MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

i have been researching MN and its awesome results for a min. now and i am def. in! :grin: i actually bought a Fam Dollar Tube on Sunday and have been using it for about two days now.

my mix:

MN Fam Dollar Brand 2%
Dr. Miracle's Gro Oil (for the tingle :yep:)

just one question: i am wearing my hair with flat twists in the front and a phony pony bun in the back so every night i rub a pea-sized blob of MN into my parts in the front and then part my hair in the back and do the same and follow up the MN with the Dr. Miracle's. is that enough MN? should i be applying more or less?

thanks ladies and happy growing!!!!

I think that's pretty good. i massage mine in before baggying and tying up at night. because you don't have a whole lot of other oils or stuff in your mix, you are probably getting more of the MN on your hair than some of us might be who use a few more oils and such.

ARR

i hope it works :grin:. i also have been making sure to moisturize my hair strands and ends with ORS Carrot Oil and seal with Coconut Oil twice a day since i have read the MN tends to dry hair out. and just learning now how to deal with texlaxed hair, i need all the moisture i can get! i love ur hair in ur siggy by the way arr1216! my goal right now is to get to ur length just so i can make a decent pony tail instead of the baby stump i have now :lachen:

i am just keeping my fingers crossed that i'll get those 1inch per month results like some of the others, then i'll be set!!!!

I can't say that I have experienced this but maybe others have.

Ok...so i'm going to try this. I have been using BT off and on, can i use MN along with BT? Also I don't get the whole heating thing, what are you ladies heating the MN cream? TIA

How soon after a fresh relaxer is it ok to resume using MN?

It is suggested to cease using the MN about 1 week before your relaxer but after the relaxer, I use mine within 4 or 5 days of my relaxer although I believe you can do so immediately. I just like experience my fresh relaxer for a few days before I put anything in it.

Ok...so i'm going to try this. I have been using BT off and on, can i use MN along with BT? Also I don't get the whole heating thing, what are you ladies heating the MN cream? TIA

I mix my BT with my MN and I never heat it up because I really feel that you change the healing/growth properties of the MN when you heat it, afterall, we never heat it up to put on feet with fungus or a yeast infection now do we?

I requested that this thread be a sticky and I am so glad that it was granted .. because there are so many wonderfl recipes in here and lots of ladies had a hard time finding it . thanks you all. peace

It is suggested to cease using the MN about 1 week before your relaxer but after the relaxer, I use mine within 4 or 5 days of my relaxer although I believe you can do so immediately. I just like experience my fresh relaxer for a few days before I put anything in it.
I agree with this I always wait atleast a week after a relaxer because I want to enjoy atleast a week of my relaxer . :grin:

I mix my BT with my MN and I never heat it up because I really feel that you change the healing/growth properties of the MN when you heat it, afterall, we never heat it up to put on feet with fungus or a yeast infection now do we?

I also agree with this I NEVER heat it . I think that heating can ruin the properties in the MN

I am almost done with my batch of the mix and I am going to try some of these mixes to see how they compare . you all have awesome mixes BTW

Going to family dollar today- yahoo!! I will let you know what is going in my mix. I am prone to headaches so thinking I will only use every other day and start w/ half a tube w/add ins. Has anyone noticed thick ness with their mix?

Thank you...Agie and iaec06

So this weekend I'm going to make a batch. I'll get the MN and pour my BT in there, along with some jojoba oil and sweet almond oil. What do you think ladies? My hair is past shoulder length now and I want to get BSL and then WL.

Thank you...Agie and iaec06

So this weekend I'm going to make a batch. I'll get the MN and pour my BT in there, along with some jojoba oil and sweet almond oil. What do you think ladies? My hair is past shoulder length now and I want to get BSL and then WL.

Go for it MrsGrant. Many suggest adding some organic virgin coconut oil as well and have gotten amazing hair growth when added to the MN. I like the almond and jojoba oils as well. I also fiind that doing some kind of protective styling while using the MN shows you just how much hair you are able to retain with it's usage. I alternate wearing wigs and braids while using my MN. I want to continue using my MN mix until I reach BSL or MBL and then I might stop after I accomplish either of these 2 hair goals, I'll see once I get there what I want to do.

Good luck with your mixture MrsGrant.

I am looking for someone that can buy the family dollar MN for me and ship it to Canada. We can do the transaction through paypal. Could someone please volunteer. The MN in monistat does not seem to be doing anything and it is way too expensive. I pay $10 for a 15g tube. Please help.

I am looking for someone that can buy the family dollar MN for me and ship it to Canada. We can do the transaction through paypal. Could someone please volunteer. The MN in monistat does not seem to be doing anything and it is way too expensive. I pay $10 for a 15g tube. Please help.

Me too!!!! Thanks in advance!

Bumping, please help.

Bumping, please help.

Mandy, I can't help with the family dollar brand because we don't have it here in the Bahamas either but I asked someone to post the ingredients of the family dollar brand and guess what? The ingredients were the exact same ones in the brand I found on www.amazon.com. I had compared the ingredients with the ingredients from the monistat and there were a couple of differences. I was very excited when I found the ingredients to be the same and I hope you can order it online if nobody else responds.

Let me find the link for you:-
http://www.amazon.com/Miconazole-Ni...TF8&coliid=I39ZYNSS6EVCLE&colid=2M28M9DAJQFBQ

I hope this was helpful for you. I am about to go and order some more right now before they run out of stock as they often do fairly quickly. I find that they are considerably cheaper than monistat anyway because you get 3 in a pack for under $7.00. HTH.

I plan on starting MN this week b/c I did get some great growth with it when I first used it. Hopefully, I still have a tube upstairs from last year.

i want to start using this, i read somewhere that someone got great growth by using mn, hydrocotozone, and capazin

i do have a ? though, for everyone that is using thru a point tip bottle, when adding oils do you find that it solidfies in the bottle?

i want to start using this, i read somewhere that someone got great growth by using mn, hydrocotozone, and capazin

i do have a ? though, for everyone that is using thru a point tip bottle, when adding oils do you find that it solidfies in the bottle?

Hi 4mia. MY Mn mixture does not solidify but that may be because I live in the tropics where it's hot most of the time. I mix mine with about 4 different oils and a moisturizer and essential oils. Welcome to the world of MN.

Mandy, I can't help with the family dollar brand because we don't have it here in the Bahamas either but I asked someone to post the ingredients of the family dollar brand and guess what? The ingredients were the exact same ones in the brand I found on www.amazon.com. I had compared the ingredients with the ingredients from the monistat and there were a couple of differences. I was very excited when I found the ingredients to be the same and I hope you can order it online if nobody else responds.

Let me find the link for you:-
http://www.amazon.com/Miconazole-Ni...TF8&coliid=I39ZYNSS6EVCLE&colid=2M28M9DAJQFBQ

I hope this was helpful for you. I am about to go and order some more right now before they run out of stock as they often do fairly quickly. I find that they are considerably cheaper than monistat anyway because you get 3 in a pack for under $7.00. HTH.
Aggie, you are the best. Thank you so much, I will be ordering some soon.
HHG

mine does settles in the bottom of the bottle but all I do is shake it up and then it is fine

Back