Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

I did my first day of the detox. why didnt anyone warn me that I should bring water and a snack in the shower with me. IT TOOK AN HOUR TO WASH MY HAIR 3 TIMES. I didn't apply any product to my hair and it is dry. I will not go with out product again. That said I have shiny hair for the first time in my life.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Im sure the softness will come in time, are you doing the detox?
it wasnt util abt wash 8 or maybe 9 (day 3 of the detox) that the spoftness stayed for me.

In fact my ends were a bit parched the first 2 days, with just adding a leave in and light oil, and I was getting a bit antsy because I am just getting my bushy breaky ends under control.now they are doing pretty well

hontesly it only gets better each time you wash. In fact the 60 minute wash really turned things around for me during the detox. I would do 1 wash with diluted mud @ 1 tbs mud to 3 tbs water, then a 60 min wash with undiluted mud (put on a plastic cap and let the mud sit for 60 mins):lick:

Yea I did the detox and I sat under the dryer with it on all of my detox days. I have just been having dryness issues before I started with the terressentials which came from being lazy and needing a change! I wasn't going to detox at first because I was already using all natural products but I went ahead and did it. I did skip one day because I was really tired and its hard for me to stand in the shower and wash my hair (due to medical reasons) I have to chose bathing or washing my hair and then go back and do the other after I've rested and I just didn't have the patience. I ended up using some shea moisture condish after one of my last washes and I layed off the AVJ as my leave in because I was thinking maybe I was getting an overload! Hopefully my Oyin, Camden Grey or Mahogany Knots order will come in soon so I can get some glycerin... The last of my leave in mix was knocked over by my lovely pet snake (it was an accident) and wasted down the drain.

I've been using AVJ and grapeseed oil on my hair and the days I have to leave the house early when everything is still frozen over I make sure to seal with what I had left of my JC N&S

MY hair is soft after all my butters and what not but not after washing.. And I'm okay with that... My hair is clean and not stripped and thats all that matters :grin:

I did my first day of the detox. why didnt anyone warn me that I should bring water and a snack in the shower with me. IT TOOK AN HOUR TO WASH MY HAIR 3 TIMES. I didn't apply any product to my hair and it is dry. I will not go with out product again. That said I have shiny hair for the first time in my life.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

You are funny. The time you lose now you will make up within a month or two when you end up with a simplified regimen.

With each day your hair will probably not be as dry but its still a good idea to add additional moisture and seal it in.

[USER=12499 said:
ProductJunkie[/USER];14456599]Yea I did the detox and I sat under the dryer with it on all of my detox days. I have just been having dryness issues before I started with the terressentials which came from being lazy and needing a change! I wasn't going to detox at first because I was already using all natural products but I went ahead and did it. I did skip one day because I was really tired and its hard for me to stand in the shower and wash my hair (due to medical reasons) I have to chose bathing or washing my hair and then go back and do the other after I've rested and I just didn't have the patience. I ended up using some shea moisture condish after one of my last washes and I layed off the AVJ as my leave in because I was thinking maybe I was getting an overload! Hopefully my Oyin, Camden Grey or Mahogany Knots order will come in soon so I can get some glycerin... The last of my leave in mix was knocked over by my lovely pet snake (it was an accident) and wasted down the drain.

I've been using AVJ and grapeseed oil on my hair and the days I have to leave the house early when everything is still frozen over I make sure to seal with what I had left of my JC N&S

MY hair is soft after all my butters and what not but not after washing.. And I'm okay with that... My hair is clean and not stripped and thats all that matters :grin:

I would advise skipping the dryer especially if you were already having issues with dryness. If you want to baggy for an extended period of time that is good but skip the dryer or steaming with the mud. Mud dries by itself so the dryer is over amplifying the muds tendencies and drying out too much of the water out of your strands.

Posted in the Everyday hair sticky, but wanted to share with you ladies. My hair today.

picture.php

The front is slicked down with Original Moxie - Just Gel. I have Qhemet Amla Heavy Cream underneath.

I would advise skipping the dryer especially if you were already having issues with dryness. If you want to baggy for an extended period of time that is good but skip the dryer or steaming with the mud. Mud dries by itself so the dryer is over amplifying the muds tendencies and drying out too much of the water out of your strands.

Thanks for the tip...IDK I will see because when I did sit under the dryer my hair felt so much better than the 2 washes without the dryer, or any of the washes I did without the dryer. My hair was less dry but still dry nonetheless
They also suggested letting the product "bake" in the sun which is essentially what I saw myself doing because it was raining so I didn't have any sun =(

I actually prefer the way my hair comes out after applying the heat. I should add that I do have a plastic cap on my head and my dryer is the heat therapy style one except it plugs in... Worked pretty well for me.

Maybe I need to stop throwing around the term "dryness" because originally I was stating I wasn't getting that soft feeling. My hair never particularly felt "soft" at any point in my life to me so I think its just my hair. I don't attribute softness with moisturized when it comes to my hair.

My dryness issues now have been going on before trying the mudwash... And I'm sure it was because of other things I was doing to my hair especially now after trying the mudwash and not seeing a difference. When I get my supplies and products in the mail and get back to giving my hair the TLC it deserves I'm sure I won't have dryness anymore... Its already bouncing back from water spritzing, steaming and heavier sealing! :yep:

Forgot to add... Thanks! I will try both however and see what works well... On a regular wash day I skip the dryer anyway for a lack of time... I only see myself using a dryer biweekly.

Forgot to add... Thanks! I will try both however and see what works well... On a regular wash day I skip the dryer anyway for a lack of time... I only see myself using a dryer biweekly.

Well remember, the mud wash is a cleansing product and not a conditioner. So you may want to use it in your regimen more like that. Just as we wouldn't put shampoo on our hair and sit under the dryer, you may not want to do this with the mud wash even if it does have some conditioning effects. Just something to consider.

Well let us know what you come up with. It may help someone else who is having a similar issue.

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=72173" said:
MarriageMaterial[/URL];14445471]@Ozma you are using the hair wash as a face mask? Or are you using their other facial products?

Also, has anyone used their facial products?

I just got my package today (Ordered on 10/14).

2 large bottles of Sultry Spice
Body Wash sampler pack
Hair wash sampler pack ( Christmas gift shopping started early)

I'll come back and post how I feel about the Body Wash.

ETA: I didn't get the facial wash cause I hate how cocoa butter smells and it's an ingredient in all the scents for the facial line. :nono:

I don't really love how any of the hair washes smell, but I am getting use to them.

I just got my package today (Ordered on 10/14).

2 large bottles of Sultry Spice
Body Wash sampler pack
Hair wash sampler pack ( Christmas gift shopping started early)

I'll come back and post how I feel about the Body Wash.

ETA: I didn't get the facial wash cause I hate how cocoa butter smells and it's an ingredient in all the scents for the facial line. :nono:

I don't really love how any of the hair washes smell, but I am getting use to them.

Thanks makemild I may try their sampler set. That way I'll know if it's good for my skin or not.

When did terressentials say they would start sending out the lavender backorders? I may be overlooking it on my phone but I couldn't find it on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

just checked the site and the notice abt lavendar backorders is no longer there.

I dont remember when they said they would start back shipping of that scent, but Im thinking it should have been last week

Ok, I put the mud wash on my face while I DCing and it was good. My face felt really good and smooth.

But I went ahead and order the sampler for their body wash and face sampler. I'm just curious about their other product line.

I have read this entire thread and I can't wait to try this. I am trying not to purchase so soon because I have a lot of other things I need to use up. I might purchase and wait until the new year to use. Hopefully by that time I have used up a good amount of products. That way I won't feel bad about trashing or giving away some.

I have read this entire thread and I can't wait to try this. I am trying not to purchase so soon because I have a lot of other things I need to use up. I might purchase and wait until the new year to use. Hopefully by that time I have used up a good amount of products. That way I won't feel bad about trashing or giving away some.

I have found that it makes the products I do use work better. They soak in and my hair is shiny and so soft. Not trying to be a pusha. Heehee. It really is true.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ok. I'm finally finished with the detox! Never washed my hair so much within a week! After trying both the lemon and lavender I realized my hair likes the lavender better (and I have thick hair). I've been wearing my hair in a high puff after rinsing out the mud and only adding my AVG, my homemade shea mix and castor oil. My hair is soooo curly and defined. I've never had curls like this since I've started my natural journey. I've always thought to achieve great definition I would need tons of gel. My hair is shiny healthy and looking better everyday.

I now need to find a natural gel to help slick down my edges. I tried flaxseed gel (naptural85's recipe) and my hair didn't like it. It made my hair sort of frizzy and less moisturized. So I ended up washing my hair with the mudwash for a 2nd time this morning to get my curls back.

This mudwash is definitely a keeper and I will be washing with it every other week.

Ok. I'm finally finished with the detox! Never washed my hair so much within a week! After trying both the lemon and lavender I realized my hair likes the lavender better (and I have thick hair). I've been wearing my hair in a high puff after rinsing out the mud and only adding my AVG, my homemade shea mix and castor oil. My hair is soooo curly and defined. I've never had curls like this since I've started my natural journey. I've always thought to achieve great definition I would need tons of gel. My hair is shiny healthy and looking better everyday.

I now need to find a natural gel to help slick down my edges. I tried flaxseed gel (naptural85's recipe) and my hair didn't like it. It made my hair sort of frizzy and less moisturized. So I ended up washing my hair with the mudwash for a 2nd time this morning to get my curls back.

This mudwash is definitely a keeper and I will be washing with it every other week.

My edges don't slick so I can't tell you 100% if these will work. But for natural gels you have KCCC or Joie Gel. The Joie Gel is a natural gel like the old Jam gel its firm going on and slicks down but softens up.

Ok im back.... wedding is done.. will post pictures soon...

About the mud wash... im getting so tired of the lemon scent... maybe the lavendar will be better? + the pj in me just wants to buy a shampoo and conditioner already... is that odd?? I hope u guys are well... missed all y'all

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Maybe 2 weeks is too long to go without washing my hair, but my hair stinks my end of week 2 and i dont think the mud gets the funk away... maybe ill start washing in my twists weekly...

I have kinky coily hair and I'm able to get my hair to slick down with water and shea butter or some kind of hair butter. I just wet, apply butter and lightly brush (I skip this at times) and then I tie my hair down with a scarf for maybe 10 mins while I finish getting dressed. No lie, my gets as straight using this method than it did when I had a fresh relaxer.

Ok im back.... wedding is done.. will post pictures soon...

About the mud wash... im getting so tired of the lemon scent... maybe the lavendar will be better? + the pj in me just wants to buy a shampoo and conditioner already... is that odd?? I hope u guys are well... missed all y'all

nope not odd at all -- as good as the mud wash is, I try to mix things up with my hair so as not to get bored with it plus I got a lot of products to go through. I alternate mud wash with normal condition/shampoo or sometimes just a plain rinse with water. I don't want my hair to build up a tolerance to the mud (i love it so) and also rotating keeps the cost down.

Back