Meet up at the airport: New obline dating approach ( it is secure)

Dellas

Who says you have to wait alone in a bar or at the gate during your next airport sojourn? You could be shopping for a mate instead. MeetAtTheAirport.com allows solo travelers to arrange meet-ups with strangers — for coffee, drinks, or just conversation. The website has just soared to the 80,000-member mark, a press release says. "Share a drink with an attractive stranger in the totally safe environment of a public airport," the website's home page urges. "Perhaps, share a brunch or romantic dinner while waiting for your flight and explore the enticing possibilities that are presented to you. Here's how it works: You fill out an online questionnaire with the usual dating-site info, such as age, ethnicity, height and weight (yeah, better to pick "muscular" rather than "overweight"). One category asks you whether you drink, and offers multiple options including "heavy drinker," "I have a drinking problem" and "I need a drink now." That's sure to widen the pool of possibilities! You enter your home airport, relationship status (one option: "It's too complicated to explain") and check what you're looking for (a serious or casual relationship, or just someone to pass the time with at the airport). Once registered, you can enter itineraries to find a compatible match. A similar site, Planely.com, matches members who are taking the same flight, enabling a date or conversation to make flying more appealing. And KLM Airlines has a "Meet & Seat" option for flights to and from Amsterdam that lets participating passengers link up via social media. What do you think, readers? Have any of you used these options? Or did you meet someone fascinating at the airport via your own devices?

New Online approach

Between autocorrect and fat finger texting ... Ah I hate texting ... I need to stop

Interesting idea. At least you know they have been screen through security and they are not on a do not fly list. Other than seemingly a place for married people to fake being single, it sounds like a viable option to meet someone. However, it also sounds like a one night stand hook up site for people who are only in town for the night.

Interesting idea. At least you know they have been screen through security and they are not on a do not fly list. Other than seemingly a place for married people to fake being single, it sounds like a viable option to meet someone. However, it also sounds like a one night stand hook up site for people who are only in town for the night.

This is done any- and everywhere. There are lots of people to there who are actually single, or in a relationship and not stepping out on their mate. No need to zero in on the losers, because cheaters are everywhere.

I don't think this is a new concept. I've heard of this before. There's a company that will even arrange for you to sit next to a date. There's an advertisement for it in an in flight magazine.

I met dh at the airport. We were in line at security .. I was ahead of him. When I got through I sat down to put on my boots and he was right next to me. When I looked up I saw him and he reminded me of someone from back home. I said hi and that he looks very very much like so and so. We spoke briefly then went our separate ways. Then he came back to my gate and we spoke some more and exchanged email addresses.....that was back in December 2006... well to this day he says I was hitting on him.

Back