Members WITHOUT Pics, Avatars & Fotkis

I have yet to figure out how to put together a fokti. I created an account but lost patience. One day I will go back to it and try to sort things out b/c I take a ton of hair pics.

IMO,
Some people don't post pics, because they don't wear their real hair.....I protective style 100% of the time. There is nothing to see but the various wigs that I wear. Some people are camera shy......some people don't mind sharing tips and tools and participating but don't want the attention that pics can bring.....whether is be negative or positive.

What are the reasons for this? I'm curious, as this is a hair forum and pics just seem to be the best at describing hair length, condition, texture, techniques and such.

I use this forum moreso to get advice and information as needed than for growing my hair long.

I am on this site 10% of my time and usually I am only on when necessary and probbly no more than for 20 minutes.

Third I tried to take my own hair pics, but since I do not know how to work my camera well enough I can't get good shots.

Honestly, when people don't have pics, I don't pay attention to them. Unless the topic it really good, I will read their posts. There's nothing wrong with not posting pics though. However, I am on this site to get encouragement, I get that by looking at pics of women like me that are able to achieve long healthy hair (or have other hair issues that I can relate to). I am a visual person and this is a visual board as far as I'm concerned. Not saying that ANYONE is lying or anything, but you can be whatever you want to be behind your computer screen. If I didn't have pics up, I can say that I'm WL:grin: I love to see LHCF hair pics, especially progress pics! I post my own because I love seeing my progress, I'm suprised each time. If I can also be proof that our hair can grow, as I have seen on other women, I feel honored.:yep:

ETA: I take pics myself and my daughter and my daughter takes pics of me too. I don't see the harm in back of the head pics...

Ditto!!:look: However, since I don't really come on the hair board I don't care as much but I do like to know who I'm talking to. People who have no pics be talking major stuff especially on the entertainment board!!!:look::lol:

Someone once posted a thread asking everybody to post pics of their faces...I was like nope, sorry! :lachen:

There are a few reasons I don't post pics...the main one is my job. And I'm not the only one on this board who is in the public eye, they don't post pics either. Things like that can get messy.

But I was thinking of posting the back of my head...:spinning:

Yeah so that you can take Colin off!!!:spinning:

I don't have a digital camera yet, just a camera phone nor do I have a scanner. I still prefer the fabulous results of the 35 mm camera, which I used to take pictures of my hair a few years ago when Verifen Complex asked me numerous times to send some in. The quality of my two 35 mm cameras are better--pictures are sharper and clearer. :superbanana: Maybe my monitor resolution isn't set properly, but the pictures on display are nice, but not as sharp and clear as the originals I have here or the ones I sent in.

I'm not trying to be anonymous. One day I will buy a digital camera when the pictures are sharp and clear like my 35 mm photos. I hate upgrading things if they aren't broke. :nono: I haven't learned how to post avatars and fotkis yet, but I will do this once I have time to learn. :ohwell:

If anyone wants to see my pictures, just go to www.hairoil.com. Click on the "Testimonials and "Before and After" tabs. My hair is naval length or a few inches from waist length now. I'm Barbara from Beverly Hills.

Last edited:
I know there are men on the site.

Same here. I wasn't aware that there were men on the site (past, present or future), upon that discovery, I decided not to. I'm also hesitant to post pics that may end up in cyberspace without my permission or knowledge. Unfortunately it does make it difficult to take part in challenges, etc. It's funny, I was just discussing this issue with my Muslim sisters on the board.

Ironically I found this site from another forum I frequent. Unfortunately the thread was titled, "Black girl claiming to have waist lenght hair". I was directed to this site and have been a member since.

I don't have a problem with people who don't post pictures. It's really time consuming and you need to have the right equipment to present the best image.

I'm not an expert at this. Some people may think all you have to do is aim and 'shoot'. Naw-uh! :nono:

Sometimes, my backshots show too much of me.......:lol: And because my hair on my sides now hangs below my shoulders, too much cleavage gets in the shot.......... :blush3: I lose my patience and say forget it for now!

It's just too much work sometimes to be bothered. Plus I'm using a camera phone and to upload the pics I have to send it to my email from my phone and sometimes that just takes forever for them to go through. I haven't figured out how to use the USB cord with my computer at home. It's complicated as I have an older computer (9 years old) :drunk: OH Lawwwwwd! :pullhair: Enough all ready. :spinning: :lachen:

For a while I didn't have the proper camera that enabled me to 'upload' pictures and that may very well be the case for many members who do not have pictures posted.

I don't have a Fokti, because I don't have the time to deal with it. I would love to have more time to take even more pictures, but I just don't.
Gee whiz, I barely have time for my hair regime...:lachen:Enough with the pictures. :spinning:

I plan to set up a fotki some time this week. I got my camera back and I'm ready to start charting my journey. My interest has really been sparked through this site!

I will post small pics of myself from time to time, but not all the time. I was stalked for 3 years, it makes you be extra careful.

-A

I have yet to figure out how to put together a fokti. I created an account but lost patience. One day I will go back to it and try to sort things out b/c I take a ton of hair pics.
Malachi don't feel bad. :bighug: I did the same thing two years ago. I created a Fokti account and never figured out how to use it. :drunk:

It's still there..........'sittin'.........waitin'......wonderin' when / if I'm ever gonna feed it with pictures or even a comment.

Who knows ... one day I'll get to it. :rolleyes:

Used to have a fotki, but took it down after I got some weird, bad comments. It's too bad, because some ladies were very encouraging, but I just didn't want to deal with the negativity. Don't know if it was board trolls or what.

This is easy....I don't have a camera yet:look: I'm here looking for hair tips along with occasional entertainment, so I'm not in a rush to buy a camera or post a pic either. I'll get my 15 minutes of fame some other way. :lachen:

What are the reasons for this? I'm curious, as this is a hair forum and pics just seem to be the best at describing hair length, condition, texture, techniques and such.

Last edited:
Same here. I wasn't aware that there were men on the site (past, present or future), upon that discovery, I decided not to. I'm also hesitant to post pics that may end up in cyberspace without my permission or knowledge. Unfortunately it does make it difficult to take part in challenges, etc. It's funny, I was just discussing this issue with my Muslim sisters on the board.

Ironically I found this site from another forum I frequent. Unfortunately the thread was titled, "Black girl claiming to have waist lenght hair". I was directed to this site and have been a member since.
Last month I came across two boards(non hair related) with links to hair fotki's and sometimes people give out other folks fotki passwords.:ohwell:

When I first started my fotki there was some random guy from Germany all up in my fotki everyday so I put a password on certain albums.I noticed most of the people on his friends list were there for errr....adult photo sharing

Last month I came across two boards(non hair related) with links to hair fotki's and sometimes people give out other folks fotki passwords.:ohwell:

When I first started my fotki there was some random guy from Germany all up in my fotki everyday so I put a password on certain albums.I noticed most of the people on his friends list were there for errr....adult photo sharing

That site was non hair related also. Giving out folks album passwords, daily visits from that guy, adult sharing photos..see this is what I'd like to avoid.

That site was non hair related also. Giving out folks album passwords, daily visits from that guy, adult sharing photos..see this is what I'd like to avoid.

I understand completely. Something just told me to google his name to see what would pop up.A youtube page with a ton of hair videos came up and a hair fotki with him asking for a password saying he was a "Fan" of hers.wow wow wow

I keep getting messages about why I don't have an album. I have a fotki, but it's empty and I don't have a good reason as to why. Oh, I know, cause there's limited space and they want you to pay. I'm a web designer, so I'm making my own album with unlimited space that will be up soon.

• Some like the anonymity.
  • Some women's SO/DH have a problem with it.
  • Some don't have a scanner/or digital camera
  • Some women are waiting to feel more comfortable and then they will post.
  • Some have stalkers who know about this site and it is safer for them to remain pic-less.

my reason, kids promised me a camera and one never showed up

I probably wouldn't make my Fotki public, but when I have progress and my hair is a decent length, I will post pics (of the back of my head only) that document it. Probably in a pikistrip or something. I don't think people who don't have pics should be ignored, and I thank the members who have not ignored me.

I just got a fotki account the other day. I haven't paid for my subscription because I lost my debit card :wallbash: and I'm waiting on the replacement. I don't have that many hair pics but I plan to add the ones I already have.

I just got a fotki account the other day. I haven't paid for my subscription because I lost my debit card :wallbash: and I'm waiting on the replacement. I don't have that many hair pics but I plan to add the ones I already have.

I didn't know Fotki charged a fee for their services..

As of now my fotki is locked because ive been updating but i was going to open it back up.As most of you know im not yet of the age 18 and my mother has a big problem with me having a fotki and now i even have some real pics of me in general....off topic but i really dont like myspace either had one not such a good experince ever since that situation im Officially AGAINST IT! but it seems on fotki it is way more easier access to peoples profile/fotki than myspace....i have alot of unknown fotki visitors lately....i think i will keep my fotki password protected and make it available to only lhcf members are open every 3 months than lock it for my mother!!!:look:

I did have an avatar up but, took ot dowm b/c you ever know who is online doing what. I own a business and have seen scammers do some stupid stuff, I also havea blog and some of the content has ended up on some weird sites.

I know it's just hair but, I don't want my face all over the web. I have fotki but, it is password protected and it has very few pics, I am just too paranoid.

I wish I was as computer savvy.
I triied to attach a picture to my siggy :wallbash:
I just really figured out how to respond...barely!
I have a picture of when my hair was relaxed...but the date, who knows?
I have another picture of me transitioning in twists, but it's not close up.
Right now my hair is a hot mess, I wear phony ponies.
I could never really explain my regimen because I don't follow it closely, and most times I go to the salon, and I have no idea what she puts in my hair.
There you have it a ton of excuses...all to really say I'm just not worthy!

Ummm, I'm Muslim and don't show my hair to men who aren't related to me. I also don't show my hair to women unless I know that they are not going to let a man see my hair or describe my hair to a man (Sure, I know that many ladies wouldn't purposely do this, but how easy is it to be looking at a picture, get distracted and walk off, then have someone else, i.e. your dh, hop on the computer right quick?).

So, no pics over this way.

Back