My Friend Is Being Abused By Her BF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always tell women to put money away. Even if the relationship is going WELL. You never know when you will need it.:yep:

I also tell them to stop believing everything men say. Good men lie...even if it's a "little bitty" lie:look:...So you KNOW the BAD ones do! And this horrible man is lying a LOT!

I was thinking the same thing because why doesn't he have he own car?

I just couldn't find myself in that situation. She needs to have a plan to get she and her kids out that place. Secretly start saving money then leave when he lease expect it. She is slowly but surely losing her identity.

RarityFluttershy said:
:nono:

She needs to file a police report period (It is against the law to abuse your spouse). After she does that she needs to file for a restraining order (which she can get if she has a police report. Hell some times you can get one without a police report.). Then she needs to file for custody of her children and check into a womans shelter. As a matter of fact when she applies for a restraining order she can also apply for custody of her children.

I hate to sound mean and be the odd ball but it sounds like she isn't ready to leave her abuser (just yet). She has too many excuses, him and his family having money, she can't take the kids, the police telling her to not file a police report, etc.....
When she is ready to leave him she will leave (believe me).

I am a survivor of domestic violence and left with not one damn person backing me up. I have/had no friends and no family with two kids on my hip leaving a very violent husband.

My advice to you is to give her some information to women shelters and the domestic violence hotline number. Tell her to have an emergency plan and to have copies of her children birth certificates and SSC. Leave the rest up to her, you cannot save her, she is grown when she is ready to leave she will. It takes a few times for a woman to leave her abuser before she is ready to leave for good. So don't be surprise if she does leave and goes back.

Oh about crossing state lines, I crossed state line with my babies and still have them. *shrugs*
And we were in a custody dispute.:look:

ETA: Sorry for my english being bad.

Yeah I gave her information. There's really so much that I can do. The path she wants to take is up to her at this point.

Yeah I gave her information. There's really so much that I can do. The path she wants to take is up to her at this point.

Last week I took someone to a center that had all of the information she needed to leave and from what I heard at the park, she is still there and was at church on Sunday.

*CherryPie* said:
I also tell them to stop believing everything men say. Good men lie...even if it's a "little bitty" lie:look:...So you KNOW the BAD ones do! And this horrible man is lying a LOT!

Yup! PEOPLE lie!

Here you go:

Legal Aid of North Carolina offices have attorneys who can serve victims of domestic violence, regardless of how much money they make. These attorneys can help with civil remedies, meaning they can help you with domestic violence protective orders. Click here to view the telephone numbers of Legal Aid of North Carolina offices by county.

http://www.legalaidnc.org/Public/Learn/Locations/default.aspx

@CityGirlLuv Please edit your last ETA in the OP.

You've also given a little bit too much info in some of your other posts as well. I know you're trying to help and people have posted some great info, I just think you should be careful with posting certain things e.g names.

Last edited:
@CityGirlLuv Please edit your last ETA in the OP.

You've also given a little bit too much info in some of your other posts as well. I know you're trying to help and people have posted some great info, I just think you should be careful with posting certain things e.g names.

londontresses I'm mostly careful. I just forgot names were within the messages as I had skimmed through it before I copied and pasted it here. But I haven't given out too much info. She's okay with me posting here since I got permission from her before I did so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back