MBL 2010

Just checking in. Still using my WEN and the remoist mask. I am using my castor oil mixture after every wash, which is about twice a week. PS 99% of the time. I tried the Macademia Nut oil and mask sample that I had. I like it. I will be pushasing the oil. Those are available at Ulta. You can get a sample pack from the wesite of the same name.

I henna'd my hair on Sunday. My hair is very silky and soft now.

It's slightly longer than in my first picture, it touches the bottom of my bra instead of the top.

Well this morning I decided to do something a little different with my hair for work. I'm still PS'ing so it did a low horizontal braid with my hair from the left side to the right. I then twisted the single plait around in a flat bun and used my flexi-8 to secure it. I had "rug rat" take a pic of it before I ran out of the house so I will try and post it when I get home tonight.

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Last edited:
I am really wondering if I am going to be able to make MBL by the end of the year. I am still not at BSL yet. It looks like another 3-4 inches for full BSL. Maybe I am reaching to far ahead and I should take baby steps.
My hair is in good condition. I cowash 3-4 times a week and PS throughout the week. Maybe I shouldn't have trimmed my ends because I still look the same length from November 2009.

....bumping this up............I was just wondering at the rate you are going now when do you think you will probably first touch MBL (providing you have no setbacks and not necessarily full MBL) this year?

Personally I think I will probably touch MBL at my next relaxer which will be in May (God spare life and no setbacks).

Just finished length check and now I'm confident I'll be able to make it before December. MBL is only an inch or so below my brastrap. :yep:

picture.php

Hey Sipp100, have you measured. The only reason I ask is your bra strap sits pretty low so you might be MBL at bra strap. So you might be a lot closer than you think. Anyway, beautiful hair.

....bumping this up............I was just wondering at the rate you are going now when do you think you will probably first touch MBL (providing you have no setbacks and not necessarily full MBL) this year?

Personally I think I will probably touch MBL at my next relaxer which will be in May (God spare life and no setbacks).

Hey,

I think I will be MBL in like August/September timeframe. I kind of checked in the mirror tonight and was ecstatic to see that I am really growing. I am happy for now and trying to keep my hands out of my hair.

Hey Sipp100, have you measured. The only reason I ask is your bra strap sits pretty low so you might be MBL at bra strap. So you might be a lot closer than you think. Anyway, beautiful hair.

Thanks NikkiGirl! You are probably right - another member told me the same thing a couple months ago. My waist is only 3 inches from my bra strap. If I don't slack off, I may even be able to scrape wsl by December.

UpDate:
I have inches to go before MBL. Grumble. But my hair is doing great! Started doing conditioner spritz everyother day and regular braid outs again. Thinking no heat until next Fall!

Well this morning I decided to do something a little different with my hair for work. I'm still PS'ing so it did a low horizontal braid with my hair from the left side to the right. I then twisted the single plait around in a flat bun and used my flexi-8 to secure it. I had "rug rat" take a pic of it before I ran out of the house so I will try and post it when I get home tonight.

View attachment 59064

View attachment 59068

This is so cute, I'm telling you up front I am going to use this style soon:yep:

I am really wondering if I am going to be able to make MBL by the end of the year. I am still not at BSL yet. It looks like another 3-4 inches for full BSL. Maybe I am reaching to far ahead and I should take baby steps.
My hair is in good condition. I cowash 3-4 times a week and PS throughout the week. Maybe I shouldn't have trimmed my ends because I still look the same length from November 2009.

Your BSL and MBL look to be in the same area, I bet you will make it, I'm in the same boat. Im not giving up, I will be patient and wait until dec.

Personally I don't expect to be MBL until dec, only because I am 1inch past APL, so I have a long road ahead, but as along as I get there by the end of the year I will be happy.

I think I will need December to make MBL :)

I don't see my hair growing at all, next pics in June

JJ why do you think that? Have you had a set back? You have been making really go progress...

If I keep with my routine (regular wash n'goes and buns), I should be BSL by April and MBL in December should be no problem (I think). Checked my length today and shocked my friends. I'm almost boob-length :lachen:!!

Update on my routine:
Instead of just leaving in condish like I normally do, I've been adding a little KCCC for some hold so that I can at least get second day hair. And yesterday I got frustrated after watching Good Hair, so I cowashed and wore my hair for the rest of the day with no product or leave-in. My hair was bangin' :grin:

ETA:
Just realized that the routine I put in my first post is not the one I'm using anymore. Now I just cowash every other to every 3 days and wear a wash n'go or wash n'go bun during that time. I'm trying to cut my detangling to once a week, but I may be sticking to twice a week.

Last edited:
This is so cute, I'm telling you up front I am going to use this style soon:yep:

Your BSL and MBL look to be in the same area, I bet you will make it, I'm in the same boat. Im not giving up, I will be patient and wait until dec.

Personally I don't expect to be MBL until dec, only because I am 1inch past APL, so I have a long road ahead, but as along as I get there by the end of the year I will be happy.

JJ why do you think that? Have you had a set back? You have been making really go progress...

No, Knocks on wood no set back thank goodness! I think it is more or less Anorexia, really I just don't see it growing.
:( my husband says yes. I say Okay, and wipe my eyes :confused: and look again and still :nono:..... He says yesterday go grab your pink polo shirt so you can see, I Laughed at him, he talks alot of LHCF talk every now and then. My brothers girlfriend was over and he said, did you DC after you colored your hair, and proceeded to inform her about how she can get split ends. It was so embarrassing and I just sunk into the chair. :perplexed

If I keep with my routine (regular wash n'goes and buns), I should be BSL by April and MBL in December should be no problem (I think). Checked my length today and shocked my friends. I'm almost boob-length :lachen:!!

Update on my routine:
Instead of just leaving in condish like I normally do, I've been adding a little KCCC for some hold so that I can at least get second day hair. And yesterday I got frustrated after watching Good Hair, so I cowashed and wore my hair for the rest of the day with no product or leave-in. My hair was bangin' :grin:

ETA:
Just realized that the routine I put in my first post is not the one I'm using anymore. Now I just cowash every other to every 3 days and wear a wash n'go or wash n'go bun during that time. I'm trying to cut my detangling to once a week, but I may be sticking to twice a week.

why may I ask did you get frustrated. I just saw it yesterday as well. I didn't find it bad. I was like :nono: ($1000 lay away weaves) for some and :yep: (al sharpton was making some sense)

You got me to turn it on again and watch it before it expires!

Last edited:
What's your reggie? You've gotten some really good growth since your October pic. :yep:

Thanks NikkiGirl! You are probably right - another member told me the same thing a couple months ago. My waist is only 3 inches from my bra strap. If I don't slack off, I may even be able to scrape wsl by December.

What's your reggie? You've gotten some really good growth since your October pic. :yep:

Cut and pasted from another thread - I'm lazy:

I thought I had average hair growth before finding this forum, but maybe it is a little faster than average. It grows about 3/4" (0.75") per month. Maybe a little more in the summer. It grew from collarbone to bsl in 8 months. I've been transitioning to natural for 9 months.

My reggie is simple - cowash 2x/wk, DC 1 or 2x/wk. I don't use shampoo at all. Other than various oils, I don't use any other products.

I BKT'd in November, and then again last night. It helps with detangling, which leads to good retention. I try to keep my hair as straight as possible at all times. It doesn't like curls, braid-outs, twist-outs, etc. All those "styles" lead to tangles, so I just wear it in a bun or straight down. I don't "bump" my ends, either. That leads to breakage and split ends.

Oh yeah, I do try to take a couple teaspoons of Carlson's Fish Oil each day, but I don't know if that accounts for any growth - I'm not consistent with it.

Last edited:
Cut and pasted from another thread - I'm lazy:

I thought I had average hair growth before finding this forum, but maybe it is a little faster than average. It grows about 3/4" (0.75") per month. Maybe a little more in the summer. It grew from collarbone to bsl in 8 months. I've been transitioning to natural for 9 months.

My reggie is simple - cowash 2x/wk, DC 1 or 2x/wk. I don't use shampoo at all. Other than various oils, I don't use any other products.

I BKT'd in November, and then again last night. It helps with detangling, which leads to good retention. I try to keep my hair as straight as possible at all times. It doesn't like curls, braid-outs, twist-outs, etc. All those "styles" lead to tangles, so I just wear it in a bun or straight down. I don't "bump" my ends, either. That leads to breakage and split ends.

Oh yeah, I do try to take a couple teaspoons of Carlson's Fish Oil each day, but I don't know if that accounts for any growth - I'm not consistent with it.
Your hair looks good...may I ask your hair type and have you noticed any breakage by transitioning with BKT?

Thanks casey!

When I first joined, I was told my hair type was 4a, so that's what I go with. However, I'm not so sure about that - my hair doesn't look or behave like the type 4 fotkis I browse (stalk). I know my crown is somewhere in the 3's...Girl, I don't know!

No, I haven't had any adverse effects from BKT'ing. My hair doesn't mind 425 degree heat. I've never seen an electric flatiron that could burn my hair - it's just naturally hardy.

Last edited:
why may I ask did you get frustrated. I just saw it yesterday as well. I didn't find it bad. I was like :nono: ($1000 lay away weaves) for some and :yep: (al sharpton was making some sense)

You got me to turn it on again and watch it before it expires!
It was just the discouraging comments about natural black hair, and having ALL black women portrayed as if we will do anything to not wear our own hair :nono:. I've heard this already, but it made me sad. Also, I watched the movie in my campus's Black Student Services Center and the comments of some folks had me :wallbash: :rolleyes:

I think I'll be "touching" MBL in about a month. That will only be the tip of my V though. :lol: Hopefully I'll be full MBL by the end of the year.

It was just the discouraging comments about natural black hair, and having ALL black women portrayed as if we will do anything to not wear our own hair :nono:.

OMG. And I was so mad because I thought everyone that talked bad about the movie was just being all sensitive. So I was defending him doing the movie at first. :nono: I don't fit into ANY of the catergories of the black women in that film. And I hate that yt people will now think we all do.

And when they showed the high school girls and they wore the natural girl out, I was so mad. They just showed her looking sad and not even responding. :wallbash:

It was just the discouraging comments about natural black hair, and having ALL black women portrayed as if we will do anything to not wear our own hair :nono:. I've heard this already, but it made me sad. Also, I watched the movie in my campus's Black Student Services Center and the comments of some folks had me :wallbash: :rolleyes:

I didn't find it bad, I did find it more sad. The fact that women who looked as if they couldn't afford to purchase these horrible looking Weaves were buying them for $1000. The teachers hair looked a wreck. The childcare provider's hair didn't look better than the $200 weaves I use to do in the salon. The indian baby had me sad, crying. I don't like Ice-T, he is a PIG in my eyes, that is in my eyes MOPO (My own personal Opinion). Al Sharpton enlightened me some as to when and why he started to relax his hair. He made sense most of what he said. The Black girl in the Chinese store Looked so DUMB black people don't wear their hair like that no mo' (for real for real) She looked like if the chinese guy said black hair stinks and smells like shyt she'd agree. Looked very ignorant. Then Chris asked why people don't buy black hair because of sickle cell, the ignorant asian guy said YES! HUH, I wasn't frustrated the lease, just sad about the ignorance that still exist in the world.

I too felt bad for the girl with the natural hair, because the girl with the natural hair and the one in front of her being a former supervisor would be the one I'd hire, not the rest of the girls if we are basing it on hairstyles. Her hair was very nice, and the one in front was well kept relaxed hair the others their hair was a HOTT mess!

Anywho, thanks for you ladies point of view on the movie. :)

I just recently trimmed about a quarter to a half inch of hair in some places, but after recalculating MBL correctly I may be able to reach it by November if I can grow a good inch in the next two months. Which I hope I can do even after my mini trim.

I decided to post some length shots so you ladies will have some idea of where I'm starting at. Also I think I'm going to shingle my hair this weekend so I'll post some pics of that later on :yep:.

1. wash n'go
2. side stretched
3. nape stretched (just at the base of my shoulder blade)
4. crown stretched
5. front stretched

Attachments

• DSCN0596.jpg
    DSCN0596.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0620.jpg
    DSCN0620.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0612.jpg
    DSCN0612.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0625.jpg
    DSCN0625.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0623.jpg
    DSCN0623.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 9
Hey ladies, just checking in.

I have some heat damage to deal with from a botched visit to the stylist and i'm thinking of getting a cut. A shaping layered type cut...not sure yet, but i'd probably lose about an inch on my longest layer. I already lost about an inch 3 weeks ago at that corrective trim. ::sigh::

Well, otherwise I'm laying off the heat at home, and just babying my hair. I did a DC yesterday and I'm doing another on Sunday. Just going to wear curly styles, mostly braidouts, and see where I am in a few months. I wanted to be MBL by may the latest, but I'll be OK if it takes until August.

My last texlax was August 7, 2007 so If i make MBL by August, then it's from "bald" to mbl in 3 years. That aint bad!

I guess I'll join this challenge......

Hey ladies, just checking in.

I have some heat damage to deal with from a botched visit to the stylist and i'm thinking of getting a cut. A shaping layered type cut...not sure yet, but i'd probably lose about an inch on my longest layer. I already lost about an inch 3 weeks ago at that corrective trim. ::sigh::

Hopefully you'll hit a really good growth spurt to make up for the 2 inches you've trimmed.

Last edited:
My last texlax was August 7, 2007 so If i make MBL by August, then it's from "bald" to mbl in 3 years. That aint bad!
This is exactly how I feel. BCing to half an inch of hair and being MBL three years later would be amazing :bdance:

Back