Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

I LOVE the Cool Mint.... I love the way it feels on my scalp! :lick: My hair looks more defined after using this one than any of the others as well.
lol... thank you so much! yeah it's the only one i've used (i'm in love with the soothing scalp properties:yep:)

i wondered about the detangling of the others, but i make stick with this

maybe the cuticles are closed with the avj (noticed it as an ingredient)

what's everyone's favorite?? cool mint, lavender, or Left coast?
the ultimate mud wash cocktail for me is...cool mint on the scalp (love the stimulating , tingly sensation) and lavender on the strands (love the slip it provides).

the ultimate mud wash cocktail for me is...cool mint on the scalp (love the stimulating , tingly sensation) and lavender on the strands (love the slip it provides).
ooooooh, yummy(thank u so much!!) hair4today i may have to go at that one!:yep:

so, the lemon doesn't cut the mustard for yah at all huh?

I have found that it makes the products I do use work better. They soak in and my hair is shiny and so soft. Not trying to be a pusha. Heehee. It really is true.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks to you pusha :lachen:I will be purchasing the mud next week. I will get the lavender and lemon.

Question: I noticed that I don't have any SSK's. Is this the case for any of you?

I notice that my ends are a lot smoother. Not sure if that makes sense.

WOW if this mudwash eliminates SSKs for me Terresentials will have a customer for LIFE !!!!.
I do feel my hair in general is getting smoother, if that makes sense:spinning:

maybe the cuticles are closed with the avj (noticed it as an ingredient)

what's everyone's favorite?? cool mint, lavender, or Left coast?

I think I prefer the LCL on my hair, but I really like the tingle of the cool mint

AHHHHHH BRILLIANT !!!!

I did the detox (my own way...), and did my first henna!

I actually got a perfect twist out that lasted for 4 days!!! My twistouts NEVER last past day 2 and even after one I usually have to retwist because of loss of definition and moisture. My hair was moisturized and defined all 4 days! I probably could have stretched it a few more days but I had to braid it up for work.

This stuff (and henna) are definitely staples! I'm going to save so much money now that I've found things that work, I'm SUPER excited!!

^^^ YES! Thanks for reminding me afrofaithful my twist outs are so beautiful now. I just gave away majority of my "old products" to my friend. The mud shampoo is really all I need, shamoo, conditioner and moisturizer!!!

Plus it's a good mud facial....love it!!!

My ends are alot smoother and I haven't noticed any SSK. And before the detox I was having major issues with dry ends and SSK. I'll have to report after a few days of wearing a twistout to see what happens.

lol... thank you so much! yeah it's the only one i've used (i'm in love with the soothing scalp properties:yep:)

i wondered about the detangling of the others, but i make stick with this

I hate the smell of the lavender I haven't even tried it on my head yet because I cannot stand that smell...!! The lemon detangles very well though! Haven't tried the spice but I love the mint.... for the smell... detangling, cooling, I jsut wish it left my hair "soft" but none of them have for me...

I still have SSKs. Not sure what is going on with my ends. They have never been smooth and still aren't.

As far as the smell, I love the lemon. It reminds me of my grandmothers lemon cake. After my first use I was craving lemon cake for two days :lol: Fortunately, I became immune to the smell so I no longer notice it.

I hate the smell of the lavender I haven't even tried it on my head yet because I cannot stand that smell...!! The lemon detangles very well though! Haven't tried the spice but I love the mint.... for the smell... detangling, cooling, I jsut wish it left my hair "soft" but none of them have for me...

What do you put on you hair after? Are you air drying? I can't blow dry my hair at all it makes it hard. I air dry until almost dry them I use oyin hair dew and seal with grapeseed oil and burnt sugar pomade for the ends.

What do you put on you hair after? Are you air drying? I can't blow dry my hair at all it makes it hard. I air dry until almost dry them I use oyin hair dew and seal with grapeseed oil and burnt sugar pomade for the ends.

I would NEVER blow dry my hair for any reason.... Gives me hair dryer than the desert and after an article I read, I understand the diene behind it and have since banished my blow dryer! I air dry with avj (for now... I ran out of my usual leave in waiting on a shipment) and I seal with grapeseed oil and JC N&S on my ends... I stated in a previous post that my hair has never been "soft" but it is moisturized, no more or less than usual. I've been having problems retaining moisture but that was before the mud wash and due to my busy grad school schedule and being sick... Neglecting my hair....

I don't really mind the ack of softness I've never really experienced it aside from when my hair was straight.... When I has a relaxer I had some soft hair as a natural, it's just taken on different characteristics.... But it grows so I love it!

ProductJunkie I am sorry. I couldn't remember if you air dried. I was too tired to scroll up, I was typing lying in bed.

For some reason my hair hates liquid leave-ins. Giovanni, Jane Carter all of those. No, now that I think about my hair loved the original Taliah Waajid spray. I can only use creamy leave-ins like oyin hair dew or kknt.

I understand about being too busy to do hair. I hate running out of product too. Even when I order early they don't send it and I am stuck.

I have also noticed that the water I wash my hair in affects the feel of my hair. The Houston water was awful.

I am glad that you hair is growing and you get your staple product soon.

Now, if terressentials would hurry and send my hair wash......

hay ladies.

an update on noticable changes in my hair

1. increased moisture retention

2. decreased bulk - I have CBL length 4b hair, even when wet I normally cannot easily get my hair into a pony puff, when damp, I can wrangle into 2 pony puffs. Now I can get my hair into a pony puff easy peasy.

3. my hair lays down easier (i think linked to less bulk) I feel like if I were to blowdry/flat iron, id get the best darn light flyaway hair ever... but I wont be doing that till late december.

4. i can use less product to get the same results, like my hair absorbs products better.

and Ive started using the mud undiluted - I wash first with diluted ACV then rinse and apply the mud, sit for 30 - 45 mins, then rinse.

hay ladies.

an update on noticable changes in my hair

1. increased moisture retention

2. decreased bulk - I have CBL length 4b hair, even when wet I normally cannot easily get my hair into a pony puff, when damp, I can wrangle into 2 pony puffs. Now I can get my hair into a pony puff easy peasy.

3. my hair lays down easier (i think linked to less bulk) I feel like if I were to blowdry/flat iron, id get the best darn light flyaway hair ever... but I wont be doing that till late december.

4. i can use less product to get the same results, like my hair absorbs products better.

and Ive started using the mud undiluted - I wash first with diluted ACV then rinse and apply the mud, sit for 30 - 45 mins, then rinse.

SimJam how long have you been using the wash? Are you noticing a reduction in SSK's?

I'm thinking that I'm going to start using the mud more frequent & do away with my AO conditioner. 1st of all I found out that the 1st ingredient in it isn't so "natural" after all. 2nd of all, my hair actually feels better after a lavender mud wash than it does after a co-wash or DC with the AO.

I want to use the mud during the week in place of co washes & then just do a moisturizing DC once a week. I'm looking for a good homemade mix for my weekly DC. So if any of you ladies have any recipes that you want to share, please let me know. I know I'm going to use Naptural's (from YT) recipe for protein as needed. She has a yogurt recipe for conditioning but I'm afraid of the build up or do you think I should be worried since I'll be using the mud twice per week?

nakialovesshoes, I don't think you have to worry about build up; considering you're washing your hair with mud twice a week. I watched Naptural's DC with the yogurt. I think you will be ok, if you don't get it too close to your scalp.

@destine2grow lol I really hope it works for you. If you hate it I'll but it from you. :D Will you post your review after you use it?

Yes ma'am I will do a review for you ladies. Are any of you ladies using Supergirl hair care line with the mud wash? If so can you please tell me how the products play well with the wash. Thanks ladies in advance.

nakialovesshoes... updating on the cool mint/lavender mix. I just finished my wash. I used 1/3 oz cool mint and 2/3 oz lavender diluted with 1 oz water and the result was fantabulous. My curls were popping all over the place, my hair detangler like a dream and my scalp was soooo clean and happy..it's still tingling post wash which I love. This mix is a winning combo for me..hope it works for you.

@SimJam how long have you been using the wash? Are you noticing a reduction in SSK's?

this is the first wash since my detox,

I havnt been using long enough to say my SSKs have reduced. what I can say is that my ends are getting less tangly, in fact my hair in general is getting less tangly

what I have realized thou is that my hair likes aloe vera juice, has been a treat for my ends, so I guess using the mud wash fits right in

My lavender wash arrived in the mail this morning and I immediately jumped in the shower to try it out. I lurve it! My curls are popping and detangling was a breeze with just a bit of coconut oil and castor oil.

OK I finished my detox and I found that using shea moisture just wasn't enough moisture for me when I twist my hair.. So I retwisted my hair last night and I used Qhemet Alma & Burdock root and flaxseed gel that I whipped up and I must say this is the 1st time since being natural that my hair has stayed moisturized all day.. I took my twist out out but didn't want to wear my hair out today because I picked grapes today and wasn't sure how much I would sweat my hair out..

Sorry my edges aren't as slicked back as they were this morning.. I need a stronger gel for my edges..

Oh wow, your hair is gorgeous! I'm so inspired!:yep:

Washed today with Sultry Spice. Steamed with the mud in for about 30 min. Moisturized with Qhemet Amla Heavy Cream.

@MarriageMaterial I used my body wash sampler Lavender scent. It similar to the mud, no suds. Loved the lavender scent, very soothing. But, I am not sure if I will use this regularly as a body wash in the shower. Maybe as a bath soap.

MarriageMaterial no. I've been using Zuresh body cleanser, it suds up! The mud body wash is creamy and about as moisturizing as the Zuresh. I've only used it twice so far. I will continue to use the samples and see how it goes.

Actually, I don't remember putting on lotion today. Well Ill be putting on lotion tomorrow.

Back