My Friend's Severe Hair Loss - 5 month Progress Pics Inside

caribgirl

So for the last 5 months, I have been taking care of my friend's hair by:

~clarifying every 2 weeks with AloeRid
~Co-washing with Moistur/Protein cond . w/ EVOO 2x per week
~airdrying, moisturizing, sealing with EVOO, and bagging entire head
~applying a MN mixture on scalp

I do the above on wash days and she re-moisturizes and seals daily and uses protective services daily as well.

Well hard work has paid off as she has made great improvement!
So once again, I thank you all for helping me help my friend and her hair.

BTW: She was so skeptical at first but is thrilled with her progress:rolleyes: .

Caribgirl's MN Mixture

EVOO
Coconut Oil
castor oil
100% pure tea tree oil
peppermint oil
MN- 4% yeast infection creme (any brand)

~place 1/2 of the oils in a ketchup bottle and squeeze in the MN and "shake whatcha mama gave ya" until the mn dissolves into little pieces. Pour in the remaining oils and shake some more. Apply on scalp and massage daily!

Dont 4get to shake b4 using. You can add other essential oils but use sparingly. Go ahead and be creative but grow those tresses.

Knowledge is Power!!! God Bless, Ladies!

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

47b8df29b3127cceb339fa25c5b300000036100BbtXLFq3cMd

47b8df29b3127cceb339dd8304ae00000036100BbtXLFq3cMd

Last edited:

I do the above on wash days and she re-moisturizes and seals daily and uses protective services daily as well.

BTW: She was so skeptical at first but is thrilled with her progress:rolleyes: .

Her progress is amazing but so is yours - lookin good girlie!

Thanks guys :yep:!

She was going to a stylist for relaxers and weaves all the time and had no idea how bad her hair loss was :nono:. The stylist could've informed her and try to help but we know what could happen at a salon.
She has not relaxed since the start of her journey but I did apply some Bigen on her hair,rollerset, and saran wrapped her hair. She was happy and I'm happy for her.

WOW!!!! Knowledge is Power!!! She is truly lucky to have a FRIEND like you who shared what you have learned with her. Each One Teach One!!!

:circle: That's what it's all about! Great Post!

That was very nice of you. Her progress is amazing and you are a dear friend. I can't believe a stylist encouraged her to put a weave in her hair.

That was very nice of you. Her progress is amazing and you are a dear friend. I can't believe a stylist encouraged her to put a weave in her hair.

Thanks sistas!
Can you imagine. Unfortunately, some stylists just calculate the $$$ they will get after a client leaves their seat.

you did an EXCELLENT job.:yep: I hope she is taking notes cuz that some serious progress and if she keeps it up..she'll be apl in no time!

Wow! I'll bet she's ecstatic! You're a very good friend to help her like you have :yep:

Your hair's lookin fab, too!

So, uh, what's in that mn mix? :look:

I hope god blesses you with faster hair growth and healthier hair for truly helping your friend, that was very kind and thoughtful of you

GOD BLESS:yawn:

That's looking good!! Almost a 360 rotation!! At the end of the year she might be or close to APL!! Congrats to both of yall!! :grin::grin:

Hey what IS in your MN mixture?!:grin:

I second everything the ladies have said before me: You are a GREAT friend!

Her progress is amazing. Has she gotten to the point where she can now do everything on her own?

the progress is very good! but please share how the hair became so damaged in the first place. i think that the severity og how that hair first looked might give other ladies going through similar issues some hope. it kinda looks like traction damage. anyone who knows someone who this has happend to( tight braid and weave wearing folk) knows that often it doesnt grow back. keep up the good work. your friend is fortunate to have you as a help.

You are wonderful for helping your friend grow her back. When is she going to become a member here? You know we nosey :drunk:

That is so sweet and kind of you to take care of her hair. It's obvious that you're doing a great job. :up: :up: You're a good friend. :yep:

You are doing a great job on your friends hair and also on yours.:yep:

How sweet of you to help her. You are a good friend. :grin:

God bless you!

Wow! That is amazing progress. She is blessed to have such a wonderful friend with "hair-growing" hands :)

Those pictures are amazing. She is blessed to have you in her life. I am sure she is looking forward to a life of healthy hair.:clap:

Back