Straightened My Hair - Oct 2010 (Pic heavy)

You and your hair are gorgeous! I love pic #37 in your fotki...it looks like an ad....great progress and thanks for sharing!

Ediese, you had a chemical reaction to black dye with the BKT? Which one was it? And your hair is waistlength!!! Beautiful.

Ediese, your hair is gorgeous. I love the the bantu knot out. Did you put anything in your hair before you put the knots in or did those waves just happen after leaving them in for the night?

No, I tried not to use any products because I knew I wasn't going to wash for a while. :lachen: I used a little drop of argan oil every other night, but that's about it.

I cursed when I saw ur pics....om my ur waistlength..I remeber when you just growing out your relaxer...great progress in 2 years(I think)

Thank you! :)

Great job Ediese! I'm sure with patience and 'babying' your hair, you will start to see results. I hear you on getting a trim if you feel like your ends are thin (appearance) or if they're split (health) but as you are caring for your hair, maybe you won't need those additional trims. Also, have you considered wearing protective styles for a season - maybe double strand twists? With your length, I bet they would look gorgeous. You could even tuck them away, which is even better for retention. If not, be careful with a heat regime, especially if your hair is not in optimal condition. Don't want to sound like Debbie Downer, just wanted to suggest other options. I always enjoy reading your updates and seeing your progress.

Thank you! You're absolutely correct. :yep: I actually just had about 3" trimmed, and I'm definitely planning to baby my ends until I'm ready to straighten again.

? How do you sleep in bantu knots?

I tried once at it was bad.

Yep, I sure did. lol It did hurt a little, but I think it hurt more when I try to make it tight. It's about the same type of pain as when I sleep in flexirods.

Ediese do you still do the bkt, if so how is it holding up? Gawjus hair by the way. :)

I did it about a month ago, and plan to continue probably twice a year. It's holding up really well, and makes my hair more manageable. Thank you!

Ediese, you had a chemical reaction to black dye with the BKT? Which one was it? And your hair is waistlength!!! Beautiful.

Yep, I sure did. It changed the color of my hair. I used the Marcia Texeira Chocolate treatment.

My hair isn't WL anymore. ;-( I got rid of about 3". I think I'm back to BSL. I just can't change my siggy yet. lol

Yep, I sure did. It changed the color of my hair. I used the Marcia Texeira Chocolate treatment.

My hair isn't WL anymore. ;-( I got rid of about 3". I think I'm back to BSL. I just can't change my siggy yet. lol

Ediese

@ the bolded :thud: im sure it is still lush tho...just shocked.... May I ask, why did you decided to cut?

I love your hair... it's definitely an inspiration! I think I need to start pin curling again as well.

@Ediese

@ the bolded :thud: im sure it is still lush tho...just shocked.... May I ask, why did you decided to cut?

I trimmed for a few reasons. 1) My last trim/cut was in April 09 when I got rid of my relaxed ends, so it was about time for another trim. From now on, I'm planning to go every other month. 2) I could clearly see between 1-2" of split ends. 3) I wanted to get rid of my layers. 4) I know it's possible for me to get it that long, so it wasn't a big deal to cut it (I would have never thought that I'd ever feel like that).

The stylist showed me the splits before she started cutting. She asked if I wanted her to only take off .5" and I could come back every other month. I told her to just get rid of it. lol My hair feels really good now, and I love the way it looks. My next goal is to get rid of the heat damage in my crown and in the front of my hair. I considered going back and having her cut it again, but I guess I'll do that part gradually. I don't know what it is, but I'm happy my hair was at waist length, but I think the initial excitement had already worn off.

Last edited:
Your hair looks beautiful. I like how you styled your hair in the pictures. When my hair gets longer, I am going to try some of the hairstyles you did in the pictures.

Back