MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

go yodie! go yodie! girl this is great because not only can we find an affordable growth aid that is handy but we all know that it works .. :yep:

I can hear u cheerin me on in this post.

the love makes me feel soo good. I luvvvsss ya lady!

1 & 1/2 wks post MN
7 wks post perm
Man my scalp feels crazzy fuzzy inside my bun:lachen:

When I oil at night, my fingers can defintely tell there is something different going on. I don't really have nails, but the little stubs I have are getting caught just a bit on the rub down.

oooh, I can't wait for my one month mark to check update..humm...would this be considered 'watching the pot?':grin:

I'm in for the MN Challenge. Starting pic is in siggy.

This will be my mixture and will start this Saturday:

1) MN (2 tubes of Dollar General)
2) Indian Hair Growth Potion (Thyme: 2 drops, Cedarwood: 2 drops, Rosemary: 3 drops, Juniper: 1/2 tspn, Grapeseed: 4 tspns - all eo's)
3) Sulfur 8 (1 tspn)

May adjust mixture depending on the oil consistency.

(Found an obscure Dollar General location, and the shelves were stocked!! Seems only seniors work at the location so they gave me no weird looks :grin:)

I forgot to post my MN results:

mnsidegrowth.jpg
mnafrogrowth.jpg

Today was my MN day, so thought I would take a pic...can't believe
  • 7 wks post
  • (almost) 2 wks MN

Jan102008MN2.jpg

1 & 1/2 wks post MN
7 wks post perm
Man my scalp feels crazzy fuzzy inside my bun:lachen:

When I oil at night, my fingers can defintely tell there is something different going on. I don't really have nails, but the little stubs I have are getting caught just a bit on the rub down.

oooh, I can't wait for my one month mark to check update..humm...would this be considered 'watching the pot?':grin:

I forgot to post my MN results:

mnsidegrowth.jpg
mnafrogrowth.jpg
girl i just was about to put you on blast because i did not see you post in this thread with all that growth . girl your TWA is no longer honey soon you will be rocking some twist .. keep up the good work.

Today was my MN day, so thought I would take a pic...can't believe
  • 7 wks post
  • (almost) 2 wks MN
Jan102008MN2.jpg

good for you I would hate to see this same part at 4 weeks post LOL because girl it will be NAPPY :lachen: I know because i could not get a comb in my head at all . at 4 weeks with using the MN

I posted my MN and 6 month stretch results in my fotki. Even though i just relaxed yesterday, i already went out and bought the hair for my next round of kinky twist so i can go back to using my MN spray mix. I love the results i have gotten from MN.

Last edited:
I posted my MN and 6 month stretch results in my fotki. Even though i just relaxed yesterday, i already went out and bought the hair for my next roung of kinky twist so i can go back to using my MN spray mix. I love the results i have gotten from MN.

If you don't mind giving up your secret...whats in your MN spray? :grin:Thanks (sorry if you posted it already but there are a lot of pages to go through)

My minute mix consist of ors shea butter softening hair & scalp lotion
Family dollar minute 2%
Ors natures shine
Peppermint eo
Tea tree eo
Rosemary eo
I just dump and splash no measuring.I apply this mix to my scalp daily.I have been using it for about a week and I'm in braids.Accelerated growth but nothing to measure yet! Will take pics

Question - I remember someone saying that her mixture yield 2 - 8 oz containers?

My question, to some what make sure I'm using just enough, "how long should an 8 oz container last you?"

I'm oiling my scalp every other night, and using slightly less than I used in the past when I was using hair grease, so approx. how much should be on the finger when applying to the scalp?

Should I be able to see a glob before applying to the scalp, or should I only use a thin layer to apply to each parted section?

I'm using the latter amount of the two, but wanted to check in with the x-perts :yep:
I'm in for the MN Challenge. Starting pic is in siggy.

This will be my mixture and will start this Saturday:

1) MN (2 tubes of Dollar General)
2) Indian Hair Growth Potion (Thyme: 2 drops, Cedarwood: 2 drops, Rosemary: 3 drops, Juniper: 1/2 tspn, Grapeseed: 4 tspns - all eo's)
3) Sulfur 8 (1 tspn)

May adjust mixture depending on the oil consistency.

(Found an obscure Dollar General location, and the shelves were stocked!! Seems only seniors work at the location so they gave me no weird looks :grin:)

Late...............but o well jumping on the MN Bandwagon for 10-11 weeks...by then it's summer and it's to warm to be overloading my hair.
Mixture will be:
  1. MN
  2. BB Growth Oil
  3. Softee Indian Hemp Hair Grease (Packed with Essential Oils..i.e(Rosemary, Nettle,Shave Grass u name it..)
Also, Use Boundless Tresses applied seperately

Reporting growth in Fotki Album last day of>>>(March , April , May )
FINISHED MN MIX!!!!:grin:

Attachments

• MNmix.JPG
    MNmix.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
ladies lets petition to make this thread a sticky because IMO it is very helpful to us .. how do we go about doing this

ladies lets petition to make this thread a sticky because IMO it is very helpful to us .. how do we go about doing this

Perhaps you could pm Allandra, one of the forum moderators, and see if she'll do it for us Tasha.

Any updates?

I am still going strong with mine. Trying to wait until sometime in March to check my progress....
but it didnt work last month...waiting that is.. LOL

Hi ladies, just thought I'd let you all know that I am still using my MN but I've reduced it from everyday to every 3 days. I will be doing an MN update at the end of March, 2008. When I started in November, 2007 I was only just below shoulder length, I am now at APL but I still won't do an actual update until March, okay?

Be back soon.

okay i posted some update photos in my fotki the info is in my profile!! sorry they're so blurry i took them with an old camera that i think had grease on the lens or something..also the style is 2 days old!! but you can see the growth...and the thinning.....i dun think stretching is 4 me.

Last edited:
I made the most divine mix today :)

I used a tub of the doo go hair vitalizer (original triple strenght) instead of sulphur 8 for sulphur

MTG (I gave some of the clear bit to my flatmate- its seemingly useless but she wanted it:lachen:) I used the potent sulphur ridden bottom

I added some wonder 8 oil, a blend of oils (I was trying to mask the smell cuz I had no essential oils at that point)

I also added some carrot oil

and 20 drops of tee tree oil

and about 40 of lavender oil,

and 20 drops of pepermint (I love the smell)

and of course a tube of MN, didnt want to use too much since the mix is potent anyway

I got about 2 80z bottles, then I put it in the fridge.:yep: It felt wonderful when I applied, the oil didnt gush anywhere, just sat in place to be massaged in since it was cold. it tingled too...wonderful:grin:

Hi ladies,

Still going strong with MN. I'm wearing a half wig right now. I'll check my progress sometime in April, dust my ends and then again at the endof June.

I also decided to spritz my hair once a day with water and once a day with Scurl.

I'm praying that I can capitalize on MN and the moisture benefits from water & Scurl.

i am still in the race with MN. i have 2 mixtures that i rotate.

1. that iaec06 started with at first
2. MN and some EOs. (could last 2 wks using every other day)
1 tube MN (2%)
10 drops orange/rosemary/tea tree/clove/lavender

mix with my finger and apply sparingly. You don't need huge amounts to get your whole head covered. then lightly massage the scalp.

I've taken a short break as I have in a sew-in and is waiting until I take it out to continue with my MN mix. 5 more weeks break to go. I did get 1 and 1/2 inches of growth in 2 months so needless to say, this is a stple of mine. I am in a low mani challenge right now and I can't wait to return to putting on my MN again.

I'm not in the challenge but I've been using my mix since beginning of Feb. I have little tight curls of new growth already and my last relaxer was Jan 13. I usualy don't see new growth for 2-3 months, my perms always last a REALLY long time. It's was normal for me to relax every 4 to 6 months before I knew what stretching was!

here's my mix:

1/2 tube of MN 2%
1oz Castor Oil
1oz Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Sublimed Sulfur

I put this mix in a color applicator that shows oz measurements. It really makes it easy for me to stay on track and the pointy tip keeps me from using too much. The coconut oil gets stiff if it gets too cold. I just put it near the heater and give it a good shake.

I try to use at 2 to 3 times a week and co-wash on the nites I don't MN. :rolleyes:

I thought using MN on hair was crazy until I joined the LHCF. Now I'm off to purchase these ingredients and do my two month test. :spinning:

Back