Natural and the Shock Effect

Country gal

Naturals that wear their hair as a wash & Go, twists etc. Isn't it a great feeling when you straighten your hair and everyone is shocked by your length. :grin: I experienced this feeling this weekend. I have been wearing my hair is it's natural state which usually shrinks up. I went out Saturday aroudn some folks that are use to seeing me with my wash and gos or afro puff, they were amazed that I actually had some length. I am officially APL.

My family was like staring and comtemplating going natural. My brother was like is that a weave, I was like no.

I wanted to share for all the naturals that are on the fence about staying the course, it is so worth it in the end.

:lol: I got that look last week when I was wearing my hair straight. Congrats on reaching APL CountryGal! I'm sure your hair looked great :)

You don't have to be natural to get that effect. I get that one too. :yep:

Congrats on making APL!

Naturals that wear their hair as a wash & Go, twists etc. Isn't it a great feeling when you straighten your hair and everyone is shocked by your length. :grin: I experienced this feeling this weekend. I have been wearing my hair is it's natural state which usually shrinks up. I went out Saturday aroudn some folks that are use to seeing me with my wash and gos or afro puff, they were amazed that I actually had some length. I am officially APL.

My family was like staring and comtemplating going natural. My brother was like is that a weave, I was like no.

I wanted to share for all the naturals that are on the fence about staying the course, it is so worth it in the end.

WOW Really congratulations girl!!!!

Yep. I love it. My hair shrinks up to about neck length so folks are shocked when they see that's its close to bra-strap straight.

That's wonderful, sweetie!!! Let's see those pics!:drunk::drunk:

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm not natural, but I've been keeping my hair in buns and finally wore it down straight this past weekend. I shocked myself at how long my hair had grown. I'm at APL even without a relaxer. I couldn't believe it!

That's wonderful news!!! :clapping::dance7:

Sareca - Your hair is beautiful! So shiny and it looks so well hydrated! Are you texlaxing? I've been wanting to get around to cooking up your red palm butter recipe but I am afraid something will go wrong and I'll end up with red palm soup:ohwell:.

Yea congrats....The closes I get to seeing the true length is when I have it blow dried to make braid easier....I havent straighten it in over a year, the next planned straightening trip is not until summer next year for my final year presentation and graduation ball - cant wait!

Sareca - Your hair is beautiful! So shiny and it looks so well hydrated! Are you texlaxing? I've been wanting to get around to cooking up your red palm butter recipe but I am afraid something will go wrong and I'll end up with red palm soup:ohwell:.

Thanks! :blush3:

Yep, I'm texlax'd. Most folks are surprised to learn my hair isn't natural.
:lachen:@ soup. Even if you end up with soup it'll still work.

Let me be PC and say I wasn't trying to exclude folks. I just noticed a major comments because folks are use to seeing me with my natural hair styles. When I was relaxed, hiding hair with protective styles and wore it out, I didn't get as many comments.

Thanks Everybody. I am so excited. This is the longest my hair has been in a while. I don't have pics because I don't work with my photographer anymore. :grin: She needs to get to my new job and get on her job. My son takes bad pics.

Yep...I was so surprised when I got my hair blown out in May....I was justa whippin' it around in the stylist chair so excited. I am looking forward to that same effect in December. I cant wait. :grin:

Congrats on reaching APL!

CONGRATS Countrygal!!!:grin:

And yep, shrinkage is a mo-fo. Half the time *I* don't
even know how long my hair is...Like right now I have no
idea. :lol:

Congrats on making APL.

I'll be able to relate soon. My family and friends are used to seeing me weaved up. I am planning on wearing my natural hair down soon and can't wait to see how everyone responds.

Congrats CountryGal! I bet it feels great to be at APL :). I am going to stay the course:grin:, thanks for the encouragement.

thats exactly why I haven't straightened my hair since the start of my journey. The only time I see its length is when I blowdry before I C&G..even then I am shocked!!!! But when I straighten and wear it out at the end of my two year C&G (June 2008) I will turn heads!!!
congrats!!!

That is wonderful!!! Congratulations on making APL!!!! :woot: I am looking forward to shocking the crap outta everybody, I can't wait to make APL. :spinning:

I had lil man take pics but he is short. So he didn't take it right. I am going to get my brother to take it. If it don't look APL to ya'll, tell a sista. Don't be putting me on blast on the other hair board. :yep:

Other hair board:

Did you see those crazy ish on LHCF? CG thinks she has APL and 3c hair when it is really Chin length and 4ztexture. She is so in denial.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I straighten my hair ppl at work always comment on the length. I think some of it is seeing a person w/ one hairstyle and then seeing them in something completely different can be shocking.

Back