My 60 year old Mama's Hair,warning big pic

Amari

Photobucket is not cooperating by letting me resize this pic right now.She only allowed me to take one pic.I'm mad and jealous,her hair is almost bra strap length.my hair was this length twice in my life b4 I messed it up.She sleeps w/ no scarf or satin pillowcase,and cuts her hair every two weeks.She uses a semi-permanent dye every week,permanent every other month.She goes days w/o combing her hair,never moisturizes or seals,picks up any shampoo and condish she can find etc...You get the pic,look at this,I keep imagining her length if she did right.
DSC00348.jpg

Her hair is really pretty.

It must grow super fast though for her to dye it every single week. Is that safe? I mean for her scalp and the fact that the fatty layers of the scalp are absorbing all those chemicals?

Her hair is really pretty.

It must grow super fast though for her to dye it every single week. Is that safe? I mean for her scalp and the fact that the fatty layers of the scalp are absorbing all those chemicals?

Lol,I would say no.She is the epitome of everything bad one can do not to grow hair.All I said is what I can think of off the top of my head.She breaks every LHCF rule,every last one.

Lol,I would say no.She is the epitome of everything bad one can do not to grow hair.All I said is what I can think of off the top of my head.She breaks every LHCF rule,every last one.

I bet she "greases her scalp" too, huh?:yep: I must say it is lovely...

I bet she "greases her scalp" too, huh?:yep: I must say it is lovely...

Yup w/ whatevers close,only if she's in the mood.Blue magic,Dr.Miracles,I tried to give her some Hairveda Almond Glaze.She used it once and told me to keep that mess.(I dont waste my breath w/ mama and LHCF knowledge)

I mean, I'm not so much worried about her growing hair....I'm way more worried about the fact that her body is absorbing all those chemicals. That just couldn't be healthy. But hey, if that's what she wants to do. If she likes it, I love it.

I mean, I'm not so much worried about her growing hair....I'm way more worried about the fact that her body is absorbing all those chemicals. That just couldn't be healthy. But hey, if that's what she wants to do. If she likes it, I love it.

I totally feel the same way you do,but talking to mom about her hair is like beating a dead horse.I tried to Henna and Indigo her hair and she backed out last minute.She says me and my herbs will not get in her hair.She is still convinced my Horsetail loose herbs is some form of weed...

I totally feel the same way you do,but talking to mom about her hair is like beating a dead horse.I tried to Henna and Indigo her hair and she backed out last minute.She says me and my herbs will not get in her hair.She is still convinced my Horsetail loose herbs is some form of weed...

:lachen::lachen:

Mama's are like that.

Wow her her is gorgeous! I'm sure you'll get your hair back to that length yourself, particularly if you've already done it twice! :yep:

:blush::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Her hair is beautiful though.

pretty hair and very healthy looking.

my mom basically does nothing to her hair either, and it's very long and healthy. i posted pics of her hair awhile ago. i don't think my mom has trimmed in over a year.

I guess sometimes it just be's like dat. :look:

Her hair is really pretty. Are you saying she does it herself?

Yup her motto has always been why pay someone else for some ish you can do better alone.(Her experiences w/ stylists were b4 my time and she always felt they threw shade...)

pretty hair and very healthy looking.

my mom basically does nothing to her hair either, and it's very long and healthy. i posted pics of her hair awhile ago. i don't think my mom has trimmed in over a year.

I'm going to find that thread,I love finding out regimens

Here's her reggie
  • Washes every weekend by leaning over the kitchen sink w/ all that hair,uses sulfate poos and their corresponding condish(VO5 or Motions)
  • Applies semi permanent color,rinses then applies condish(Soon as she puts it on she washes it out)
  • No leave in,applies grease and oil b4 blow frying
  • Flat irons and curls the ends
  • I've never seen her less than this length it grows and she cuts it literally as soon as she sees the growth
  • She relaxes every 3 months w/ "kiddie" no lye perms like PCJ

Wow, how pretty. I don't know what brand of semi-perm dye she is using, but some of those rinses have pretty good amount of protein and conditioning properties. I really think her hair looks nice and the color is so rich.

Back