Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

usually after 1 week my scalp needs to be washed and my hair doesn't absorb product or moisture readily anymore.

not this time.

I'm going to try the product this week. Has this improved anyone's scalp issues? My scalp can be dry and itchy at times. Gotta go back online, but I'm gonna try the lavender tonight, tomorrow and Friday. I hope that's enough detoxing.

ok, so I finally got my package, ordered on Septeber 28th, received today October 10th in Cali. Partial refund of one order finally posted ($61.05) still waiting on the other refund that they owe me.

I stacked up enough to hopefully last me year since I am alternating Shea Moistre Purification Mask,Terressentials, and Henna Sooq Poo Bars (with clay in it).

I forgot what I had ordered, LOL. This was a birthday gift to myself (Scorpios, YAY)

3 20oz Left Coast Lemon (plus I have one at home already)
2 20oz Lavender
1 8oz Unscented

Can't wait to try the Lavender.

I think my hair has finally converted to it's natural state. I've been using it off and on for months but my curls are realy tight and poppin now and the feeling is starting to just feel different. All in all I'm happy but likeI said in a previous post, if I need more I'm going to order from a vendor.

The only butters that I plan on using mainly is Oyin Whipped Pudding and QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. For steaming I'm sticking to KBB and Curl Junkie.

Chile ur the Terresentials Bandit LOL

didnt you read their suggestion about buying only what you can use in a short space of time :lol:

I want to see the episode of Dirty Jobs that they were featured in:yep:

BTW your mention of the sheaMoisture purification mask reminded me that I had a tub that I haddnt tried, I did try it and its awesome!!!!! so Im gonna be looking out for another BOGO

Email from Terressentials:

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to share your info with our small team! We all greatly appreciate the kindness, and we're glad to learn that others are loving our handmade products as much as we all do! Naturally, of course, we can't take all of the credit for the handiwork of Mother Nature and her creations of amazing organic oils and herbs, and natural clays.

Since you are enjoying our products, we wonder if you ever saw the Discovery Channel's funny Dirty Jobs show in which Mike Rowe, the show's host, came to Maryland to spend the day with us "helping" us to make our Hair Wash? This was a great and memorable educational opportunity for our tiny team and we had so much fun that we love to share the episode with our friends. If you haven't seen it yet and can find a few minutes, you might want to take a peek for a laugh or two. It is super funny!
Here's a link to the episode:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=UH6HTMBE

Once again, thanks so much for taking the time to write us with your kind feedback.

Our best,

Diana and Jim and the Terressentials team

PS -- Have you seen our Hair Help blog? It's an excellent compilation
of many actual customer questions and our replies to their questions.
Perhaps you may find a useful tip or two...here's a link:
http://www.te-helpmyhair.blogspot.com/

Well, I tried it... Not a huge fan.... Oh well I will continue to use it....Diluted....

I also used this in my Braids.... so - I am not sure how it would work in other circumstances.:look::look:

I will make my own after this bottle is gone... And probably add some rose powder...:yep:

Last edited:
Well, I tried it... Not a huge fan.... Oh well I will continue to use it....Diluted....

I also used this in my Braids.... so - I am not sure how it would work in other circumstances.:look::look:

I will make my own after this bottle is gone... And probably add some rose powder...:yep:

Did you detox first?

Lucky's Mom, what were your results?

I liked it - but - After my hair dried - I did not like the crunchy feeling. I am going to try again - But with lots of oils and Rose powder in the mix. I like moisture for my hair....And - My hair does not need alot of Detoxing. :lick::lick: I use Aloe vera juice and Castor oil almost daily - So....

Not a huge fan - but I am not against any natural goodies.

I hate Henna too - so... I hope that helps

Last edited:
So my package came in yesterday (FINALLY). I order both the lavender and lemon in 8oz sizes.

This morning I used some of the lemon (diluted with water), left it on for 1 hour and washed it out. I did a 2nd wash immediately after.

My hair feels, lighter and softer but not quite the softness I usually feel after I DC. However my curls POP! I've never seen my curls so defined before. I added AVG, filtered water, my shea mix and castor oil to moisturize.

I'm happy with the results and I'm curious to see how my hair will be after the full 7 day detox.

:grin:

I tried the wash again today......

I diluted it and added Rose powder......

Not as Crunchy :drunk:

So - I used it as an "indian powder wash"

Used my oyin conditioner after ward.....
It is still Drying - so - Hopefully - It will be soft tomorrow!

:lick: If it is not.... Oh well. It's no loss.. I will diluted the rest of the bottle for my facials.

Hey ladies!
I ran out to buy the left coast lemon mud wash a few weeks ago and have loved the results on my 4ab shoulder length (streched) hair. I recently went to get my hair straightened and my stylist used keracare products. I'll be washing soon, and doing a mini-detox to get that crap out of my hair, but i'd like to also do a good moisture rich deep conditioning treatment. Do you guys have any suggestions of all natural deep conditioners that would be compatible with the mud wash? My hair hates the aubrey organics stuff (leaves an icky white residue and isn't that mosturizing for me :nono:) and i'm a little scared to try Naptural 85's yogurt one (even though it looks great) because it might have a lot of protein in it and my hair is screaming for moisture:ohwell:. I need HELP! Thanks so much!!

Think the lemon stuff, while it works great, isn't doing so good for my scalp. :/ Too harsh, the lemon, it's drying it out badly. Will try the lavender!

Hey ladies!
I ran out to buy the left coast lemon mud wash a few weeks ago and have loved the results on my 4ab shoulder length (streched) hair. I recently went to get my hair straightened and my stylist used keracare products. I'll be washing soon, and doing a mini-detox to get that crap out of my hair, but i'd like to also do a good moisture rich deep conditioning treatment. Do you guys have any suggestions of all natural deep conditioners that would be compatible with the mud wash? My hair hates the aubrey organics stuff (leaves an icky white residue and isn't that mosturizing for me :nono:) and i'm a little scared to try Naptural 85's yogurt one (even though it looks great) because it might have a lot of protein in it and my hair is screaming for moisture:ohwell:. I need HELP! Thanks so much!!

I've been using my KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask with my Terressentials. Works great. Been doing it since March 2011 with no problems.

Hey ladies!

Coconut milk, powered dark chocolate, and molassas or honey.

Works like a charm!

Or I use Anita Grants Rhassoul Deep Dish Cube w/ coconut milk.

Coconut milk, powered dark chocolate, and molassas or honey.

Works like a charm!

Or I use Anita Grants Rhassoul Deep Dish Cube w/ coconut milk.

this is another food that I just couldnt put in my hair 'cause I want it in mah belly (other one is avocados, I loooove avocados) LOL:lachen:

didnt know abt this

this is another food that I just couldnt put in my hair 'cause I want it in mah belly (other one is avocados, I loooove avocados) LOL:lachen:

didnt know abt this

I am with you.... IN NO WAY will Chocolate go to Waste around me - especially on my HAIR~!!!!!:lachen:

UPS just delivered my package (I'm pleasantly surprised at the relatively fast turnaround time) of left coast lemon wash. I'm starting the detox tomorrow.

Questions:
1- So leaving the wash on for an hour will replace three washes? Does that also mean it cuts down on the number of days in the detox?

2- I know they say don't use any styling products, but what about some coconut or castor oil? Will they mess up the detox results, too? Will I even need to oil my hair?

Thanks, ladies!

Last edited:
hay ladies I made a homemade version of terresentials
made a tea with 2 tbs each burdock root, nettle, marshmallow and rosemary in 2 cups water (boiled for 30 mins)

3 teaspoons bentonite clay, AVJ and tea (wish I measured) used a stick blender to mix until smooth

I washed 2 times as if I were doing the detox but couldnt bother with the 3rd time lol

and my hair was yummy. I DCd with shea moisture purification mask but didnt add any to the front left section oof my hair and I rlly could not tell the much of a difference.

also I realized that I didnt have to use as much DC as normal, like my hair absorbed it better aaaaaand my hair actually feels a bit smoother/silkier (my hair NEVER feels even silky-ish)

if my knock off works this well I cant wait to try the real thing !!!!!!

I'm gonna try the "knock off" :). I already have clay plus plenty of herbs and essential oils so buying a mud product would be redundant. I recently made the switch to kitchen deep conditioners and I don't think there's any turning back. So I've been thinking about non-detergent shampoo and this may be it.

UPS just delivered my package (I'm pleasantly surprised at the relatively fast turnaround time) of left coast lemon wash. I'm starting the detox tomorrow.

Questions:
1- So leaving the wash on for an hour will replace three washes? Does that also mean it cuts down on the number of days in the detox?

2- I know they say don't use any styling products, but what about some coconut or castor oil? Will they mess up the detox results, too? Will I even need to oil my hair?

Thanks, ladies!

Id love to know too. I read the site and they suggest washing with their castile soap based body wash and rinsing with apple cider vinegar before starting the detox, and also metion leaving the mud on for up to 60 mins or "baking" in the sun for faster detox..... but in all of this they dont mention if it actually shortens the reccommeded 7 day detox :sad:

I think they expect that during the detox nothing will be put on the hair after :sad: but I think I will add a light water based leave in like shescenntit coco creme or oyin hair dew

I'm gonna try the "knock off" :). I already have clay plus plenty of herbs and essential oils so buying a mud product would be redundant. I recently made the switch to kitchen deep conditioners and I don't think there's any turning back. So I've been thinking about non-detergent shampoo and this may be it.

yep that knock off was goood, hair still moisturized (even though I do still use a leave in jsut to make sure my ends dont get dry):yep:

Questions:

Thanks, ladies!

I agree with SimJam, on the site they tell you, you can modify the detox but they don't tell you if leaving it on longer shortens the days. I don't remember it stately that 1 hour = 3 washes. Those that have chosen to speed up the detox just did what they felt was best.

As far as putting something on it, I would recommend listening to your hair. I loved the way my hair felt and I went 1 day with no extra product but my hair definitely told me to stop playing and put something on it. You still want to keep your hair moisturized in between washes.

So use an oil, shea butter or something natural during your detox period. If

Washed my hair again last night. Still using my 2 oz sample of Sultry Spice. Me likey.

I keep saying how thin my hair is, but it felt so lush when I was rinsing in the shower.

Twisted my hair up with QB Amla Heavy Cream. My front still looks thin to me, but the back, very nice (I mean thick).

I think I will try the bath wash. Started a wish list. This will be a x-mas gift to some family and friends. Sample size only :-).

Washed my hair again last night. Still using my 2 oz sample of Sultry Spice. Me likey.

I keep saying how thin my hair is, but it felt so lush when I was rinsing in the shower.

Twisted my hair up with QB Amla Heavy Cream. My front still looks thin to me, but the back, very nice (I mean thick).

I think I will try the bath wash. Started a wish list. This will be a x-mas gift to some family and friends. Sample size only :-).

I'm glad we all tried something different so we can get the different reviews. Maybe the Sultry Spice works well for those who feel their hair is thin. Maybe? Its something for those considering purchasing to think about.

I should read before ordering. I ordered LCL and Lavender. I didn't realize it was backordered/delayed and wouldn't be shipping until next week. ( i _ i )

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I agree with SimJam, on the site they tell you, you can modify the detox but they don't tell you if leaving it on longer shortens the days. I don't remember it stately that 1 hour = 3 washes. Those that have chosen to speed up the detox just did what they felt was best.

As far as putting something on it, I would recommend listening to your hair. I loved the way my hair felt and I went 1 day with no extra product but my hair definitely told me to stop playing and put something on it. You still want to keep your hair moisturized in between washes.

So use an oil, shea butter or something natural during your detox period. If

:yep: faithVA, I agree! I don't trust that my hair will stay soft and moisturized after it dries, Ozma so I always put some shea butter and coconut oil on my hair. Just keep it simple and listen to your hair.

Last edited:
Another way to speed up the detox process--I have been using it on my niece--is to dilute a half a teaspoon of baking soda with 2 cups water and pour it on your hair. Then, rinse with ACV (1/4 acv, 3/4 water)....Then I put the mud on her hair in sections (about 8) and let it sit for an hour. HER HAIR WAS SOOO LUSH and her mother uses commercial products. I wasn't expecting it to work so well so soon, but it did.

Maybe this will work for others....

Tried the lavendar on a section of my hair. I have sense learned to ease into trying new things. It felt great after I washed. I used a little Oyin Honey Hemp and Wen Fig as a leave in, but my hair dried kind of rough and a little filmy. I know I haven't fully detoxed yet, which is the reason for the film. I don't have any natural butters (while I'm detoxing), so maybe I'll just use castor oil or some other not so heavy oil.

Are any of you ladies heat styling your hair afterwards? Seems like everyone here wears WnG's or twist outs. Thanks.

Tried the lavendar on a section of my hair. I have sense learned to ease into trying new things. It felt great after I washed. I used a little Oyin Honey Hemp and Wen Fig as a leave in, but my hair dried kind of rough and a little filmy. I know I haven't fully detoxed yet, which is the reason for the film. I don't have any natural butters (while I'm detoxing), so maybe I'll just use castor oil or some other not so heavy oil.

Are any of you ladies heat styling your hair afterwards? Seems like everyone here wears WnG's or twist outs. Thanks.

It may have also dried hard because it was just a wash and not the detox. I know Wen has a lot of synthetics in it. If you had to choose between the two I would go for the Oyin over the Wen.

Do you have any olive oil?

I straightened my hair with a pressing comb 2 weeks ok. I just did it the same way I always have. Washed, conditioned let it dry. Then I used an oil based leave-in.

Not sure how heat styling will work with the mud wash over time though if you are using serums/heat protectants. But I am sure others would like to know.

Back