MTG Oil or Original MTG Challenge Begins

cyninmon123

Ok Ladies, the MTG Oil or Original MTG challenge is on full affect today use the product the best way that suits you, just use it, I plan on posting before and after pics once I figure out how to. If anyone has any suggestions or cares to share their regimine feel free to post!!!! REMEMBER ladies... if results are proven the manufacture company that sells this product will make a special brand with the same ingredients disgarding the smell. So it is up to us to show them the effect this product has. This challenge is for 2months. But feel free to continue the product if it works for you. The lady at the company advised me that this works better as a leave in on dry hair, but if you feel it works better otherwise then do what you have to do to for it to work best on you. So far these beautiful ladies have already agreed to join in on the challenge there names are listed below:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL
CYNINMON123
LANECIA
GIGGLEZ25684
JusticeWifey

Last edited:
cyninmon123 said:
Ok Ladies, the MTG Oil or Original MTG challenge is on full affect today use the product the best way that suits you, just use it, I plan on posting before and after pics once I figure out how to. If anyone has any suggestions or cares to share their regimine feel free to post!!!! REMEMBER ladies... if results are proven the manufacture company that sells this product will make a special brand with the same ingredients disgarding the smell. So it is up to us to show them the effect this product has. This challenge is for 2months. But feel free to continue the product if it works for you. The lady at the company advised me that this works better as a leave in on dry hair, but if you feel it works better otherwise then do what you have to do to for it to work best on you. So far these beautiful ladies have already agreed to join in on the challenge there names are listed below:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL
CYNINMON123
LANECIA
GIGGLEZ25684

I'm in. I've been using this since Feb. and it's definitley doing something. I haven't relaxed yet but even when I had a blow out I noticed the length (and so did my husband...YAY). I believe it's a combination of things but immediately after using the MTG for one week I had hardly no shedding; even the less than average your supposed to get daily. I'm in braids now until June but I still use. every day or other day. I'm going to start using it a pre-poo before I wash my hair (1x a week) I'll put some in a spray bottle and spray my braids really well put it in a bun and a plastic cap for 30 min or so then wash (since the bottle says to put a plastic cap on the tail, huh)?

Before braids, I do the baggie/ponytail method so my hair is responding great to the MTG. Good luck ladies.. :D

Hey cyninmon123:wave:

I am just checking in. Do we have to use the MTG by itself? I had already put some in my Sulfer8, glovers, Dr. Miracle, WGO and essential oils mix and I apply it to my scalp. I will probably have to find some other way to incorporate it into my regime by just using it alone so I can see the full effect of it. I think I might just be applying it to my scalp daily until my wash day because I started to plait my hair after I wash it and then I wear my wig until it's time to wash my hair again. I will take pics of my hair this weekend and use it as my before pictures.

Good luck ladies!!!:D

cyninmon123 said:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL
CYNINMON123
LANECIA
GIGGLEZ25684
JusticeWifey

Wow Ms. Lady, you've done some homework!! Got a quick question, did she have any suggestions as far as application frequency? I've combine mine w/3 parts MTG/1 Part Surge. I'm on the Daily Washing Challenge for April so I might step it back to CO washing every other day, while applying this combo daily. I'll get some before photos this weekend.

Good luck Ladies!!

YaY!! Its officially a Challenge, Im excited I will also post before and after pics after the 2 months is up! Happy Growing Ladies

cyninmon123 said:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL
CYNINMON123
LANECIA
GIGGLEZ25684
JusticeWifey

I'm in, I got mine a couple of months ago, but it stank so bad I just could not figure out how to use it. I also purchased another item, a conditioner also a leave in for horses of course, :lol: that is creamy I think it is called natural elegance not sure. But I have been mixing the two in a sqeeze bottle and applying every or every other evening to dry hair. The other conditioner smells a lot better so it helps out, also by applying at night the smell is not so unbareable by morning.
I must admit something is happening? :eek: I do believe my hair has grown. I used off an on for a couple of weeks when I first got it and just started again regular April 1. I noticed I do not shed as bad as I did-so maybe that's it. And I said to myself I was going to go until the beginning of May to see if it is really working. So count me in.

Please add me to your list. I started using this on 4/6. I did add some other oils to this product to mask the smell but the mix is 80% MTG.

I'm in! I added my mtg to the stinky challenge! I use my Mtg after the prepoo and hair washing regime. I surge and mango butter after and tie down w. a silk scarf. My hair is now super thick. It was thick before but now, it is really thick! All this, only after using this for almost 2 weeks. :eek: This is so cool! :grin:

Count me in! I fell off the wagon because of my work schedule for the last few weeks. Starting today I am starting the daily MTG regimen. Grow girls grow!!!

Hey! I want to join the challenge but I have to go buy some! :) I think I might as well go find it instead of ordering bc I was gonna order but the shipping was off the chain so I might as well go get it with my own two hands for the same price.

So tell me how to use this stuff ladies, do u put it on your hair and scalp both? how much do u use? and how do u mask the smell? give me the low down bc if I spend the $$ to buy this Id better put it to good use!

Count me in.

I have been using it on and off for a couple of months, but am looking to get back into it.

Does anyone think it would be bad to use on a 7 yo head like 3 times a week?

Count me in! :p

I picked up a bottle of Shapley's Original MTG today and I've taken pictures of my hair as of today 4/19/2005. I will post those pictures tonight of exactly how much new growth I am starting out with. I’m going to apply this product to my whole head; however, I will also post pictures of a particular area of my head that is easy to photograph in order to show this product’s effectiveness. ..if any. :cool:

I plan to get my hair pressed on June 17th for a convention, so I will end this challenge 2 days early, however, if this product does work miracles, this will become a keeper! ;) As I stated in another thread, I hope to gain at least 3 inches by June, two of which I hope will come from this product. Good luck to all you ladies and I can’t wait to see your results at the finish line! :antlers:

Last edited:
I bought this product on Friday, and am still waiting for it to arrive. I'm getting a relaxer tomorrow and will begin the challenge on Monday. I want a couple of days with a fresh relaxer and a non stinky head.

I would like to join once I buy the product. I think they sell it in a couple of places down here in Metro Atlanta. I may go out and buy in a couple of days.

oglorious1 said:
Ya'll just totaly forgot about me.....I put that I'm using MTG on the other thread..

So did I. There are so many threads about it that I forgot which one I posted it in.

I'm starting tomorrow w. this thing. I can't say that it'll only be for 2 mths though. I guess it depends on the results. ;)

Back