My hair grew the fastest when......(PICS)

When i kept my sew-in for 3 weeks and didn't touch it. After i took it down my sister's jaw literally dropped lol. I think i retained about 1 inch- sorry no pics though :sad:

When I ran 4-5x a week, ate healthy, took msm, biotin, washed 2x week, and left my hair alone. No henna, no prep for a braid out/twistout everyday-just clipped up or bunned.

I think Im gonna switch my reggie to that this year.

My hair grew the best when I done NOTHING to it. Meaning, I only washed and conditioned. Used simply products to moisturise(whatever we had at the time).

My hair grew fastest when i was consistent with my regimen. I use to MTG almost nightly, wash/DC every week and always wore my hair in a protective style. I went from chewed up barely shoulder length hair in march '06 to APL in march '07. So yea ladies i believe consistency and leaving it alone goes a long way for the hair

When I give my hair a fighting chance

In my opinion, leaving your hair in its natural state for as long as possible enables healthy hair growth.
Whether you go completely natural (no chemicals) or stretch your relaxer for 3 – 6 months, allowing your hair to stay in its natural state is the best option to SEE growth.
After that, it’s all about retention!

P.S. When I work out and stretch relaxers, my hair sprouts up like nobody’s business!

Same as you OP. When I went natural and kept my hair in weaves. I just completed year one of my journey and my hair has come a long way. Can't wait to see what year two will bring.

When I started using the Mega Tek the Jan 2010. I have noticed a change in my hair significantly! I thought maybe because I'm in braids but it's not just the braids. Since using the MT I have been redoing the loose braids and it is apparent that I am almost redoing the entire head once a wk! In 2008 I tried mt and did not notice any growth.(I was'nt using it consistently)

But I am applying it every day and massage for 45 min every day as well as taking vitamins and my hair is growing by leaps and bounds! Can't hardly wait until the end of the yr to post progress pics! At this rate I will have to invest in the gallon size of mt.

But I must admit I am loving it!:yep:

My hair also grew really super fast when I sported the scurl from the box. Yeah I did at one time. It grew to apl. But now completely natural since Oct 2010 I wear nothing but my trusty yarn braids and when I take them out after a month and a half I always see tremedous growth. I oil my scalp nighly with castor oil and a sulfur mix. I do not use braid spray. I also baggy and mist my scalp before I baggy to keep my hair moist. It's working very well for me. Oh, btw I only wash once a week sometimes every other week. My hair does not seem to like the cw much but I also massage and drink alot and I mean alot of water since I am diabetic I stay thirsty and I take my vitamins too.

I have decided that I will post pics only when I reach my 1st goal of apl. But my ultimate goal length is MBL:lick:

Last edited:
My hair grows the fastest when I do cardio 4x a week and wash/co-wash 2-3x a week. Moisture and good blood circulations is the key.

My hair grew its fastest way back when I had a Jerri Curl! :lachen:

When I had the stylist blow it out I was amazed! (From SL to just below APL in 3 mths) Then she cut me right back to SL. :wallbash:

Even though I get decent growth with weaves/wigs, I haven't found anything that has worked as well for me since. :look:

You mentioned color. Ever time I dye my hair I lose hair. Whether it's a rinse or permanent color. It didn't really matter until I start tryng to grow my hair. That's when it dawned on me...."your hair doesn't like color".

Me too. I lose hair when I color. The last time I highlighted I lost hair. My hair hates color. :nono:

Mine tooo!!!
then I messed up and decided I wanted it straight and dry again. Man my hair couldn't fall out fast enough after that. At least I have this great memory of the day I was walking around flipping and flinging it like I was Marsha Brady :lachen::lachen::lachen:

When I had the stylist blow it out I was amazed! (From SL to just below APL in 3 mths) Then she cut me right back to SL. :wallbash:

Even though I get decent growth with weaves/wigs, I haven't found anything that has worked as well for me since. :look:

Same here, my hair grew like a weed with the Wave Nouveau. Except my hair was thinning and the stylist would chop off all the growth when I got a touch up. Recently I have seen the most growth with my hair in corn rows while using MN. But my edges dont like corn rows so...

when I stopped adding heat weekly, stretched 20 wks+, moisturized and sealed regularly, focused on low manipulation stlyles

My hair started to grow better and retain much more once I started a very intensive regime of 99% of bagging my ends, and only wash/co wash, DC, moisturized, and bunned. I have been on this regime for 19 months, with 5 more months to go. My progress pics are in my siggy.

My hair grew fastest when I was in Uganda eating fresh fish and rice everyday (healthy diet).....What messed my hair up was letting a salon use way to much heat on my hair ......But I'm on track now with my natural healthy hair.

Last edited:
MOST DEFINITELY long term protective styling...I tried the wig thing, but it didn't work for me like weaves and braids because I was still manipulating my hair once a week to wash, DC and rebraid. Every time I put in braids or twists or something and can't touch my hair with a comb for upwards of a month, I really seem to retain a lot. The reverse seems to happen when I cowash 3x a week or more, like I like to do in the summer: my ends go apesh** on me and I have to trim a lot. Last March, I put my hair in senegalese twists for a month and saw this:

aprilcomp-vi.jpg

I think I get a spring growth spurt, but I am not sure. Just to see, I'm doing a six month HYH (from Jan 1 to June 13) to see if I can retain EVERYTHING and hit BSL by the time I am 2 years natural. I think I am about an inch away now, but I am trying REALLY hard to fight the urge to measure until June. My regimen until then is basically spraying with braid spray and putting aloe vera gel on my edges. I may wash once or twice, but it's not mandatory for me at this point. When I take them out, I wash with ORS olive oil shampoo, DC with a light protein and moisturizing DC (my current fave is ion effective care treatment), liberally apply leave-in, oil my scalp and ends, and rebraid/twist.

Last edited:
When I went on a diet last year. I started walking, eating sprouts, exercising and I did nothing to my hair but bunned.

Are we suppose to post pics?

I brought sprouts today. Someone else suggested eating sprouts. I'll add them to my salad and see how well I like it.

I got the most growth when I was consistent with my vitamins and twisted my hair just about every week and had a healthy hair regi that included DCing with every wash. I went from El/NL when I BC's to NL/SL in 6mos.

I'm going to try and be careful not to think I'm cute when I reach mbl. My biggest fear is wanting to wear my hair out alot to show it off and then ruin my progress. I hope I can behave.

Back