right now, but I'm developing my film next week: <font color="red">My Cottony Hair Journey[http://cottonnappy.tripod.com]</font>.
sm_twistout_01-b.jpg

Here's a pic of a small twistout when I was a good 2 years being nappy.

It is only hard if I don't have the right tools, the right technique, or the right products in my hair--also if my hair wasn't washed with the right products. Any hair is hard to comb without following the above. If I keep to my regemin, <font color="red">my hair isn't hard to comb at all</font>, even for my degree of nappiness.

Generally <font color="red">twice</font> a week. If I'm wearing a style, or I'm simply busy, then once a week.

How long does it take to style?
<font color="red">It depends </font>on what style your doing and how much practice you've had with it. For example, my first time styling in flat twists took me 3.5 hrs. After doing it 3 times, it now takes me 2 hrs.

Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb?
<font color="red">Nope.</font> I want to be the staple for sistas with the kinkiest hair who get asked questions like "you do something to it, right?" And then never have to say yes, not even to a blow dryer. It's possible.

If anyone did, they probably wouldn't be answering this survey. I don't. Although what you may be wondering is if there is any hardships we go through? For me, I think the worst of my hair when I am not doing anything to it (a state you don't want to be in). <font color="red">You have to have a plan for your hair</font>, espeically if you want it to be healthy and/or grow long. You have to have in mind when you think you'll wash it, or when you think you'll have time to style it, with what products, etc. <font color="red">Develop a hair regemin that you will stick to for regular groming</font>. It's not all about what products to buy--you have to know how and when to use them, how much of it, and for what.

Ok now this may be a really silly question but...
does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it.

<font color="red">Yes, if I use the right product</font>. For example, my hair won't feel silky when washing it with a shampoo with alcohol in it, as opposed to using my Revlon's Creme of Nature (I love this stuff!).

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGyal said:

<font color="blue"> It is in its natural curly state, I hardly use heat and I can't blow or press my hair properly. </font>

<font color="blue"> Flat twists and I use a scraf to cover my hair at night </font>

<font color="blue"> I used Aloe vera gel, mixed with castor oil, alma oil </font>

<font color="blue"> no, but I do take supplement to strengthen my hair <font color="blue">

What is your hair type?
<font color="blue"> 4b <font color="blue">

How long is your hair?
<font color="blue"> Not such of the length, however the back hair just touches my collar bone, the side are passed the bottom of my jaw, when stretched </font>

<font color="blue"> Yes, mainly the aloe vera gel or a use a spray, made from boiled or softened water, aloe vera gel, rosewater, glycerine. </font>

<font color="blue"> Since February 2001 <font color="blue"> </font> </font>

Any pics?
<font color="blue"> Yes, I do have pictures and I have updated my album today, showing when I started taking pictures from July 2002 to present </font>

<font color="blue"> I spray my hair with a mixture of aloe vera gel, glycerine, rosewater and oil, so that it is soft, I used two combs, one a double teeth curved comb, to part and comb my hair and another width teeth straight comb, to comb through any conditioner </font>

<font color="blue"> About two-three weeks, but I rinse my hair every day, with a mixture of Rosemary, glycerine, aloe vera gel and rosewater. </font>

<font color="blue"> About 30-40 minutes, but my styles lasts me about 4-7 days <font color="blue"> </font> </font>

Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb?
<font color="blue">Yes, only once in a while, but I find blow drying and flat ironing or hot comb very difficult to do. </font>

<font color="blue"> Not any more, I am at peace with myself and hair </font>

does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it. I have no idea why but this is kinda important to me
Silky???
<font color="blue"> It feels very soft and very spongy, it is very easy to comb with it is wet and I style in the flat twists, bantu knots with it is wet, and I am very pleased that it has grown so much </font>

I'm still searching for just the right product. Haven't found it yet.
-----------

I love wearing my braidouts. That's my absolute favorite style.
-------
I don't really have a "protective style" other than my braidout. That style has really helped my hair to grow because when I wear my hair like that, I don't fuss with it or comb it once its set.
----------

I would be lost without my conditioner. I've been using Finesse conditioner for dry/coarse hair forever, and it really does seem to make my hair soft.
------

No.
------
What is your hair type?

Type 4a/b, I think. Very wool-like. If you can picture Frederick Douglas' hair, mine is just like that.
--------

How long is your hair?

My hair is 27 inches long. This is the longest it has EVER been!!
--------

I would never really describe my hair as silky. It's very soft, though. I think it feels nice
smile.gif

---------

All my life. I'm scared of chemicals. Natural hair has its ups and downs, but I love being able to do it myself!!
-----------
Any pics?

I've got some coming. I've just got to finish this roll of film.
---------

Not hard at all if it is thoroughly wet and conditioned and I have my wide-tooth comb. If I let it go dry on me, now that's another
---------

Every 5-7 days.
--------

If I wear my braidout, that takes me about an hour and a half, including washing it. But my day-to-day maintenance after that first day is a breeze. Not even five minutes.
---------

Once every five weeks or so I might press my hair. But after about five days, I'm ready to get my wavy look going again. My hair just seems happier when it is not pressed. But every so often I get curious to see how long it is.
---------

I LOVE MY NATURAL UNTREATED HAIR. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I didn't always feel this way, but now I truly do love my hair just as it is, 4a/b coarseness and all!!
-------

I wouldn't say silky, but it has a deep softness that is really cool. You just wanna touch it!!
---------

castor oil mixed with conditioner. I've found that salon selectives and helen curtis stuff is good, but the castor oil has softness that lasts for days!!!!
<font color="blue"> </font>

i wear it in twists, two low puffs or one low puff-------
----------twists, i find that over here, no one really gives a flying feck about my hair, so i can get away with 'casual' styles. Twists is it!
smile.gif

Conditioners - particularly creamy, heavy ones. I also like castor oil and avocado oil.------

no, i take MSM (and am looking to take flaxseed oil) for my eczema. If it softens hair, well, that's a plus.
------
What is your hair type?

Type 4a. Very thick, very dense, but defined watch springs.
--------

How long is your hair?

Haven't measured in a year! Touches the top of my bra cup--------

No, the best i can get is soft... my hair is highly textured

hmmm... march will be three years

Any pics?

Had some online but the folder expired.Soz!

Not hard at all if it is thoroughly wet and conditioned and I have my wide-tooth comb. If I let it go dry on me, now that's another story - ditto.
---------

Every 5-7 days in the winter. In the summer every 2-3 days.
--------

At night i put it in big plaits. Ten minutes tops. In the day i loosen the plaits and put it in puffs.
---------

Nope. Haven't pressed or hotcombed since i came over to the nappy side. I do have my moments of temptation though...
---------

Nope!! I can wash it when i want to, swim when i want to. Sometimes i do wonder what i will do with it as it gets longer, but i'd more consider locing than going back to the perm
-------

yeah, silky with really heavy, creamy products (i like the st. ives vanilla protien lotion, with all its mineral oil badness and all)

HTH

yours

ana

oh btw, if you really want a good subsitute for sls free shampoos, you can try jason's tea tree body wash. It has tea tree, aloe vera, jasmine, orange and geranium extracts in there. It smells absolutely lovely!

yours

ana

Gel definitely!!! I also spray my hair with John Frieda Ripple Effect. I love that product.

When I wear my hair down it's either wavy/curly or straight.

Buns, one or two braids.

What is your hair type?
3b/c

How long is your hair?
Mid back.(about four inches from my goal I would say)

Yes, there is this product here in Germany called Hair like Silk and the company that makes it is called Gliss. I like it. It's like a detangler/leave in.

Well, I wouldn't call myself natural yet. I've been transitioning since Dec 02.

Any pics?
Maybe soon.

It's not hard to comb.

About twice a week in the wintertime.

It depends on what I want to wear.

I use a big round brush when I blow dry my hair.

Just recently I was thinking about getting a relaxer again but I decided against it.

does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it. I have no idea why but this is kinda important to me
Yes it do.

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
<font color="red">1. </font> What products add the most curl definition to your hair?
Not a product but a method. Braiding my hair while it's wet creates really good definition for when I wear it in a curly puff.

<font color="red">2. </font> What is your main style when you wear it out?
High curly puff or a low "cotton tail" puff. When pressed, I wear braidouts. I alternate between natural and pressed but for the past month, I've been natural.

<font color="red">13.</font> How long does it take to style?
Curly puff requires conditioner wash, braid while wet, wait a while, then unbraid. I've been doing this every morning for a week before going work and it takes me almost an hour. Waiting for the braids to "set" my style is what takes the most time. I just iron my clothes, eat breakfast, etc while I'm waiting. Sometimes I'm running behind and have to undo the braids while driving.
look.gif

The curly definition lasts all day!
weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to update my answers because I wear my natural hair out nowadays.

1. For definition, I add Salon Selectives Under Firm Control gel to soaking wet hair that has leave-in conditioner applied to it. Sometimes I will add Salon Selectives Molding Putty to the ends for a crisper definition.

2. I wear my natural hair parted on the side. It shrinks up to a bob that mostly sits on my shoulders. Some chunks are below my shoulders.

13. It takes about 30-45 minutes to style my hair this way. I conditioner wash, detangle, apply a leave-in conditioner, part my wet hair, apply gel/putty. I let my hair air dry throughout the day.

Sensitive by Nature Scalp Balm

Pressed when I wear it out.

A bun.

Kenra Moisturing Shampoo, Nexxus Therappe, Nexxus Humectress, Wella Intensive Kolestrol, Jherri Rhedding Res Q Conditioner, Protectiv Growth Masque, Biosilk Leave-In is great

Do you use any supplements to soften your hair? no

What is your hair type?
Crown 3c, remainder 4a

How long is your hair?
Touching brastrap in back, 10-12 inches in other areas

Biosilk Leave-in

1 year

Any pics? no

Not hard at all with the right products

Daily in summer, winter about 3 times weekly

5-10 minutes

Yes, hot combing.

no

My hair feels extremely silky when washing and conditioning.

<font color="blue"> i don't really stress about curl definition, but the natural texture of my hair tends to coil/curl up on its own whether i put nothing in it or a leave in, or hair dressing . . . my hair is gonna do what it wants to do regardless, LMAO. </font>

<font color="blue">in the two years that i've been natural now, i've never worn my hair pressed. i wear it out in all it's natural glory. some may consider it a curly 'fro, afro, whatever. sometimes, i'll wear a big puff, other times, i'll break it down and wear a puff up top and make two braids in the back. just something creative and cute. </font>

<font color="blue"> CONDITIONER WASHES: mane 'n tail deep moisturizing conditioner
WEEKLY SHAMPOO/CONDITION : aveda sap moss shampoo + paul mitchell the detangler
DAILY STYLING : it depends. i learned on my trip back to school that all i really need is some water and a dab of something (whether it's a leave-in conditioner, hair dressing, etc.) to lock in that moisture. my hair isn't too picky. i'm loving carol's daughter some of marguerite's magic for just a dab that goes so far in styling. </font>

<font color="blue"> plain old olive oil. good enough for Jesus and The Disciples heads, so it's good enough for me.
littleangel2.gif
</font>

<font color="blue">i just started taking gnc's hair, skin &amp; nails formula a few days before christmas . . . before that, i took nothing. i'm not really taking it to soften the hair, but because overall, my diet sucks and i gotta do SUMTHIN until i can afford better food . . . or else i won't make it to graduation.
rofl.gif
</font>

What is your hair type?
<font color="blue"> fine/medium texture . . . corkscew coils . . . some frizzy parts. very soft to the touch (which people do a lot without asking
angry2.gif
).
smile.gif
uniformly, luck of the draw, deeplyrooted type hair.
king.gif
</font>

How long is your hair?
<font color="blue">i measured it before i left home and it was 8.5 - 9 inches. it's starting to lay on my shoulders, even when it's wet or dry, etc. </font>

<font color="blue"> no, not really. unless you count olive oil. </font>

<font color="blue">2 years this past january 7.
band2.gif
</font>

Any pics?
<font color="blue"> nope, not at this time, but i hope to have some up soon. </font>

<font color="blue">it's not difficult at all to comb my hair because i usually don't comb it at all unless i'm in the shower with plenty of conditioner in it (everday), using my fingers to detangle in a gentle manner. i only comb it about once a month. it takes me all of 1 - 2 to comb my entire head. </font>

<font color="blue"> conditioner wash, daily. shampoo + condition/deep conditioner, weekly. </font>

<font color="blue"> no more than 5 - 10 minutes. i don't have time to play in the mornings since i'm a college student. it's either in a puff or a few braids or whatever's clever that particular morning.
wink.gif
for the most part, i tend to get lazy and conditioner, put in some leave-in, and throw on an ouchless headband and strut out the door. </font>

<font color="blue">nope, never. </font>

<font color="blue">the only thing i regret about going back to my roots is that i didn't do it sooner, but alas, everything has its timing and reasoning.
crystalball.gif
&lt;--- y'all should make him look less menacing, LOL. </font>

<font color="blue">yeppers, feels like the finest silk when i wash/condition it. just like the shiny side of my homemade satin pillow case.
grin.gif
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
Thanks Delightfulflame for your response about conditioner washes. I am trying to find a shampoo myself that doesn't contain sodium lauryl sulfate.

[/ QUOTE ]

check out aveda http://www.aveda.com/ girlfriend.
user.gif
$11 for my aveda sap moss shampoo, but it lasts me over 6 months. no SLS, lathers well, moisturizes the hair, and leaves my tresses feeling lovely. i guarantee it.
grin.gif

1. What products add the most curl definition to your hair?
Don't use products for curl definition because I have too many different textures... but washing and conditioning and following with aloe gel usually shows the different textures

2. What is your main style when you wear it out?
a braid out is my main style

3.What protective styles do you use?
flat twists and braids and a snood and bantu knots

4. What products have you found that soften your hair the most?
Suave tropical coconut conditioner, just about anything from aveda, pure mango butter, and natural oils

5.Do you use any supplements to soften your hair?
I use supplements but not to soften

6. What is your hair type?
to many types to classify one

7. How long is your hair?
When straight past the shoulders

8.Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair?
nope i try not to give my hair any "feeling" that doesnt come naturally

9. How long have you been natural?
this is my second time being natural the first time was birth to age 18 and then I became natural again at 21 and I'll be 23 this year

10. Any pics?
http://public.fotki.com/CocoaButterflyy

11. How hard is your hair to comb?
not very difficult if its been washed and conditioned well

12. How often do you wash it?
usually every 5-7 days
13. How long does it take to style?
hour and a half

14. Do you ever straighten it?
occasionally I'll get a press

15. Does anyone regret going natural?
nope I regret getting a relaxer for the 2 years I had it

16. does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it. I have no idea why but this is kinda important to me

silky i can't say yes to, slippery and soft it is

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
*If I want to wear my hair out and curly, I'll put some Paul Mitchell mousse and air-dry.

*curly head or wavy (braid-out)

*twist up hair and bend in ends and put a huge clip on it

*the right shampoo and conditioner, leave-in conditioners and deep conditioners. It takes a while to find the right one!

*no

What is your hair type?
*3b/3c

How long is your hair?
*around bra strap. It gets easier to handle the longer it gets.

*no, the right conditioner and leave-in conditioner is enough. Weekly deep conditioning is important to me, also.

*most of my life, I only relaxed my hair twice in my life.

Any pics?
*not right now

*it can be everything from very difficult to very easy. Difficult when I've air dried curly and want to detangle. That's a no-no. I always comb my hair in the shower, with conditioner in it and afterwards with leave-in conditioner. After that I don't comb until next wash.

*once or twice a week

*5 minutes, maximum! I just put it in a big clip. That's all.

Do you ever straighten it?
*never. It's wavy/hanging down just from the braid-out.

*no, I'll never relax my hair again.

*yes! In fact, that's important to me too. I find that the right products will make your hair feel silky and super soft when wet.

I have no idea why but this is kinda important to me
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
Thanks Delightfulflame for your response about conditioner washes. I am trying to find a shampoo myself that doesn't contain sodium lauryl sulfate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the AO, I also recently found Dr. Bronners Castille Soap. I really like it just as well, and it's much cheaper. I found it for less than $3 at my local health food store.

Well, my hair has coil definition, so I guess no products are really adding any.

I wear it out with a headband mostly, but I cover it more now since it's pretty cold outside.

I'm not doing any styles, just keeping it covered.

My hair is soft on its own, but probably shea butter.

No.

What is your hair type?
4A with a little 3C in the back and in the front.

How long is your hair?
1+ inch to 3 inches

No.

5 months tomorrow.

Any pics?
No, I have no scanner.

Not hard at all. I comb my hair about every 2 weeks, with conditioner and while wet.

I conditioner wash every 3 days and shampoo + leave-in conditioner once a month.

Ten to 20 minutes

No, and have no plans to.

NEVER. It was the best thing I could have done for my hair.

Hmmm. I never really thought about that. I suppose it does.

[ QUOTE ]
plain old olive oil. good enough for Jesus and The Disciples heads, so it's good enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
Very true!

[ QUOTE ]
How long is your hair?

My hair is 27 inches long. This is the longest it has EVER been!!
--------

[/ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif

Girl, I hope we see some pics from you soon!

SweetyB, I've got some pics coming! Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera. So I'm doing it the ol' fashion way. I just have to finish this roll of film. (I'm too cheap to develop the film right now 'cause I've got six pictures left
grin.gif
)

My husband is tired of taking pictures of me. "Okay, honey, now could you take one of the back of my head."

I have not quite mastered this yet. I am still learning about what my hair "likes" It reacts differently when its coiled as opposed to pressed out.

I wear it pressed.

I will roll it up to make sure that my ends are tucked under

when its coiled, nothing really softens it but when it is pressed pro-vitamin capsules keep it soft and moisturized without using oil.

Not intentionally but MSM has softened my newgrowth.

What is your hair type?

4A all the way!

How long is your hair?

about 6 inches plus all the way around. touching my shoulders.

Nothing but those capsules.

Fully since June 2003 but started transitioning in October 2002.

Any pics?

they are in my signature.

extremely when i don't know what i am doing

Not as often as I should
spank.gif

Five minutes.

Hot comb

I should have stayed natural sooner than I did. My hair appreciates it.

laugh.gif

No it doesn't

1. What products add the most curl definition to your hair?
Twisting my hair right after I wash it. Or if it's dry, using my rosemary oil, jojoba/water mix to moisturize, followed by aloe vera gel to do 2 strand twists. Catwalk curl definition works well also.

2. What is your main style when you wear it out?
Twist outs, free form afro.

3. What protective styles do you use?
2 strand twists (out or up in a bun).

4. What products have you found that soften your hair the most?
Pure shea butter. Aubrey Organic's GPB conditioner.

5. Do you use any supplements to soften your hair?
I take supplements for hair growth.

6. What is your hair type?
3c/4a

7. How long is your hair?
Generally about 7-8 inches all around. Shrinkage makes it appear to be about 4-5 inches.

8. Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair?
Not really, but different conditioners give my hair a different feel.

9. How long have you been natural?
5 years this month!!! since Jan 1999.

10. Any pics?
I do, I'll have to ad link to my signature

11. How hard is your hair to comb?
Not hard at all. Very easy when wet and conditioned. no problem when dry either, but I try to stay away from combing it when it is dry. I also pre-moisten with my spritz, or I finger comb it.

12. How often do you wash it?
About once a week. Sometimes I poo, sometimes I do conditioner only.

13. How long does it take to style?
2 strand twists about 1 1/2 hours. Depending on how small I make them.

14. Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb?
Once in a whiole I press it out to see the length or give myself a trim. It's been ages though. Maybe I will soon, since the weather is cold and the press will last longer.

15. Does anyone regret going natural?
Heck no!! I love my hair!! I have influenced many other women to go natural as well. They are amazed at the creative styles I come up with and the fact that I don't have to worry about what to do with it when it rains, or when I workout at the gym.

16. Ok now this may be a really silly question but...
My hair is very soft, it never feels rough or hard. The ends may dry at times, but that's when I pay extra attention to moisturizing the ends or give myself a trim.

NEVER TRIED TO ATTAIN DEFINITION, THOUGH A TWIS-OUT STYLE MAY HELP.

I WEAR MY HAIR IN TWISTS MOST OFTEN

TWISTS, CORNROWS ON OCCASION

SHEA BUTTER

NO

What is your hair type?
4 (NOT SURE IF A OR B OR BOTH)

How long is your hair?
A COUPLE OF INCHES PAST SHOULDERS WHEN STRETCHED, CHIN LENGTH WITH SHRINKAGE.

NO

WILL BE 6 YEARS IN MARCH

Any pics?
SEE MY SIGNATURE

NOT HARD, I ONLY DETANGLE IN SECTIONS WHEN WET WITH LOTS OF CONDITIONER ON IT.

EVERY 4-7 DAYS

1-2 HOURS TO TWIST, 5-10 MINS FOR A PUFF.

I LAST HOT COMBED IN 2001. I USED TO BLOW DRY, BUT NOT TO GET MY HAIR STRAIGHT.

NO WAY!

IT FEELS SOFT AND WOOLY, ESP IF I USE OLIVE OIL AS A HOT OIL TREATMENT. IF I USE A HARSH SHAMPOO IT FEELS HARD THOUGH.

Sorry for the capital letters, I wanted to make sure my answers were distinct to your questions. Take care!

ORS olive oil(in the bottle, not the jar), l'oreal anti-frizz gel, care free curl activator in the gold bottle

curly fro w/ a headband

none

ORS olive oil

no

What is your hair type?
3c with a little 4a in the back

How long is your hair?
3 inches

no...my hair is spongy so I just look for softness

since Aug 2003

Any pics?
not yet

I rarely comb it, but when I do it's wet and covered in conditioner

I 'condition wash' daily with Paul Mitchell The Detangler, Suave Aloe Vera or Pantene Relaxed and Natural

5 minutes

I've roller set it once. It came out straight, but it looked like a mullett so I'm going to wait until it's longer so that I can get it cut into some sort of style. Then I will periodically wear it straight.

Never!

Yes. It all depends on the type of products that you use.

*citre shine gels. my curls are teeny tiny fuzzy coils.

*afro or afropuffs in elastic bands.

*bantu knot style, crown style headwraps

*castor oil, taliah waajid bodifier mist, nasabb.com shea butter

*no my supplements don't soften my hair. i take: country life maxi hair and fish oil.

What is your hair type?
*super thick with teeny tiny velvety coils.

How long is your hair?
*7 inches or so.

*no, refer to above softening products.

*3 years

Any pics?
*yes at http://www.afronappy.com/album3.html

*surprisingly easy to comb when damp. sta-sof-fro is a good detangler spray.

*when i take it out of my protective styles every 2-4 weeks. used to wash daily but my hair breaks from daily combing.

*about 1 hour for the bantu knot style. a few minutes for the headwrap.

*no. but i've thought about maybe using a flat iron on medium-low heat setting on stretched out hair. maybe in the next year i'll actually try it out. i feel that straight hair is overdone and i don't find it exciting.

*no way. it is the best hair decision i have made.

laugh.gif

*it feels plush and soft and wet. soft not silky...
smile.gif

Well I have not tried that many products, but even though it smells strong, I love Kala Kola, and Tea tree from Lustersilk

Pressed but it does not last long, I dont wear my hair out more then several days, it gets tangled, but I do also love the curly head, and afro I wear each equally

I learned how to do a bun or donut this year, but mostly braids, cornrows, french braids, twist, havent got flat twist down yet
ohwell.gif

I feel my hair is really soft now and shiny, I used different things, like hair grease or oils, then I used whats in my spary bottle, cover my hair with a cap, and it seem to come out really soft, right now its in braids, but the parts or small pieces sticking up are really soft
grin.gif

I dont take supplements for softer hair,

What is your hair type?
4 A/B

How long is your hair?
17 1/2 inches

I think sparying my hair with some that adds moister, and then add some Amla or other oils or S8 , and using a plastic cap does make my hair soft

I have been natural since summer 99
look.gif
I think

Any pics?

My private ablum
smirk.gif

It can be difficult if u make it, I think when its wet its the best time, and with a wide tooth comb, trying to come my hair dry is
crazy.gif

Am testing out different methods, I used to do the DW or CW daily or every morning, then I did 3 -4 times a week, then I went down to 2times a week, now its 1 and week or 1 every 2 weeks, but after one week I do clean my scalp with sea breeze, since I do use grease daily, am thinking about going back and just doing daily raising, since summer is coming
I try not to worry about styles too much, just leaving my hair alone, since I keep my hair covered mostly times, I dont think stlying is a big issues, just keeping my scarf down, but mostly french braids take about 5-10 mins, bun can take 15-20 mins, and cornrows depending on the sizes can take 30-1 hour, just something simple

dont like BD never used a FI , I use a hot comb,

I regret alot of things, being natural no never, I always since child love being natural, and I still do, I just hate bad hair care, and mistakes

Ok now this may be a really silly question but...does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it. I have no idea why but this is kinda important to me

I love the way my hair feels when am washing it, I dont think it is silky

1. My hair is naturally curly so i don't need to add anything to make it curly.
2. I wear a curly fro on a daily basis.
3. Protective Styles-Gel twists, Box braids, Cornrows
4. Softening products-Sweet Almond Oil, Wild Growth Hair Oil, Shea butter, Parnevue Leave-In Conditioner
5. Supplements-Centrum Advanced Liquid- 1 tbsp daily
Cod liver oil-1 softgel-2xdaily
Super B-complex with vitamin c and flic acid-1 tablet daily
Mother Nature's Best Hair Growth Herbal Formula-2/2x daily
L-lysine-1 tablet daily -1 hr prior to meal or on empty stomach
Biotin-600 mcg-2/2xdaily
Evening primrose oil-500 mg-2/2xdaily
vitamin e with selenium-400iu-e-100mcg selenium-1/2xdaily
msm-1000mg-1/2xdaily
flax seed oil-1000 mg-1/2xdaily
6. Hairtype-3c-tight coils-extremely curly, dry, thick
7. length-4-4.5 inches
8. Natural since-June 03-with trims-every 3-4 months-challenging myself to not trim until August or September-last trim-March 22nd
9. No pics-Significant other has camera right now
frown.gif

10. don't comb-brush or finger hair
11. Takes 5 minutes to style daily
12.Blowdry and straightened once-took hours-never again
13. No regrets- love my nappturality
14. Hair is silky after washing with bioting shampoo and conditioning with cholesterol.

Noodlehead, re:coil, super sexy styling sauce, curly pudding
curly
Satin pillow case
no
What is your hair type?
3b/c
How long is your hair?
About 5” long. (I cut off about 10” in May)
Biosilk therapy
10 years
Any pics?
No.
It is easy to comb. I do it in the shower when my hair is saturated with conditioner.
Everyday
I don’t really have a style. I just wash and go! That last all day
I have a steam ceramic flat iron (wet to dry).
Not at all. I love my natural hair!
Does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it?
As long as I use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

water, lol. (If you don't have naturally curly hair no product is going to give you curls. My hair is very coily so anything with water in it is going to make the coils apparent.)

I don't really wear my hair out much, but when I do it's normally a braid-out.

What protective styles do you use? braids &amp; twists...I'm getting into scarves and hats now.

I just keep it clean and deep conditioned. That keeps my hair soft to where I don't need a product to do that. I think that peole automatically think natural hair is going to be hard and brittle all the time. Mine is rarely if at all that way.

Do you use any supplements to soften your hair? lol, no.

What is your hair type? MINE (don't believe in Andre's or any other hair typing system)

How long is your hair? 7-7.5 inches, stretched

Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair? I don't get this /images/graemlins/confused.gif, but no. The products I use are for moisture mostly.

How long have you been natural? 1 year on Dec. 5 2004

Any pics? check the signature.

How hard is your hair to comb? Not hard at all...I think that's a common misconception about natural hair. If you have the right techniques, it is not hard.

How often do you wash it? with shampoo only 2-3 times a month...it gets rinsed or co washed maybe 1 time a week while in a protective style.

How long does it take to style? depends on the style.

Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb? No, I really don't plan to. (unless blowdrying for trims counts...even then I don't blow it out bone straight. in fact it is not really straight...just stretched.)

Does anyone regret going natural? NO! It's the best thing that I've ever done (related to hair)

does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it? I don't know what you mean, lol. It feels like hair /images/graemlins/confused.gif I guess if you are trying to ask does it feel like relaxed hair feels when it's wet, then no it doesn't. It's more cushiony and soft.

<font color="red">What products add the most curl definition to your hair?</font>
<font color="blue">I never worry about curl definition but an ice-cold herbal ACV rinse to remove conditioner brings out hidden coils in the frizzy areas.</font>

<font color="red">What is your main style when you wear it out? A fro, curly head, pressed?</font>
<font color="purple">My shrunken ‘fro</font>

<font color="red">What protective styles do you use?</font>
<font color="green">A high puff</font>

<font color="red">What products have you found that soften your hair the most?</font>
<font color="orange">I am ambivalent about softness but I do like no-pooing, a leave-in conditioner and Mane Attraction between washings.</font>

<font color="red">Do you use any supplements to soften your hair?</font>
<font color="magenta">I never heard of that but I take them for my hair and overall health due to family food allergies.</font>

<font color="red">What is your hair type?</font>
<font color="navy">4a/4bFii—mostly fragile coily naps with some fizz on top.</font>

<font color="red">How long is your hair?</font>
<font color="darkgray">The last time I measured, I ranged between 6” in the back center to 10” on top.</font>

<font color="red">Do you use any products to create a "silky" feelin to your hair?</font>
<font color="pink">No, I never cared since my hair hates for me to fuss with it too much.</font>

<font color="red">How long have you been natural?</font>
<font color="brown">2 years this time; mostly natural for around 7-8 years.</font>

<font color="red">Any pics?</font>
<font color="seagreen">Yes, but they are not much to look at…trust me.</font>

<font color="red">How hard is your hair to comb?</font>
<font color="royalblue">Unless a product give me no slip, it is not hard. Combing in lazy sections with damp hair full of conditioner helps greatly—the longer it sits in my hair, the better.</font>

<font color="red">How often do you wash it?</font>
<font color="turquoise">Twice weekly, if I remember.</font>

<font color="red">How long does it take to style?</font>
<font color="lime">Not long right now.</font>

<font color="red">Do you ever straighten it? If so how? Blow drying and/or flat ironing and/or hot comb?</font>
<font color="deepskyblue">Hair is afeared of heat—I have no desire to.</font>

<font color="red">Does anyone regret going natural?</font>
<font color="darkorchid">Nope, I have done it before and my hair likes it—hair is the boss.</font> /images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="red">Ok now this may be a really silly question but...does your hair feel silky when you're washing and conditioning it?</font>
<font color="tan">Yes, I guess…well, it does not feel rough. If I have a rough patch, it is usually due to a product.</font>

This was a test of the UBB code color spectrum

Back