Motives question...where's he going with this

20perlz

I have been out of the dating scene for a while (almost 20 years). I am newly separated and pursuing divorce. A guy I used to date has been showing interest in me. He has been divorced for about 6 or 7 years. He makes a point to only communicate by text. That's right. No phone calls ever. As a result, I never initiate contact with him. Ever. Admittedly, I'm interested. But its weird that he is so closed to real communication (ie talking).

This guy is seemingly shy, successful, and very nice looking. He's been married twice (so he's been thrown back). Where is he going with this? Am I green? Are text messages the new way to play a lot of women at once? Forgive me if these are dumb questions... :)

I'm not an expert on relationships but ... Yes, texting is the norm now. However..... Only talking via text is a huge red flag, IMO- from personal experience.

I know. I text all the time but if I have someting to say or just want to talk I call. My red flags are up. I'm out of practice but they are up.

More than just communicating by txt alone, the fact that he has been divorced twice is a gigantic red flag.

No, texting only is not the new norm for someone pursuing a relationship. If he doesn't ever want to talk to you, why bother?

Did you ask if his divorces were due to infidelity on his part?

I wouldn't find it normal if he were 20. I'm assuming you guys are in your 40's so it is very abnormal IMO. Only communicating via text at his age is suspect and a little rude.

Back