My girlfriend really thinks I’m gonna marry her but imma leave her as soon as I get my funds up

This is why you should never try to build with broke dudes.

He wants a decent job so does he not work now? I know you don't know OP, but seriously, is he confessing to being a bum?

And why are you continuing to waste everyone's time if your GF is not 'your type'?

This Dud is stuck in a "vicious cycle" of ignorance. HIs love logic has him mistaking the 'sponsibilities of his GF with the role his MOMMA should have played in his life. He should have stayed home until he got himself together enough to go after the Job and GF's that are his "type". The only appreciation he has for the current GF is for what she's allowing him to get away with. I'm sure he didn't tell her about this plan.

But then again in this Social Media day-n-age, I really think that content was just "click-bait"...why else would he publicly annouce his nefarious plans?

I saw this online and it really rubbed me the wrong way. I’m sure it’s click bait but the gaslighting bothered me. Saying all that but then talking about not loving her any less when he’s not loving her at all. I’m reminded of a guy I knew in college. His gf talked about their future constantly but he would downplay their relationship when she wasn’t around. He gave off the same energy. Ironically they got married. I wonder how that’s working out for them.

I have conflicted feelings about this. He needs to tell her what he's thinking so she can prepare herself. Leading her on when he knows she thinks this it for her is cruel and unfair.
I don’t expect men like this to be honest or forthcoming. Not giving him a pass. It’s just not in their nature and expecting otherwise doesn’t serve us as women. My issue with scenarios like this is that women rarely get there (expecting happily ever after) by themselves. I’m sure he’s not picking out baby names but he’s definitely leaning in to that narrative when he needs her to hold him down or thinks she’s about to leave. If he told her anything that sounds remotely like “let’s see where this goes” she’d pull back.

He probably doesn't even have a girlfriend. Dudes who say stuff like this are typically attention seekers anyway.

If he is this bold to say something like this on social media, there are very few self-respecting women that would stay or want to be with someone like this guy. And he's not cute, either.

However, this is a cautionary tale because I do believe that there are guys like this out there.

This is why you should never try to build with broke dudes.

I respectfully disagree. Broke in and of itself does not mean stagnated. Jeff Bezos was once broke, and look what he went on to build with his previous wife by his side. I'm just saying - not all broke dudes share the same views or stay broke forever.

The dude in the OP does not reflect the attitude of all broke dudes.

This is why it's important to discuss relationship expectations upfront. Not everyone is looking for long term, and that's ok. Some are looking for Mr/Ms Right Now. It's each person's responsibility to have that conversation with their partner vs assuming that you both want the same thing. This conversation should happen very early imo.

Also most broke guys don't marry the woman they struggled with ijs.

I respectfully disagree. Broke in and of itself does not mean stagnated. Jeff Bezos was once broke, and look what he went on to build with his previous wife by his side. I'm just saying - not all broke dudes share the same views or stay broke forever.

I don't know the exact specifics of the founding and initiation of Amazon, but I do believe he had a minimal amount of funding to get it started. The fact that the guy is saying he wants a decent job, not even a career, does not lead me to believe he's harboring some Jeff Bezos type ideas.

There’s a huge difference between a broke man and a man with an ok/decent job who’s taking active steps to follow his ambitions. Bezos fell into the latter. So did Barack Obama when he met Michelle for that matter.

He wasn’t broke. He was a trader before and had a family invest a certain amount of capital to get him started. He had a career and he decided to start a business.

Last edited:
My brother in law is still talking about getting his pilots licence to attract the level of young women he dreams about.

He has an SO his age for once (46), but he won't show us a picture, tell his Mom about her, or introduce us. Even when we went to a restaurant 5 minutes away from her house. Been together for 2 years. When we ask him he says "she isn't the one". I hope he's being open with her, but I doubt it.

My brother in law is still talking about getting his pilots licence to attract the level of young women he dreams about.

He has an SO his age for once (46), but he won't show us a picture, tell his Mom about her, or introduce us. Even when we went to a restaurant 5 minutes away from her house. Been together for 2 years. When we ask him he says "she isn't the one". I hope he's being open with her, but I doubt it.
The girlfriend probably thinks this is going somewhere. Sadly this happens all the time. I knew someone in that situation. Took her 5 years to meet his kids or even be invited over to his house. :nono: Pure foolishness in my opinion.

The girlfriend probably thinks this is going somewhere. Sadly this happens all the time. I knew someone in that situation. Took her 5 years to meet his kids or even be invited over to his house. :nono: Pure foolishness in my opinion.

5 years! She has strong patience.

I feel like covid has provided excuses for men to string things out even more than usual and have relationships of convenience (through the boredom of lockdown/restrictions).

I generally avoid him but if he's still with her next time I'll be saying something, I can't help myself :lol:

Could it be that she's white and he isn't comfortable bringing her around the family? A relative did the same thing. Dated this woman for years and when he would stop by he would leave her in the car. I'm guessing he told her that he was running inside real quick or something like that but he'd visit for 30 minutes while she waited in the car.

Could it be that she's white and he isn't comfortable bringing her around the family? A relative did the same thing. Dated this woman for years and when he would stop by he would leave her in the car. I'm guessing he told her that he was running inside real quick or something like that but he'd visit for 30 minutes while she waited in the car.
She’s patient bc I would definitely be blowing up his phone or knocked on the door after 5-10 minutes of waiting.

I saw this and wasn't surprised. I've seen this sentiment from men plenty of times. They don't want the woman that was there for the struggle/broke portion of their lives. They believe they deserve a "better" quality woman as a reward. This flies in the face of the gold digger trope but alas they don't care.

I'm not going to be with anyone who is going to decrease my quality of life. I'm not struggling with you. Holla at me when you have gold.

I do feel bad for the gf. There is no way he has told her this.

The first time he did this I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. Any subsequent time though? I’d call an Uber and block him on my way home. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Idk how many times it happened. I suspect it was several times before we noticed. I think there were at least 5 times I'm aware of. She hung around and now he brings her inside. (Kanye shrug)

Back