MBL 2010

I am back in LOW mode again. I am wearing my half wigs, with a slice of bang pulled out and gelled back. :D I am wearing Outre Ruby right now giving my Elise Freetress equal a break. LOL!

I've gained an 1in. in 4 weeks using BT. I can't really see my actual length, because it's braided and I'm 21 weeks post. Now I'm eager to know my length. This would allow me to estimate what length I'll be once my stretch has ended.

Last edited:
Me too, MBL twin! I am 11 weeks post and am stretching another 9 weeks until the first weekend in May (my bday month). :grin: I am really close and I will definitely make it, but the question is will I still be MBL after the trim? :( This is why I'm not claiming it yet.

Girl you know you are already there!!!! Love your hair.. I am so impressed you are stretching that long!!! i couldnt do it, the longest I think is 14 weeks for me whew, it was a nappy forest in there!! You will probably be waist by then, wouldnt that be a pleasant surprise??

Would love to see pics after your relaxer :look:

I am going in a couple of hours and will have my stylist take pics on my phone. can u walk me thru how to load them on here!! Yall know I have been on the board a while and am a doofus at this. So, please chime in and help. help will be needed!!:yep:

I am checking in. I have been rocking cornrows under a wig for the last month. I have not straighten since January and probally will not not do a length check until June. My starting length was APL and it is still about that length. Everything seems to bw going good.

All is well with my hair but I'm so anxious to do a length check. I'll have to wait. Just finished my first box of viviscal. I'm on a roll!:grin:

I am going in a couple of hours and will have my stylist take pics on my phone. can u walk me thru how to load them on here!! Yall know I have been on the board a while and am a doofus at this. So, please chime in and help. help will be needed!!:yep:

You can upload the pics via email to photobucket.com, or some other photo storage site, and then paste the link created into your post. Photobucket is free, btw.

ok took my update pics on my phone, anybody with patience let me know..

Okay, I've never put a phone picture on the computer but if you can get the pic from the phone to the computer I can help you from there....

Save the photo under "My Pictures" on your computer
When you are posting go to the paperclip "Attachments" and when the window pops up browse and upload from where you saved your pic
Upload after you click on your pic
Once uploaded you then see your attachment in the paperclip icon pulldown....click on it and it will be inserted

................I hope u understood all of that...........:ohwell:

Last edited:
Checking in. I've been here a year now and have gone from sl to a little past apl. I figure I'm about 1/2" or so from bsl (stretched). My goal is to be bsb/bsl by my wedding May 8th. I'll post pics next time I get my hair straightened some time this month. Good to know so many are doing well. I get a little impatient sometimes and need to hear from you positive ladies here.

btw: Butterfly, shouldn't you be in the mbl to wl challenge? I think you'll be there before the year is up. You're a real inspiration. Keep it up!

I'm glad this thread popped up on the first page because I haven't checked in since January. I've been sporting twists for the past three weeks, and LOVING the low maintenance! On the first set of twists, I got so lazy that I didn't moisturize my ends the way I should have...nor did I take my vitamins. So with this new set of twists (got them done last Saturday), I'm trying to seal my ends at least every other night and I'm back on track with taking my vitamins.

I did get a little bit cut off on Saturday (I hadn't trimmed since my BC last August, so I definitely needed it). So, I'm kind of eager to see where my length is now.

Here is my length check for January:

picture.php

Last edited:
Ms Coco, you have beautiful hair. Anybody, have a problem looking at their hair too much. I seriously need to stay out of the mirror until my next length check, which is the beginning of May.

Thanks Nikki! I have the same problem...at least I had the same problem until I started getting the twists done. They've been really saving me from living in front of the mirror. :yep:

*raises hand* I'm always finding some way to look at my hair. I shouldn't have had to touch my hair for a good 3 or 4 days (my twist bun), but nooooo. I've taken my bun down a good 5 or 6 times in the 2 days it's been in :lachen:. I was thinking about hiding my hair under a headwrap for extra protection (kinda like a wig), but I know that I would go into HIH shock :spinning:. I need to be able to see and touch my hair at any moment. LOL!

Ms Coco, you have beautiful hair. Anybody, have a problem looking at their hair too much. I seriously need to stay out of the mirror until my next length check, which is the beginning of May.

I didn't until this past touch up of color 3 weeks ago. I see my dark roots growing in and I'm tempted to measure it haha. It's a sickness.

Checking in. I'll be doing lots of braidouts twists/twistouts and curly styles from now until...until.
I'm also going to start seriously working on my edges, my temples seem thinner :(

subscribing. i may join if i get to 2010 and MBL looks feasible.

good luck to all :)
three months and a day later...i am joining. i am aiming for BSL by june 13th and MBL by october 13th. if i don't make it by my 23rd birthday, that leaves me 2.5 months to try to make it before 2010 is over.

i was in a serious car accident two days after posting in here, and laying in that hospital time gave my hair plenty of time to get matted and tangled...so as soon as it was feasible, i got to hardcore protective styling. i may or may not have had a setback with the detangling that followed the matting (i wasn't able to do it, thus i wasn't able to go slowly, pour on gobs of VO5, use a shower comb, etc, and length checks in the hospital are kinda hard) so i am acting as if i did. i put in two strand twists in rehab, and from there, my 6 month personal HYH challenge was born. i went into box braids as soon as i got home, and now i am in crochet braids. senegalese twists will follow this, then another set of crochet braids. i am sticking to washing every 2 weeks, and moisturizing when i remember (3ish times a week) with african royale braid spray and aloe vera gel.

now that that's established and it's official...let me go back to where i left off to see what amazing progress my fellow challengers have made!

I have just taken my braids down.
My front is CBL, the sides touch my nipple and the back is BSL. I want thick MBL hair by dec 2010 so I'll just measure the sides. I will consider I have reached my goal when my sides are mid back length.

My regimen:

Wash as needed (every 7 to 10 days) with any shampoo.
Put hair in four braids.
Wet hair.
Pour diluted shampoo on the scalp, massage well.
Rinse

Undo one braid, apply oil from mid length to the ends while smoothing the hair.
Do the same for the three other braids and redo them.
Rinse with medium hot water.

Apply conditioner ( lekair cholesterol works well).
Put two plastic caps on
Leave on for 30 minutes min.
Detangle gently with a denman brush.
Rinse while squeezing the hair in braids.

Towel dry gently.
Undo the braids, spray some scurl on and oil the ends.
Style

Moisturize every other day, seal with oil every time you moisturize.
Henna/Aphogee every 6weeks or two months. Do not cut my hair for any reason, I've already cut it 5 to 6 times in 2009 with dull scissors...

Oil rinses have helped detangle and moisturize my hair. Henna strengthens my hair. I may use some ayurvedic powders instead of shampoo from time to time, but I have to use up what is in my bathroom first. I'm quite happy with this regimen.
love this regimen. i think i may start oil rinsing as you described, especially since i can't seem to remember to seal for the LIFE of me, unless i happen to be moisturizing with coconut oil.

I love your color!:yep:

I didn't until this past touch up of color 3 weeks ago. I see my dark roots growing in and I'm tempted to measure it haha. It's a sickness.

Checking in. I'll be doing lots of braidouts twists/twistouts and curly styles from now until...until.
I'm also going to start seriously working on my edges, my temples seem thinner :(

Think I figured it out... Thanks njoy and exubah!! My avatar shows my start 10/06 and the other pics are after my relaxer 3/3/10.. Hoping to be there by september!!!

Last edited:
I definitely have this problem, especially since I took out my install on the 20th of Feb. I have been all in my hair everday. in less than two weeks I have already wore flat ironed down then in a banana clip, wore my hair in plaits, twists, and did a twist out. lol And i cant stop stretching it to see if I gained length. lol I need to get another install asap otherwise im sure to have a setback with all the stuff im doing.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials! Your hair already looks full and healthy. You'll reach your goal in no time. :yep: And for the record, impatient is my middle name...

My goal is to be bsb/bsl by my wedding May 8th... I get a little impatient sometimes and need to hear from you positive ladies here.

I'm gonna have to relax. I'll be 12 weeks Sat but my ng is ridiculous. :( I think I've been underprocessed the past few touch ups and its just a jungle. It shouldn't be this bad after only 12 weeks. I'm setting an appointment for next week. I hate it though, now I will have to relax again in only 9 weeks so I can have straight hair for my birthday in May. :(

Also my ends are a little frizzy so I pray I don't lose too much when its time to trim. :pray:

hi all... just checking in. :) i've been wearing braids for 7 weeks now. i just got back from a long business trip and since i'm totally jet lagged, i've been staying up all night carefully removing each braid and detangling... i'm about 22 weeks post relaxer. so far, going good. it looks like i have at least an inch and a half of NG. i may try to get a touch up relaxer on tuesday and see where i'm at. :)

Uh, can I join? I had a set back. I went to the danm Dominicans and they jacked me up. I am back to being a BS. I'm trying to be full MBL by the end of the year:grin:

Peeking in, just to wave. :lol: I don't know why I join these challenges sometimes, since I don't pay any attention to my length for a majority of the year. :giggle:

I'm still praying to be MBL in December. If I lose NO inches, I'll make it. I'm considering doing my own weave... :look: and keeping it in for a month or two. Mid-March through May? It's just so hot here and I wash my hair so often that I don't know if I can do it.

Checking in. This weekend I will do a protein treatment with aphoghee 2 min so I can prepare for my relaxer next Thursday. Praying for a lil growth.

Checkin in, still on the right track. I've been getting a 1/2 inch per month in some places and 3/4 inch in others so I'm happy. I hope to continue the rest of the year with no set backs, I'm trying to do as lil as possible to my hair and keep my natural reggie up which I love. My is only 99% natural because Adora got me hooked on Curl Activator and my hair is actually responding well to it, so for now it's a keeper.

Back