Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

Thanks, FaithVA. I normally use serums, heat protectans etc. with heat styling. Seems like the mud wash and the serums, etc. will constantly work against each other.
Any other ladies have any views on this?

Last edited:
Did multiple washes on days 2 and 3. My hair likes this detox. Definitely a keeper in my regimen. My curls are soooo defined (even more than after the 1st wash). I have some looser curls in the front that now have the most amazing curl definition! So excited because the looser curls would never hold up styles for very long like the rest of my hair. It's like i am finally seeing my true texture. I'm also still moisturizing with my shea mix, castor oil and AVG and my hair is so soft.

Looking forward to finishing this detox and will update.

So, I went all in. I have the lavender on my hair right now. I'm trying to speed up the detox, so I'll let it sit for an hour. The site doesn't say how keeping the product on for an hour shortens the detox period. So, I'm wondering if I leave it on for one hour 2x's today and leave it on for one hour tomorrow, if that'll be enough detox for me. I'll see what my hair says. It would be great if this alleviated my scalp problems.

Last edited:
I must say that I am extremely impressed with the lavendar mud wash. Now I know what you ladies were talking about and I only did one 1-hr wash.

1. I never usually have detangling issues, but my fine, cottony, 4A/B hair felt strong and hardly shed at all when I ran my big tooth comb through it.

2. My hair ALWAYS puffs up when wet. I hate that. I always notice how some women's hair hangs/has weight when wet. My hair isn't very long, but it hung a little more. WIN! WIN!

3. Curl definition was alot better, more pronounced. SHOCKER FOR ME.
4. Hair felt clean without feeling stripped.
5. I used a Roux Fermodyl 619 leave in treatment vial and applied a little grapeseed oil. Twisted my hair and most of it is already dry. REALLY?
6. My hard to deal with section in the middle of my head is soft. I can't believe it.
7. Here's the miracle. I air dried and I NEVER AIR DRY. My fingers slip right thru my hair. REALLY? This never happens!! I didn't DC at all.

I'm gonna go ahead and do another 1-hr detox and that'll do it for me right now.
This is a keeper, providing my hair doesn't dry out at some point.

I'm seriously in shock. Maybe I won't need to use alot of serums with heat styling now. We'll see and I'm hoping (crosses fingers) that this helps my scalp issues.

Last edited:
I should read before ordering. I ordered LCL and Lavender. I didn't realize it was backordered/delayed and wouldn't be shipping until next week. ( i _ i )

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
LOL at their explanation of..."due to unprecedented demand for TE Lavender Garden Pure Earth Wash, orders which include this product will be delayed until..." I bet they didn't know what hit 'em.

LOL at their explanation of..."due to unprecedented demand for TE Lavender Garden Pure Earth Wash, orders which include this product will be delayed until..." I bet they didn't know what hit 'em.

:spinning: the power of black hair care ..... and PJs :lachen:

I did my first 60 minute wash with LCL AND I washed my face with it, too. I first clarified with ACV, then applied the mud diluted with water.
My hair and skin feel great. So far, so good. :yep:

Hey my fellow muuders. I came to realization today that the lavender really is better for my hair, I just like the mint because of the cooling sensation. What do you think: should I just add mint EO drops to the lavender or should I just mix the 2?

nakialovesshoes, I would wash one side w/lavender mixed with a little tea tree or whatever else. I'd wash the other side with a combo of both mud washes. See which one works the best and go from there.

I was just wondering if anyone using this has tested the pH?
If you dilute the mud with 1 oz of water & 2 tbsp of mud the pH is 7. If you dilute it with AVJ, the pH will vary depending on how much you use. If you dilute it with 1 oz of AVJ & 2 tbsp of mud the pH is 5. I have diluted my mud with both water and AVJ, and I think my hair likes it with the water. However, you can try both and see how your hair responds.

2nd detox day: I did the same 60 minute leave in then rinse and light oiling with coconut oil. My hair feels great.

Im just getting to start my detox, just finished wash 1 and now sitting for 30 mins before washing out.

already seeing promising signs :)

Hey my fellow muuders. I came to realization today that the lavender really is better for my hair, I just like the mint because of the cooling sensation. What do you think: should I just add mint EO drops to the lavender or should I just mix the 2?
nakialovesshoes, you know what I just came to the same conclusion after mudding yesterday with the cool mint for the first time. Although I loved the tingly, refreshed, ultra clean sensation of the cool mint on my scalp which lasted for hours post wash -- I found the mint didn't have as much slip as the lavender which dentangles so beautifully. I decided to try and get the best of both by mixing the 2 scents together 1/3 mint & 2/3 lavender over the next few washes. If that doesn't work then I'll just apply the cool mint to my scalp and lavender on the strands. I mud once a week so will keep you posted on this.

Last edited:
@nakialovesshoes, you know what I just came to the same conclusion after mudding yesterday with the cool mint for first time. Although I loved the tingly, refreshed, ultra clean sensation of the cool mint on my scalp which lasted for hours post wash -- I found the mint didn't have as much slip as the lavender which dentangles so beautifully. I decided to try and get the best of both by mixing the 2 scents together 1/3 mint & 2/3 lavender over the next few washes. If that doesn't work then I'll just apply the cool mint to my scalp and lavender on the strands. I mud once a week so will keep you posted on this

hair4today I'll follow your lead & try that, too. I'm using mine once a week but thinking about using it more.

OK just finished my 3rd and last wash for today, with each wash my hair felt better and better... softer and easier to detangle. I sat with the mud on my hair for 30 mins (covered with a plastic cap) between each wash

Im using the left coast lemon, not a fan of the smell (dont particularly fancy the cool mint either) but its working so Im good

wonder if I should tr the cool mint tomorrow or just finish the detox with the LCL ??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

think Im gonna use some oyin hair dew to twist my hair after/ or maybe some walnut oil, not sure

ETA: I use 3 tbs mud to 4 tbs water for each wash

Last edited:
@Ozma I dont know myself, but Im thinking Im gonna do that for the rest of my detox.

or Maybe tomorrow I do 1 60min and 1 30 min wash instead of 3 washes.

Gosh my hair feels good, it feel light and fluffy. I keep undoing my twists to feel my hair :lick:

yes !!!

actually there are about 3 - 4 threads abt terresentials on different hair boards, all started abt the same time and u know how we hair board ladies go with da ordering and stocking up lol

poor terresentials probably didnt know what hit them.

LMAOOOOOOOO

I'm loving this stuff as a pore-tightening facial mask! I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I put the wash on for about 5 minutes then wash with shea butter black soap and my skin feels awesome.

As far as my hair, I am going to finish the detox period with lcl, and by then my lavender wash should have arrived. I'll switch to that one for hair and keep the lcl as a face mask.

Ozma I, too, have oily, acne-prone skin. Thanks so much for posting this. I've used bentonite clay and AV (separately) in the past but I never thought about the fact that this would also work.

Also, do you mind sharing info on your shea butter black soap? TIA...

I skipped the mudwash this week and just rinsed well and deep conditioned. My hair feels good. I like having the option of mud washing or just water rinsing. Alternating the mud wash is definitely my new thing.

not sure I love the mud wash for heat styling. My hair isn't stripped, but it seems to take everything out of my hair and I generally have to use serums, oil, etc to add something to it.

day 2 of detox, just doing 1 60minute wash. I did the ACV wash before like what they suggest to speed up detoxing.

also trying the cool mint .... its tingly but smells like I washing my hair with toothpaste lol

[USER=17046 said:
yodie[/USER];14435583]not sure I love the mud wash for heat styling. My hair isn't stripped, but it seems to take everything out of my hair and I generally have to use serums, oil, etc to add something to it.

You still want to DC and apply a leave-in or whatever else you use before heat styling.

I'm thinking you are going to need an alternate shampoo if you are going to use serums that have synthetics.

Not saying you can't use it but based on what you are trying to do with your hair it may not be a product that you use to replace your regular shampoo.

Just finished detox day 3 wash. 60 minute wash again. I did use some shea butter moisturizer with my castor oil this time. Then I detangled and wet bunned.

Back