MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

okay i posted some update photos in my fotki the info is in my profile!! sorry they're so blurry i took them with an old camera that i think had grease on the lens or something..also the style is 2 days old!! but you can see the growth...and the thinning.....i dun think stretching is 4 me.

I was going to leave a comment for you in your fotki but that feature is disabled. So i'll leave it here: that is some good growth girl.

I was going to leave a comment for you in your fotki but that feature is disabled. So i'll leave it here: that is some good growth girl.

oh is it...i wonder why!!! but thank you!!!! ok it was set for only my fotki friends to leave comments i just changed it to anybody seeing as i have no fotki friends!!!....lol

Last edited:
On average how long does it take for you to see results. I have started using the mix almost on week, however, I'm in cornrows. When should I expect to see some results?

Thanks ladies

On average how long does it take for you to see results. I have started using the mix almost on week, however, I'm in cornrows. When should I expect to see some results?

Thanks ladies

I saw results within the first 2 weeks. Don't ask me how much. check out my growth: Details are in my fotki

Last edited:
Wow, that's alot of growth. I'm using the mn mix now and my scalp is itching me non stop. I was not sure if it's the synthetic hair that I have in my cornrows or the mn mix

Wow, that's alot of growth. I'm using the mn mix now and my scalp is itching me non stop. I was not sure if it's the synthetic hair that I have in my cornrows or the mn mix

my hair grows the best with synthetic kanekalon in braids.......i cant wait
until i get my sew-in im hoping for 3 inches between 3/8 and 6/7!!!:grin:

Hello Ladies,

I have lurked around this thread for a while. The wonderful progress and different recipes you ladies have shared has really inspired me to take the MN plunge.

I do not have a complete regime yet because I'm a newbie still working things out but I went ahead and purchased the ingredients for my MN mix and used a small portion tonight as I rolled my freshly dominican salon blown out hair that was destroyed by my step aerobics class tonight. The picture in my signature is from yesterday and shows my starting point.

here is my mix:
2 tubes FD MN
2 tblspn olive oil
3 oz grape seed oil
CD hair balm (not sure how much)
1/2 small jar of sulfur 8
2 tblspns of ORS carrot oil

Will post pics of progress in 30 days.

About my hair: I'm 5 weeks post relaxer and trying to make it to 8 weeks (then 12 weeks)for the first time. I went through a period of severe breakage and shedding and had two trims over 3 days (last Friday & yesterday). Yeah long story of why I had to have my ends "trimmed" over 3 days. Anywho I'm hoping those areas that experienced the breakage and shedding will really respond to this mix. Some overall growth would not hurt either.

Happy hair growth ladies!

Hello Ladies,

I have lurked around this thread for a while. The wonderful progress and different recipes you ladies have shared has really inspired me to take the MN plunge.

I do not have a complete regime yet because I'm a newbie still working things out but I went ahead and purchased the ingredients for my MN mix and used a small portion tonight as I rolled my freshly dominican salon blown out hair that was destroyed by my step aerobics class tonight. The picture in my signature is from yesterday and shows my starting point.

here is my mix:
2 tubes FD MN
2 tblspn olive oil
3 oz grape seed oil
CD hair balm (not sure how much)
1/2 small jar of sulfur 8
2 tblspns of ORS carrot oil

Will post pics of progress in 30 days.

About my hair: I'm 5 weeks post relaxer and trying to make it to 8 weeks (then 12 weeks)for the first time. I went through a period of severe breakage and shedding and had two trims over 3 days (last Friday & yesterday). Yeah long story of why I had to have my ends "trimmed" over 3 days. Anywho I'm hoping those areas that experienced the breakage and shedding will really respond to this mix. Some overall growth would not hurt either.

Happy hair growth ladies!

good mix.
can't wait to see your updates.

I wish you the best growth girly! I thought the Kanekalon was a little hard on hair

thanx....if you look on growafrohairlong.com they explain a method of removing the alkaline base from the kanekalon hair which is the likely reason for people experiencing scalp irritation and other hair problems with the kanekalon........if you soak it in vinegar water until the white film comes of the night b4 braiding it might not irritate ur scalp as much that's what i do.maybe that's why i never get any breakage....hmmm

Are most relaxed MN users protective styling? My hair is just too oily to do anything with, so during this time of MN use I am forced to bun daily. I just have to keep telling myself that this is temporary until I reach my goal! Keep up the good fight ladies!:grin:

Are most relaxed MN users protective styling? My hair is just too oily to do anything with, so during this time of MN use I am forced to bun daily. I just have to keep telling myself that this is temporary until I reach my goal! Keep up the good fight ladies!:grin:

mine's isnt that oily its more creamy

Tommorow will be week one of using my MN mixture. i did end up adding some peppermint oil in it. Before using MN I rarely used any type of oil on my head. Adjusting to having this mixture in my hair was interesting. I wore my hair in a bun the majority of the time this past week and I washed my hair twice instead of my usual once a week routine. I have not noticed any significant changes but I'm going to give it 30 days before I weigh in on MN.

Grow long & strong ladies!

I am definitely staying on the MN bandwagon! This stuff works (but I will say that mine is mixed with BT and other oils, so I'm sure it's both of them). I used BT by itself and got mad knaps quick, but I haven't used MN by itself.

Here is a pic of my ng after a 12 week stretch; I switched from the AmericaRx brand of MN after about 3 or 4 weeks of seeing no results, so these results are actually more from mid-December 07 to mid-Feb 08.

Happy growing!

ng after 3 months.jpg

**sorry the pic is kinda blurry; you may want to not click on it to see the ng**

Is it absolutely necessary to use sulfur in the MN mix? I find that it makes my hair really greasy even when I dont use a lot. The last batch I made was oily today I made a new bunch and used:

Family dollar MN
S2S moisturizer
10 drops of wild growth
10 drops of wild growth light moisturizer

Results moist not greasy hair! I want to use the sulfur thinking it will give me more growth. Is that true?

sorry so late...my computer was stolen with other things...took a couple of months to replace things...

RECIPE
1 tube Monistat
1/2 jar of small sulfur 8 grease, Shea butter and aloe grease
few drops of rosemary and peppermint oil
coconut oil and castor oil, WGHO, olive oil
africas best oil

1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT? start date 11/07
SUGGESTIONS / SPECIAL NOTES YOU WISH TO ADD? I don't melt anything. I get greases that melt like butter in the warmth of your hand. They make it easier to stir/whip everything together.

2. Once the mixture is applied to the scalp, is it o.k. to then massage and rub it in? I apply my mixture to the hair and massage it in from there.

3. How often is the mixture applied to the scalp? Daily? Every other day? Twice a week? I apply my mix every other day.

4. Can you explain other aspects of your regimen like shampoos/conditioner/deep conditioners/moisturizers? I wash/shampoo and deep condition with cholesterol and ORS pack once a week. I prepoo with oil and cheapie cond. ( I usually like to co-wash daily with Suave, V05, Herbal Essences Replenishing conditioner then wash and condition with protein at the end of the week.) Right now I have stopped daily co-washes because of time and to cut back on manipulation.
leave ins - MN mix, Dove Moisturizing mist
texlaxing every 16 weeks

5. Is this mixture drying? Does your scalp dry out? No and no.
6. Do you use any other growth aid? Topical or otherwise? I take prenatal vitamins and hair, skin and nails vitamins.

7. No side effects like headaches, dry scalp, dandruff? I have always gotten headaches every now and then. I have not noticed a difference or increase.

Last edited:
Is it absolutely necessary to use sulfur in the MN mix? I find that it makes my hair really greasy even when I dont use a lot. The last batch I made was oily today I made a new bunch and used:

Family dollar MN
S2S moisturizer
10 drops of wild growth

Results moist not greasy hair! I want to use the sulfur thinking it will give me more growth. Is that true?

You could get Flowers of Sulfur (sulfur powder). I believe its sold in drug stores or you can buy it online.

I am definitely staying on the MN bandwagon! This stuff works (but I will say that mine is mixed with BT and other oils, so I'm sure it's both of them). I used BT by itself and got mad knaps quick, but I haven't used MN by itself.

Here is a pic of my ng after a 12 week stretch; I switched from the AmericaRx brand of MN after about 3 or 4 weeks of seeing no results, so these results are actually more from mid-December 07 to mid-Feb 08.

Happy growing!

View attachment 10667

**sorry the pic is kinda blurry; you may want to not click on it to see the ng**

Hi,

I started using MN last night. At the moment, all I have in mine is
MN 2% and Sulphur 8 light
I'm going to add a few other oils (coconut oil, tea tree and rosemary oil) but they're not here yet.

Anyway, what does BT mean?

Bless

Family dollar MN
S2S moisturizer
10 drops of wild growth

you could try the powder sulfur that you buy online...that would eliminate the grease in the sulfur 8 if that's the grease you're talking about, im going to add that to my mix along with other things.....oh nevermind i see someone has already said it...

Hi,

I started using MN last night. At the moment, all I have in mine is
MN 2% and Sulphur 8 light
I'm going to add a few other oils (coconut oil, tea tree and rosemary oil) but they're not here yet.

Anyway, what does BT mean?

Bless

Boundless Tresses...nappylady (i think that's her screen name) sells it. i think the site is growthspecific.com

just to update: beginning next week, or whenever my supplies get here...i'm going to change my recipe a little bit: i'm going to add the powdered sulfur to my existing mix along with WGO and Doogro (i got good growth with these 2 before the MN) so my new mix will be

Family Dollar MN
Sulfur 8
Peppermint EO
Rosemary EO
Coconut oil
Africa's Best oil
Vatika oil
WGO
Doogro
Cactus oil (maybe)

and then im going to make a seperate moisturizing spray with
surge