Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

Ozma, i much prefer the 60 min wash !!!! though I did do one wash before along with the ACV.

I used the mud undiluted and left on for 60mins, well a little over, hair feels even better than yesterday.

twisted up with just some sweet almond oil

@Ozma, i much prefer the 60 min wash !!!! though I did do one wash before along with the ACV.

I used the mud undiluted and left on for 60mins, well a little over, hair feels even better than yesterday.

twisted up with just some sweet almond oil

SimJam,

I agree; I don't think I'm losing any of the effects of the detox by using this method. Washing my hair 3x is too much manipulation.

For those who are still resisting Terresentials :)
Today's mud mix:

3tsp Rhassoul
2tsp Brhami
2tsp Neem
2tsp Amla
Enough AVJ to make a pudding and a capfull of EVOO

I'm picking up my package from the post office this evening. I really need to do a protein treatment. I haven't done a protein treatment on my hair since 2010. I have so many strands of hair with holes all alone the hair strand :nono:. I'm going to do the mud wash first then do my protein treatment this weekend. I may even steam my hair (haven't done that either in close to a year). I'll post my results.

I purchased the big bottle of the lemon one, and two 8-ounce bottles - one lavender and one cool mint. I'm going to use the lemon one first. I'm going to do a sugar scalp scrub then the mud wash.

Last edited:
Use the Lemon today. I placed my hair in about 8 twists. I cleaned my scalp with ACV (forgot to dilute it; thank God nothing bad happened). I immediately rinse the ACV from my hair throughly. Next, I took a small amount of mud and raked it through the length of my hair and apply a small amount to my scalp and rub it in.

Wash the mud out in the shower and detangle. Out of habit I put my shea mixture in some of my twists. But I stopped because I wanted to see if my hair will still be moisturized without any added product.

Ladies, my hair doesn't feel heavy and the parts not moisturized feels moistruized! Also it was very easy to detangle my hair and I love how my curls POP!

I absolutely love this product. I'm going to go ahead and do the detox. I still have the Ovation Cell therapy I'm using, so I may either sell it or finish using it up, since there is only like 20% or less left in the bottle.

But I'm definitely giving away/selling my shampoos and conditioners. I finally found a staple product!!

Last edited:
I'm loving this stuff as a pore-tightening facial mask! I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I put the wash on for about 5 minutes then wash with shea butter black soap and my skin feels awesome.

As far as my hair, I am going to finish the detox period with lcl, and by then my lavender wash should have arrived. I'll switch to that one for hair and keep the lcl as a face mask.

Ozma you are using the hair wash as a face mask? Or are you using their other facial products?

Also, has anyone used their facial products?

I love this mud shampoo very much, I did not do the detox I just washed my hair with it and continued as i always have done and eventually my hair was very clean and healthy and its worth the money to me, i will continue to the use the product and if I wanted deep conditioning, I just leave the mud on my hair longer. nothing beats the detangling. Wow its wonderful. I haven't combed my hair in months. Terresentials is a keeper

I haven't given up on this yet. I love what it does for my scalp and how strong my hair feels. I'm going to do a DC after I use the mud wash and see if I like it better that way. I get my hair done at the salon, so I'll probably take the mud with me. I'm sure they'll think I'm crazy, but so what.

I'm starting to wonder if my scalp hates creamy type of shampoos and conditioners. Normally my salp is always irritated. This is the first time I haven't DC'd in a long time an did not use use a creamy type of shampoo and my scalp feels better than it has ever felt.

Last edited:
I haven't given up on this yet. I love what it does for my scalp and how my hair feels strong. I'm gonna try to DC with it or just take it to the salon with me. I'm starting to wonder if my scalp hates creamy bases.

yodie, What do you mean you are going to try to DC with it?

You are going to take it to the salon and have them apply it for you?

^^^ yes Im also a bit curious^^^

maybe she posted in the wrong thread, because terressentials isnt creamy

ANYHOO

I wore my hair in a twistout today, from the twists I had in on Sunday which a sealed with I think sweet alsmod oil. I rubbed some SSI coco creme leave in just before I undid.

hair is soft and moisturized, and holds the curl well, considering I didnt use a product to "set" it.

I can only see my hair improving. I was looking at Naptural85s hair and it also has inmproved with time using the mud wash, much less frizzy and more shiny.

we dont have similar hair texture but I can only expect (or hope) that my hair will also improve to be less frizzy and more shiny :pray:

@SimJam How are you liking the Sultry Spice?

hay Skiggle i didnt get the sultry spice, only left coast lemon and cool mint, both scents Im not too fond of, the LCL smells like dishwashing liquid and cool mint smells like colgate toothpaste, but they both work well and I like the tingle and sinus clreaing benefits of the cool mint lol

terresentials needs to get some bakery scents :lachen:

what does the sultry spice smell like?

hay Skiggle i didnt get the sultry spice, only left coast lemon and cool mint, both scents Im not too fond of, the LCL smells like dishwashing liquid and cool mint smells like colgate toothpaste, but they both work well and I like the tingle and sinus clreaing benefits of the cool mint lol

terresentials needs to get some bakery scents :lachen:

what does the sultry spice smell like?

I have no idea! I'm getting mine off a swapboard. I just don't want to smell like a pumpkin pie, lol. Hope it works out! Will update.

yodie, What do you mean you are going to try to DC with it?

You are going to take it to the salon and have them apply it for you?
That was a typo. Meant to say that I wanted to try a dc with it, not use it as a dc. I love that my scalp isn't itching, so I'm not giving up on it just yet.
I get my hair done at the salon, so I might take this in as my shampoo.

Since my terressentials wasn't here yesterday, I made my own mud wash. I think I will keep tweaking my recipe. It turned out pretty good. I used 1/2 cup of bentonite clay, 2 tablespoons of almond, sesame, rose hip and vanilla oil. I added a couple of drops of sweet orange essential oil. I added enough aloe vera juice to mimic the same consistency of terressentials. I used my stick blender. It turned out pretty well. I still like terressentials better for now. I think when I am done tweaking my recipe I will probably start making it as needed. I had everything here at home.

^^^ the base ingredients of the terressential mud washes are Organic aloe vera juice, clay minerals (bentonite clay), organic extracts linden flower, nettle, chamomile and shavegrass (horsetail), so I guess its not difficult to replicate, just to get the right ratios

the only herb I didnt know is the linden flower and I just looked it up, its mucilaginous and I guess thats what gives the great slip, maybe one could substitute marshmallow or slippery elm

Any fellow mudders use henna? If so, what are using to rinse out the henna? They say to use a cheap conditioner to wash it out, but ummmm I really don't wanna use my AO to cowash (up to 3x for some).

Any fellow mudders use henna? If so, what are using to rinse out the henna? They say to use a cheap conditioner to wash it out, but ummmm I really don't wanna use my AO to cowash (up to 3x for some).

I use to use henna, before Terressentials, and I use V05 strawberries and cream moisture milk conditioner to co-wash with. They cost about $1 and can help to get the gritty henna out.

Can you use the mud on colored treated hair?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SCH-I500

ahhh crap!!!!!! I use vo5 to cowash out henna, ites the best for me, but this type of condish wont cut it with the muddddd.

hmmm maybe I will get some Hair Veda moistpro (is that the name) its pretty cheap, not vo5 cheap but hay.

any ideas for cheap/reasonably priced natural cowashers?!?!?!?!?

Thanks SimJam I didn't know that about the linden flower. I will be using the marshmallow tea until I buy the powder. I will enjoy trying to tweak the recipe. I have 2 other natural heads in my house to experiment on.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I don't really use a conditioner to wash my henna out. I just rinse until the water is runs clear. Then I take a small amount of my fave cheapie White Rain and work it through each section...I do this for "SMELL" purposes only. I just don't like the constant after smell of barnyard hay that henna leaves me with!

I wash with terressentials first then henna. I then just rinse with water because it rinses easily. Then I DC with my regular conditioner.

I use morrocco method henna and they recommend filling a sink with water, placing a little oil in it and rinsing in the water. I did it once but didn't find it necessary.

[USER=47917 said:
Loves Harmony[/USER];14451881]Can you use the mud on colored treated hair?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SCH-I500

Yes you can use it on color treated hair. They have more information on their website.

Came out of lurkdom to post! I love this stuff....

I'm not getting that soft hair everyone else is... But I think thats just my dryness issues!

I have the lemon, lavender and mint... =)

Love this stuff!!!

Came out of lurkdom to post! I love this stuff....

I'm not getting that soft hair everyone else is... But I think thats just my dryness issues!

I have the lemon, lavender and mint... =)

Love this stuff!!!

Im sure the softness will come in time, are you doing the detox?
it wasnt util abt wash 8 or maybe 9 (day 3 of the detox) that the spoftness stayed for me.

In fact my ends were a bit parched the first 2 days, with just adding a leave in and light oil, and I was getting a bit antsy because I am just getting my bushy breaky ends under control.now they are doing pretty well

hontesly it only gets better each time you wash. In fact the 60 minute wash really turned things around for me during the detox. I would do 1 wash with diluted mud @ 1 tbs mud to 3 tbs water, then a 60 min wash with undiluted mud (put on a plastic cap and let the mud sit for 60 mins):lick:

Yesterday I tried clay + honey and I liked it! A little bit of buildup on my scalp though. I should have used conditioner afterwards maybe. I wonder if adding clay to a natural conditioner would work (like a cowash but more cleansing).

Back