MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

I mixed my MN with:

Grapeseed Oil
Coconut Oil
BB Growth Serum (contains HELLA essential oils)

That's it and thats' all!! :grin:

Ok I jumped in head first today...

I looked EVERYWHERE for some Neosporin AF to no avail...it seems like they have disappeared from local Rite Aids, Duane Reade's, CVS's ,etc ...I wonder why ladies :rolleyes: They do carry other versions of Neosporin but nothing w/ MN in it....

The Monistat was waaaay to expensive even when it was on sale & the generics where only like $2 cheaper.....

Fortunately I found a generic brand of MN from my local discount bargain store: Budpak Antifungal Cream Miconazole Nitrate 2% 0.5 oz (14g) for only $1.49....I saw the same cream at another discount store for $1.29 but I had already purchased the more expensive one...well at least I know of 2 locations that have not been ransacked yet!! :grin:

Boy those tubes are small....I applied it as soon as I got home....I have small natural box braids and I didn't bother making perfect parts so the cream was not really easy to apply in a straight line ...but it was cool...the cream disappeared very quickly into my scalp....I may dilute it in some water or oil and put in an applicator bottle for more even distribution....

So far, I've been feeling very slight itchies or tingles....I am periodically getting very slight almost unnoticeable headaches but it could be that I am coming down w/ a cold or something...hubby just got over his so I know I'm next :perplexed

But anyway, so far, so good...I hope to grow at LEAST an inch in 1 month...I really don't know my normal growth rate but i know it's slow & steady....

I'll update w/ progress stats & pics and I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!!!

NappyRina

I have been using my little concoction of 4% MN, coconut oil, jamacian castor oil, vitamin E, and mango butter since the middle of Nov and I am planning to get a touch up after a 12 week stretch. The new growth is out of control!:yep:

The question is, do I have to discontinue using this for a certain period of time before I relax or can I use it right up until the day of my touch up?

I have been using my little concoction of 4% MN, coconut oil, jamacian castor oil, vitamin E, and mango butter since the middle of Nov and I am planning to get a touch up after a 12 week stretch. The new growth is out of control!:yep:

The question is, do I have to discontinue using this for a certain period of time before I relax or can I use it right up until the day of my touch up?

i think a few people stop 1 wk b4 they get their relaxer

i always stop using a week b4 a relaxer and start back a week after . ladies I am so excited about this thread blowing up like this . this is very informative and aloows other to try our recipes . I am so glad some of you are finding what works for your head. and sticking to it . I was wonder if we could start a list of people who would like to get a pm reminding them not to forget to MN tonight so to speak . because i even forget and miss that norishment .

Mrs. Hicks I was wondering if you would do the honors of compiling a list of interested ladies that want a reminder and then we can pair them up in different categories goals, hair type or area of growth desired .. TIA

This is a really good thread. I have been using my MN mix for a little over a month while I had a curly sew in. I used a long pointed applicator bottle in order to get in between and under tracks. I was suprized with the results when I took my hair down. In addition to applying my MN mix at night, I baggy my enitre head as well. I'm currently at SL my first goal is to get to APL. Thanks for all the good tips.

-Mis

I'm in for the MN Challenge. Starting pic is in siggy.

This will be my mixture and will start this Saturday:

1) MN (2 tubes of Dollar General)
2) Indian Hair Growth Potion (Thyme: 2 drops, Cedarwood: 2 drops, Rosemary: 3 drops, Juniper: 1/2 tspn, Grapeseed: 4 tspns - all eo's)
3) Sulfur 8 (1 tspn)

May adjust mixture depending on the oil consistency.

(Found an obscure Dollar General location, and the shelves were stocked!! Seems only seniors work at the location so they gave me no weird looks :grin:)

This is a really good thread. I have been using my MN mix for a little over a month while I had a curly sew in. I used a long pointed applicator bottle in order to get in between and under tracks. I was suprized with the results when I took my hair down. In addition to applying my MN mix at night, I baggy my enitre head as well. I'm currently at SL my first goal is to get to APL. Thanks for all the good tips.

-Mis
VERY GOOD, I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE HAVING AWESOME RESULTS

I'm in for the MN Challenge. Starting pic is in siggy.

This will be my mixture and will start this Saturday:

1) MN (2 tubes of Dollar General)
2) Indian Hair Growth Potion (Thyme: 2 drops, Cedarwood: 2 drops, Rosemary: 3 drops, Juniper: 1/2 tspn, Grapeseed: 4 tspns - all eo's)
3) Sulfur 8 (1 tspn)

May adjust mixture depending on the oil consistency.

(Found an obscure Dollar General location, and the shelves were stocked!! Seems only seniors work at the location so they gave me no weird looks :grin:)
HEY GLAD ABOUT YOU MIX INFACT I REALLY LIKE YOUR INDIAN POTION .. KEEP USPOSTED OK:yep:

Thanks iaec07. I started using MN because of this thread about 2 weeks ago and the results are amazing. I am getting some good growth. I will post some pics when I get it straightened out. Here is my simple mix:

2 boxes of MN (in prefilled 4% applicators ans 2% tubes)
1/2 a jar of sulfer 8 (love the tingle)
3-4 tablespoons of ORG Olive Oil (reduces the oily feeling)

Okay, MN continues to amaze me! I now have at least an inch in my nape area after 1 1/2 months using MN.

Can't believe it!! I was previously natural for four years and never had an inch of hair in my nape area.

My hair is growing all over!!!

I added to the remainder of my mixture today.

I put in the other half of the family dollar MN.
10 drops of Rosemary oil
3 ounces of coconut oil, jojoba and castor oil mixed
and around a 1 tablespoon of MSM powder!

I will give this a go!! the last mixed worked great, thought I would see a little more growth so I am going to change it around a little.

I love this stuff! I've been using it almost everynight. Except on the nights when I wash my hair and I've seen almost 2.5 inches in some places :drunk: (started using this about 3 weeks to a month ago). I'm only using it at 2% MN (safeway brand) with my other ingredients. I really want to make it to chin length by june. I'm currently 9 weeks post relaxer and thinking of continuing to stretch simply b/c I don't have the time to go and get a new relaxer until another 2 weeks at least. But I'm loving the results and will continue to use. Do most people use this at 2% or 4%? I'm thinking about modifying my recipe slightly to 4% when I run out of my first mix.

I love this stuff! I've been using it almost everynight. Except on the nights when I wash my hair and I've seen almost 2.5 inches in some places :drunk: (started using this about 3 weeks to a month ago). I'm only using it at 2% MN (safeway brand) with my other ingredients. I really want to make it to chin length by june. I'm currently 9 weeks post relaxer and thinking of continuing to stretch simply b/c I don't have the time to go and get a new relaxer until another 2 weeks at least. But I'm loving the results and will continue to use. Do most people use this at 2% or 4%? I'm thinking about modifying my recipe slightly to 4% when I run out of my first mix.

girl what this is awesome news .. I know that others willlove you for thin info .. thanks and keep up the good work .

Thanks iaec07. I started using MN because of this thread about 2 weeks ago and the results are amazing. I am getting some good growth. I will post some pics when I get it straightened out. Here is my simple mix:

2 boxes of MN (in prefilled 4% applicators ans 2% tubes)
1/2 a jar of sulfer 8 (love the tingle)
3-4 tablespoons of ORG Olive Oil (reduces the oily feeling)
where did you get the org olive oil from .. TIA

Okay, MN continues to amaze me! I now have at least an inch in my nape area after 1 1/2 months using MN.

Can't believe it!! I was previously natural for four years and never had an inch of hair in my nape area.

My hair is growing all over!!!

go yodie! go yodie! girl this is great because not only can we find an affordable growth aid that is handy but we all know that it works .. :yep:

I added to the remainder of my mixture today.

I put in the other half of the family dollar MN.
10 drops of Rosemary oil
3 ounces of coconut oil, jojoba and castor oil mixed
and around a 1 tablespoon of MSM powder!

I will give this a go!! the last mixed worked great, thought I would see a little more growth so I am going to change it around a little.
ok let us know how this works for you .. :yep:

Thanks for the thread... I just started my MN today...
My mix was simple..
1 tube of 4% mn
1/2 jar hairobics grease
castor oil
vitamin E oil
Jojoba oil
coconut oil
tsp sulfur 8 grease
wildgrow oil

mixed it all together with no melting the oils.:nono:

Thanks for the thread... I just started my MN today...
My mix was simple..
1 tube of 4% mn
1/2 jar hairobics grease
castor oil
vitamin E oil
Jojoba oil
coconut oil
tsp sulfur 8 grease
wildgrow oil

mixed it all together with no melting the oils.:nono:

it is ok that you did not melt the oils because if you whipped them god it will loosen them up ok . good luck and happy growing

Back