MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

Hey Ladies,

I'm natural and I co-wash everyday, if I start using MN will I be wasting to much of my mixture?

Have you found that you get better results leaving it in for a few days or does it even matter?

I actually never posted but started this about 6 weeks ago... I did it consistently for 4 weeks... 1 week on 1 week off! I got about 1 inch of growth in that 1 month. Since I went off for the week before my relaxxer which I got yesterday I will be going back on in a few days...

My mix is pretty simple as my hair doesn't like a lot of oil.

I mix 2 tubes of MN
Even amounts of CD mair milk(love how light it is)
Lacio lacio leave in
CD Lisas hair elixir(love all the peppermint in this!!)

Thats it!

I actually never posted but started this about 6 weeks ago... I did it consistently for 4 weeks... 1 week on 1 week off! I got about 1 inch of growth in that 1 month. Since I went off for the week before my relaxxer which I got yesterday I will be going back on in a few days...

My mix is pretty simple as my hair doesn't like a lot of oil.

I mix 2 tubes of MN
Even amounts of CD mair milk(love how light it is)
Lacio lacio leave in
CD Lisas hair elixir(love all the peppermint in this!!)

Thats it!
thanks for the update and posting aswell as your recipe .

Hey Ladies,

I'm natural and I co-wash everyday, if I start using MN will I be wasting to much of my mixture?

Have you found that you get better results leaving it in for a few days or does it even matter?

I am not sure but I just wash weekly and I do hope that someone that does wash more frequently that uses MN can chime in for you ..

Hey, ladies!

I made up a batch of this with some MN from AmericaRX the first go round, about a month ago. I saw minimal results so I decided to scrap that and make a batch with the beloved MN from Family Dollar; this mix is as follows:

1 tube of Family Dollar MN
About 5-6 tablespoons of BT
Less than half a jar of Sulfur 8
About 1/3 cup (or less) of extra virgin organic coconut oil
A small dab of castor oil
About a teaspoon or more of an essential oil mix (peppermint, thyme, tea tree, rosemary, cedarwood; also a few drops of emu oil)

I mixed the MN and Sulfur 8 together (they mixed quickly and well together); I mixed the BT, essential oils and castor oil together in a separate bowl
I then warmed the coconut oil (not hot), and poured it over the MN/Sulfur mix and stirred it up; then I poured the essential oils in with it and mixed it up. This made almost exactly enough for 2-3 oz bottles.

The result is a light, yellow mixture; it's kinda greasy so I use it sparingly 3 times a week (I have cornrows right now). Oh, yeah, to combat the heavy sulfur smell, I added about 5-10 more drops of peppermint oil, but I really don't mind the smell of the sulfur, though.

I hope this works!

Last edited:
I posted this on another of iaec's threads but I think its working. I have grey hair sproutin up and my scalp itches- which it Never does.. I heard that this is a good sign.
Gonna continue with this and Ayurveda until the end of April and then Ill straighten(lightly) for a comparison pic.

Yeah Vajayjay cream!!!!

I'm starting the Ayurvedic routine in January as well and now I'm thinking about adding MN to Vatika Oil with maybe peppermint and tea tree oil to it. Hmmm.... Maybe this will finally help with the dandruff!

you know what I think this will help with the dandruff. keep us updated

Now that I finally opened my bottle of Vatika Oil, I realize that it needs to be heated to melt but I've heard of other ladies using coconut oil in their mix too. How do you keep from heating the miconazole and thus ruining its effectiveness? :perplexed

Now that I finally opened my bottle of Vatika Oil, I realize that it needs to be heated to melt but I've heard of other ladies using coconut oil in their mix too. How do you keep from heating the miconazole and thus ruining its effectiveness? :perplexed
ok just mix everything first and melt what you need to melt and lastly put the MN in the mix and whip it up .. this is what I do . I never heat my MN ok HTH

Thanks everyone for posting your recipes..I am strongly considering trying this MN thing out since everyone is posting amazing results in such a short period of time....I have a question similar to what was posted earlier but no one answered....are there any MN products that do not contain pertoleum or mineral oil?

I am assuming that the petrol is not clogging your scalp since you are experiencing growth, but I would like to know if I have options that do not include these ingredients....

Thanks everyone for posting your recipes..I am strongly considering trying this MN thing out since everyone is posting amazing results in such a short period of time....I have a question similar to what was posted earlier but no one answered....are there any MN products that do not contain pertoleum or mineral oil?

I am assuming that the petrol is not clogging your scalp since you are experiencing growth, but I would like to know if I have options that do not include these ingredients....

You can mix the MN cream with whatever you like. You don't have to use petroleum or mineral oil. Some have reported diluting it with only coconut oil and get good growth.

I'm sorry, I don't think my question was clear...the last time I looked at a tube of Monistat 7 (don't ask why :grin:) I saw that it included pertroleum or mineral oil as it's base, I guess to make it creamy or greasy & easy to apply.....so I just wanted to know if there are any MN based products that do not contain pertroleum or mineral oil?

I'm sorry, I don't think my question was clear...the last time I looked at a tube of Monistat 7 (don't ask why :grin:) I saw that it included pertroleum or mineral oil as it's base, I guess to make it creamy or greasy & easy to apply.....so I just wanted to know if there are any MN based products that do not contain pertroleum or mineral oil?

MN does come in a powder form, maybe you can use that to make your mix.

http://store.darisimall.com/968545.html

Not sure why it looks like it's in a spray can :ohwell:
ETA: Honeydew also spoke of an expensive foot cream that contains MN. Forgot the name.

Lotrimin Foot Powder

Active Ingredients: Miconazole Nitrate (2%) (Antifungal)

Inactive Ingredients: Benzethonium Chloride, Corn Starch, Kaolin, Sodium Bicarbonate, Starch/Acrylates/Acrylamide Copolymer, Zinc Oxide

How ironic that mineral oil is always such a no-no, but its actually found in our beloved Family Dollar MN.

Well, I must say that I surely don't mind using mineral oil in this form. My MN results are great!

I just made my MN concoction. It is so creamy and luxurious looking. I can't wait to see NG which I desperately need. Here is my recipe:

1 1/2 tubes MN (monistat)
1/2 jar of sulfur 8
3 tbsp Mizani Rose H2O hairdress
1 tbsp carrot oil
1 tbsp castor oil
1 tbsp EVOO

I whipped all these together with a wire whisk. I melted the Sulfur 8 before add everything else.

Fingers crossed, time to grow some serious hair:yep:

I just made my MN concoction. It is so creamy and luxurious looking. I can't wait to see NG which I desperately need. Here is my recipe:

1 1/2 tubes MN (monistat)
1/2 jar of sulfur 8
3 tbsp Mizani Rose H2O hairdress
1 tbsp carrot oil
1 tbsp castor oil
1 tbsp EVOO

I whipped all these together with a wire whisk. I melted the Sulfur 8 before add everything else.

Fingers crossed, time to grow some serious hair:yep:

Mandy, do you have any essential oils you can add? Rosemary essential oil is excellent for hair growth as well, try putting in a few drops of this, maybe 5 or 6 drops.

Is it OK to put it on if youre going to wash it out the next day, like 24 hours later?

I do this all the time. To me it doesn't matter because by the next day, that lovely tingling sensation is gone anyway, so yeah it's okay.

is anyone else using cornrows or braids with their MN mix. I was just wondering because i was planning on getting a sew in after valentine's day until the summer time while im in school but i might also want to leave it out because with this ng it should be longer than sl or cl or whatever and i was thinking about leaving it out i was wondering is everybody else still getting the same inch or so w/ just mn and no braids?

Hmm..even though I was concerned about the mineral oil content in some MN products, I am definitely going to try them anyway...apparantly the mineral oil is not inhibiting amazing growth for most of you so it can't be all bad!!:yep:

I did notice that the name brand Monistat 7 (2%) does not have mineral oil or pertroleum...but the Monistat 3 (4%) & Monistat 1 (6.5%) do have it along w/ most generic brands of either 1, 3 or 7 day formulas.

I saw that the Duane Reade generic 3 version (4%) has mineral oil but it's listed near the botton of the ingredient list which means there is not a whole lot of mineral oil in it....I'll be looking for formulas like that or purchasing the slightly more expensive Monistat 7 that does not have any mineral oil or petroleum

Thanks for the info on the foot powder but I am concerend that it may actaully dry out my already super thirsty natural 4B strands :nono: so I will stick to the creams.

I plan to purchase and start applying it this weekend...I hope I get some amazing results!!!:grin:

is anyone else using cornrows or braids with their MN mix. I was just wondering because i was planning on getting a sew in after valentine's day until the summer time while im in school but i might also want to leave it out because with this ng it should be longer than sl or cl or whatever and i was thinking about leaving it out i was wondering is everybody else still getting the same inch or so w/ just mn and no braids?

I'm using braids.

Miconazole 7 does have mineral oil. look on the right, closer to the bottom. MN 7 I'd the Family Dollar brand.

Hmm..even though I was concerned about the mineral oil content in some MN products, I am definitely going to try them anyway...apparantly the mineral oil is not inhibiting amazing growth for most of you so it can't be all bad!!:yep:

I did notice that the name brand Monistat 7 (2%) does not have mineral oil or pertroleum...but the Monistat 3 (4%) & Monistat 1 (6.5%) do have it along w/ most generic brands of either 1, 3 or 7 day formulas.

I saw that the Duane Reade generic 3 version (4%) has mineral oil but it's listed near the botton of the ingredient list which means there is not a whole lot of mineral oil in it....I'll be looking for formulas like that or purchasing the slightly more expensive Monistat 7 that does not have any mineral oil or petroleum

Thanks for the info on the foot powder but I am concerend that it may actaully dry out my already super thirsty natural 4B strands :nono: so I will stick to the creams.

I plan to purchase and start applying it this weekend...I hope I get some amazing results!!!:grin:

Back