MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

dang..these recipes are too darn complicated... one drop of this, 2 drops of that...what ever happened to K. I. S. S? I hear of many people getting results on MN alone so why we gotta be all extra with it.

And how do you know what's causing the growth if you have 17 ingredients? i dunno....but for me it's just this simple:

1. MN
2. Coconut oil

This mix got me 1.5 inches in five weeks. so take that!.. witch brewers:lachen: Besides, don't y'all know the saying...less is more

(hec i might have to turn this into my own thread)

I'm glad it works for you without sulfur cause i was afraid that since i didn't use sulfur 8 I was waisting my time. I'm not gonna measure till April cause i did a baseline measurement this month and my avatar is my base length and well see what happens. I'm also doing AAA so it'll be cumulative feedback. But I have the day to days in my journal.

Okay....I'm thinkin of gettin in on this since my MTG is done :spinning:

Which is best though...2% , 4% , Monstait, Family $ brand?

And Do you have to use Oils and stuff because it dries out the hair?

Okay....I'm thinkin of gettin in on this since my MTG is done :spinning:

Which is best though...2% , 4% , Monstait, Family $ brand?

And Do you have to use Oils and stuff because it dries out the hair?

I use the 2% but I am sure 4% will do the same . as far as for oils what ever you feel compliments your hair is fine for you ok. happy growing .

dang..these recipes are too darn complicated... one drop of this, 2 drops of that...what ever happened to K. I. S. S? I hear of many people getting results on MN alone so why we gotta be all extra with it.

And how do you know what's causing the growth if you have 17 ingredients? i dunno....but for me it's just this simple:

1. MN
2. Coconut oil

This mix got me 1.5 inches in five weeks. so take that!.. witch brewers:lachen: Besides, don't y'all know the saying...less is more

(hec i might have to turn this into my own thread)

I am so glad that you are getting results from the mix that you have. However I made my mix for me and if others prefer to put more ingredients or less it is fine. I do remeber stating that whatever works for your head is fine .. this thread is all about support for those using MN and those who wish to use it . again it is good to know that you got results from your mix and I am sure others appreciate your post aswell :yep:

also I don't consider this my thread so feel free to answer any questions or concerns regarding your experiences regarding MN to interested ladies ok .... PEACE....

I started and got one inch of growth in a month and then I got lazy...now, I'm alternating weekly between no manipulation one week and the next, every other day aftere co washing, I apply my mn mix which consists of Hollywood beauty castor oil grease, 2% MN (Monistat) and Tucuma butter. The first batch I made was hollywood beauty, mango butter, almond oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, alma oil and 2% MN. They both give me headaches but Its bearable

I am so glad that you are getting results from the mix that you have. However I made my mix for me and if others prefer to put more ingredients or less it is fine. I do remeber stating that whatever works for your head is fine .. this thread is all about support for those using MN and those who wish to use it . again it is good to know that you got results from your mix and I am sure others appreciate your post aswell :yep:

also I don't consider this my thread so feel free to answer any questions or concerns regarding your experiences regarding MN to interested ladies ok .... PEACE....

Your exactly right. I was just looking at the some of the ingredients like dang. But your right about different stuff working for different people.

I made my mix today after waiting forever and a day for my 10% sulfur ointment(that I didnt even use). I mixed one tube of Family Dollar MN, castor oil, left over BT, remainder of my MTG, a cap of amla, couple drops of rosemary EO, and Peppermint EO( I need to add more, I cant feel the tingle:grin:). Once this is gone I will plan one making a mix using the10% sulfur ointment rosemary and peppermint, almond and castor oil and of course family dollar MN.

I am a newbie here and I have a confession to make. After much lurking on the MN board I decided to quietly give it a try. If it worked great, if it didn't I'd try something else. After just using it for just 2 weeks my hair was thicker than it had ever been and my sides and nape are growing back in quite nicely. Now I have been using it a month, and my hair is getting so thick...I even broke a comb in it!! I just made a new jar because the first time I had only made a little bit. This stuff is great!!

I am a newbie here and I have a confession to make. After much lurking on the MN board I decided to quietly give it a try. If it worked great, if it didn't I'd try something else. After just using it for just 2 weeks my hair was thicker than it had ever been and my sides and nape are growing back in quite nicely. Now I have been using it a month, and my hair is getting so thick...I even broke a comb in it!! I just made a new jar because the first time I had only made a little bit. This stuff is great!!

What did you mix your mn with?

Mine was a true "witch's brew" lol

isoplus natural remedy avacado oil conditioner
20 drops rosemary
20 drops peppermint
WGHO
a tsp of ORS scalp stimulant
2 tube 2% MN (family dollar brand)

Should make a 4oz jar. Also after I apply it to my scalp I massage my scalp for a good 5 mins and put on my satin cap (i only apply it b4 bed).

Congrats on all the growth everyone's getting. I tried MN before but only for a week becauei w orried about the mineral oil/petroleum that was in the Monistat cream. Are there any that contain neither? If so, then I'll add it to my MTG concoction. I've already gotten 3/4" last month when I normally get 1/4"-1/2" in the winter months hopefully I can get 1" in a month to elevate my "baller status":yep:

Mine was a true "witch's brew" lol

isoplus natural remedy avacado oil conditioner
20 drops rosemary
20 drops peppermint
WGHO
a tsp of ORS scalp stimulant
2 tube 2% MN (family dollar brand)

Should make a 4oz jar. Also after I apply it to my scalp I massage my scalp for a good 5 mins and put on my satin cap (i only apply it b4 bed).

Thank you, sweetheart! :kiss:

I may try this after my relaxer...

10122007-vi.jpg

:ohwell: I thought the picture would show up but it's too large. Anywho that a look let me know what you think?

Well I've been using my mn mix since 11/20. I guess today is the month check in but my mom's not here with her digicam (which doesn't work half the time anyways) yet. So you guys will have to take my word for it lol. My MN mix is:
1 tube of Family dollar MN
bb moisturizing lotion
surge plus 14
1 4oz. jar sulfur 8
tea tree oil
wonder six (or eight or whatever) oil
sometimes castor oil (when i remember)
10 drops rosemary EO
10 drops peppermint EO
I only measure the EO's because they're expensive. Everything I else I slap in until my applicator bottle is full and i only melt the sulfur 8 (by the way this only makes 1 applicator bottle which lasts me like 3-4 weeks). I apply it every other night before I put on my silk scarf and it has a very creamy, cool, tingly texture/ feeling. So since I put in my cornrows on 11/20 it seems my hair has grown different lengths in different places. Now my SO taught me this really cool way of measuring things without a tape (it was while I was harassing him to tell me how much ng I had cuz i couldnt tell). He used to be a welder and he told me that from the tip of your finger to your first joint is 1 inch and to the next joint is 2 inches and to where it meets your hand 3 inches (I think this is what he told me). anyways in the back where it grows the fastest I have almost 2 inches (to the second joint), in the middle of my head I have like 1.5 inches, and the front i have a solid inch (one finger joint). Unfortunately i dont have a cam yet but trust i gain nothin from lying and i wouldnt neway and i do have cornrows in too which makes my hair grow fast also

Last edited:
Hey Ladies!!! I just started using MN this week!!! I hope it's not too late! :rolleyes:

I used a whole tub of MN 7
Some Peppermint oil
Coconut oil
Mango Butter

That's it! :grin:

I first applied on Monday...then again last night. As of today, my scalp has been a little sore...more so tender to the touch, but a couple of the ladies have been saying that it may be a growth spurt! :spinning: I hope so!! :spinning:

I wanna see! I wanna see!

(side note- I found 10% sulfur ointment with no oils at Walgreens in the Hispanic hair care section. Its made in Paramount California ( so it's content has to be regulated )and says:
  • penetrates pores of the skin
  • dries and clears pimples and blackheads
  • helps to keep new pimples from forming
  • oil free, water washable base.
It doesnt seem to smell as bad as I remember sulfur8 smelling- or was that the Black Dax??

I don't have pics to post b/c my temple area wasn't visibly noticeable to most but I knew they were thin due to postpartum hair loss. I started using the MN mix on my temples and rest of my scalp on November 17th. Today is December 20th & I can no longer tell exactly where the thin spots were. It definitely grew my temples back in a flash. (BTW I was also using Surge) With me being natural, it's harder to tell what my growth was in inches. Maybe I'll do measurements the next time I flat iron & flat iron again in a month or so & see if I'm getting the infamous inch in a month like others. Well that's my testimony...
BTW my mix is 1 tube of MN & a lil of each (didn't do any concrete measuring): BB Oil Moisturizer, Africa's Best Oil, EVOO, Castor Oil, Sulfur 8, Basil EO, Thyme EO & Peppermint EO. I'm almost out of the 1st mix that I made. I think I'm going to tweak the next one to include coconut oil & some of my Surge.

OKAY I JUST MEASURED!!!!! TOMORROW i'M OFFICIALLY 7 WEEKS POST AND I JUST MEASURED 2 INCHES OF NEW GROWTH:blush: I RELAX NEXT WEEK AND WILL POST PICS. IF THIS CONTINUES I WILL DEFINATELY MEET MY GOAL OF MIDBACK BY 4TH QUARTER OF NEXT YEAR:woot:

I'M SO FREAKIN HAPPY. I JUST LOVE YALL.. I REALLY DO:grouphug3:

Guys, I just made my mix (1T 2% MN, 2T BT, 1 T Almond Oil) but I have two quick questions:

1. My mix isn't really homogeneous - the MN is sorta sitting in clumps among the oil :ohwell: In my mind, I thought this would be a smooth, even mixture but I guess it isn't. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. I read that MN can be drying so I'm trying to up the moisture by using castor oil and almond oil right after applying the MN mixture. How are you ladies combating dryness?

MN has been an answer to prayer for me.

Started texlaxing Jan 07 and my hair has progressively gotten worse. No-lye damages my hair and lye causes my hair to break at the scalp.

My edges had broken all the way back into my hair. my nape.. was hardly ever there to begin with.

Been using MN for about a month (Family Dollar brand gives great results) and my edges are filling in.. My nape is also bushy and I have a nice amount of new growth.

I use MN straight and mixed with oil.

Just found a stylist and salon in my area that wet sets natural hair. There are no hand held blow dryers in the shop. They press the hair and curl..

Thanks to you ladies, I won't fall too far off track and I'll have that beautiful head of healthy hair.

I don't have pics to post b/c my temple area wasn't visibly noticeable to most but I knew they were thin due to postpartum hair loss. I started using the MN mix on my temples and rest of my scalp on November 17th. Today is December 20th & I can no longer tell exactly where the thin spots were. It definitely grew my temples back in a flash. (BTW I was also using Surge) With me being natural, it's harder to tell what my growth was in inches. Maybe I'll do measurements the next time I flat iron & flat iron again in a month or so & see if I'm getting the infamous inch in a month like others. Well that's my testimony...
BTW my mix is 1 tube of MN & a lil of each (didn't do any concrete measuring): BB Oil Moisturizer, Africa's Best Oil, EVOO, Castor Oil, Sulfur 8, Basil EO, Thyme EO & Peppermint EO. I'm almost out of the 1st mix that I made. I think I'm going to tweak the next one to include coconut oil & some of my Surge.
girl I am so excited for you and your growth .. I think that you have an awesome mix aswell and keep up the growing ok:yep:

OKAY I JUST MEASURED!!!!! TOMORROW i'M OFFICIALLY 7 WEEKS POST AND I JUST MEASURED 2 INCHES OF NEW GROWTH:blush: I RELAX NEXT WEEK AND WILL POST PICS. IF THIS CONTINUES I WILL DEFINATELY MEET MY GOAL OF MIDBACK BY 4TH QUARTER OF NEXT YEAR:woot:

I'M SO FREAKIN HAPPY. I JUST LOVE YALL.. I REALLY DO:grouphug3:
girl I am so happy for you and you are really growing that hair girl ...
i want to see relaxer pics ok.

Guys, I just made my mix (1T 2% MN, 2T BT, 1 T Almond Oil) but I have two quick questions:

1. My mix isn't really homogeneous - the MN is sorta sitting in clumps among the oil :ohwell: In my mind, I thought this would be a smooth, even mixture but I guess it isn't. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. I read that MN can be drying so I'm trying to up the moisture by using castor oil and almond oil right after applying the MN mixture. How are you ladies combating dryness?

as far as the dryness I have not had this problem with the mix I have the moisture from the bb and the oils help to lock it in ..so maybe you need to moisterize somehow after you add you mix to you scalp or add the moisture to your mix .. which ever you feel will work for you is fine .

Back