***** MISSNORWAY 1 YEAR POST BC *****

So my first year has been somewhat uneventful, except for a major set-back after a Dominican Blowout.
After the mishap I have been doing frequent protein and moisture treatments, using Coconut oil (if you haven't tried it yet, you should jump on it).
I am happy with my progress considering I lost between 4-5 inches of length in some areas in the nape.
Well, you live and you learn and i learned not to let ANYBODY but me touch my hair.
I will be bunning til June 2010, which will make it a year since my set-back.
Thank you ladies for all the love and support.

****DISCLAIMER***
Please disregard the A.M. face, I took today's picture right after rolling out of bed. I have lost a ton of pictures so I didin't find any from my OCTOBER 2008 BC, so the one I posted is from January 2009.

AFTER BC JANUARY 2009 TWIST-OUT:
n29410371_35137769_4045.jpg

9 MONTHS LATER OCTOBER 2009 TWIST-OUT:
IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

HERE IS ANOTHER WITH MY HAIR IN A W&G, IT IS SOMEWHAT DAMAGED BUT I HAVE GOTTEN MY CURLS BACK.
7827_634675618105_29410371_36715281.jpg

My regimen is extremely simple. I recently started using Coconut oil so I have cut down on the Co-washing. I co-wash about once a week with Pantene conditioner, then i keep it in a bun all week applying the oil before going to bed. I use the conditioner to slick my hair back in the bun and i do weekly DC and protein treatments.
I wash my scalp maybe every 5-6 weeks with castile soap, never shampooing the hair.

And that's about it.

Last edited:
Happy Nappiversary!

I'm glad you didn't cut your hair. Picture 2 is really different than picture 1 so I would say that stylist definitely put something in your hair to kill the curls. Ugh! It looks healthy now so just keep growing and enjoying your hair.

Great progress. It's really good you didn't give up on your hair :yep: In June 2010, I'm sure you'll have more wonderful progress pics. HHG!

Happy Nappiversary!

I'm glad you didn't cut your hair. Picture 2 is really different than picture 1 so I would say that stylist definitely put something in your hair to kill the curls. Ugh! It looks healthy now so just keep growing and enjoying your hair.

I posted another picture of a w&g. My texture has definitely changed, the curls are looser and not as thick as it used to be, but i can still get a curly coily wash and go.

Thanks for all the encouragement BM :rosebud:

Sorry to hear about your setback. I'm glad to see that you have recovered. Keep up the good work, your hair is looking thick and healthy. Congratulation!!

Last edited:
OMG ... Miss Norway!!!! I had no idea that you suffered a Dominican blowout mishap this summer. Where the heck have I been?!? I totally missed that thread. I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad that you were able to get your curls back. Your hair is so lovely!!! I love that wash-n-go you're sporting. :yep:

Oh your curls came back! That's great, I was wondering how that turned out. You & your hair are beautiful, congratulations :)

Looks great. love the progress! i think you were one of the ladies that wasnt too happy when you first BCed, but it looks gorgeous. keep it healthy and keep it growing.

Back