Maxiglide HSN Package deal

Thanks for the Coupon! I was able to get the XP:grin:
I have been wanting on of these since learning about it on LHCF. I brought mine today with a 15% discount for being a new customer.

Hopes this helps someone....COUPON: New Customers save 15% off your first purchase. Use coupon code C56574. Expires 12/31/2009.

Ordered the XP YAY! I used the $20 off coupon (988030). Should receive by the 17th. Can't wait to use it to do my length check for the MBL 2009 Challenge. I hope I'm there.

You using it tonight? I am thinking about using mine for the first time. All these early Christmans gifts hahaha

hahaha. Where have you been? Love your siggy pic.

No, I'm waiting until close to Christmas. I'm trying to talk Dh into doing my relaxer.:lachen: I'm bunning with conditioner until that time.

I'm sending you a pm.

I want to get one so bad. I've heard that the teeth pull at your hair. Have any of you ladies experienced that?
Nope. Just detangle each section prior to flat ironing and you're good to go. A lot of people don't know and use the maxi like a regular flat iron (clamping both plates down hard) but with the maxi you don't even have to press the plates all the way down together, he shows this in the vid.

Gah. XP or MP? I'm BSL with very thick hair. I currently use a 1 inch flat iron bc I like the control I get with narrow plates, but I guess wider plates are supposed to work faster? Its the difference b/w the XP and the MP just the width of the plates or are there other allowances made with the XP for thicker hair?

I got my package a couple days ago but it's being wrapped up for christmas...

I'm going to use it for my birthday in January though.

Naturals,how are you liking this?

I just used it for the first time yesterday (pics in my "Update" thread). Honestly, I think it works TOO well; neither relaxer nor roller setting nor blow dryer nor hot comb, or any combination of those, has ever gotten my hair so straight. It was easy to use, and very fast compared to all other straightening methods I have tried. I almost want to get caught in the rain, just to see my hair regain some volume, :lol:.

I just used it for the first time yesterday (pics in my "Update" thread). Honestly, I think it works TOO well; neither relaxer nor roller setting nor blow dryer nor hot comb, or any combination of those, has ever gotten my hair so straight. It was easy to use, and very fast compared to all other straightening methods I have tried. I almost want to get caught in the rain, just to see my hair regain some volume, :lol:.

This review just sealed the deal for me. Off to HSN to get that maxiglide:grin:

Wow, Yamilee, I think you just convinced me as well. Although, I'm wiggin it until like April.... I wonder if I should wait or go ahead and pull the trigger? Y'all think they'll still have this deal in April?

Same thing i say about the maxi, it works TOO well. I dont know why people sleep on this thing. Talk about relaxer straight results? It straightens every single hair!

I got the Maxiglide MP package deal from HSN for $72 total (split among three payments) and used a coupon code. HSN irritated me because they sent me two conditioners accidentally and didn't send the Beyond Straight. Well the Beyond Straight has excellent reviews so I want it. I called HSN thinking they'd say 'oh we'll just ship the Beyond Straight right now'. Um no. They said I could send the whole package back (not) and they'd reship with all the right products including Beyond Straight. Or they could issue me a partial refund. So they issued me a refund of $10. So I ordered Beyond Straight by itself from Folica and ended up spending more, but whatever.

I tried the Maxiglide and Miniglide on clean dry roller set hair (roller set with IC Fantasia leave in plus Aphogee Keratin Green Tea) then after dry, applied Fantasia Straightening protectant serum. I didnt really notice the Maxiglide doing anything special..... so my true test will be instead of roller setting first, let it air dry or dry loose under hooded dryer then go straight to the Maxiglide. Either way I'm keeping it because there was ZERO smoke, zero burn smell and it seems like a healthy excellent option. I was scared to use the steam feature because my hair isn't very long. #1 key for me is zero burn smell. A keeper.

Poka, do you use the Maxiglide on your air dried hair? Or do you roller set first? I won't get a true test unless I try it on air dried curly hair.

Ima have to return mines..I dropped mines the other day and it fell really hard..now it automatcally shuts off rite after heating up...;-/
gotta call them on monday..

Ima have to return mines..I dropped mines the other day and it fell really hard..now it automatcally shuts off rite after heating up...;-/
gotta call them on monday..

Can you let us know how your exchange/refund goes because I'm waiting for mine to come and I'm clumsy too.

I got the Maxiglide MP package deal from HSN for $72 total (split among three payments) and used a coupon code. HSN irritated me because they sent me two conditioners accidentally and didn't send the Beyond Straight. Well the Beyond Straight has excellent reviews so I want it. I called HSN thinking they'd say 'oh we'll just ship the Beyond Straight right now'. Um no. They said I could send the whole package back (not) and they'd reship with all the right products including Beyond Straight. Or they could issue me a partial refund. So they issued me a refund of $10. So I ordered Beyond Straight by itself from Folica and ended up spending more, but whatever.

I tried the Maxiglide and Miniglide on clean dry roller set hair (roller set with IC Fantasia leave in plus Aphogee Keratin Green Tea) then after dry, applied Fantasia Straightening protectant serum. I didnt really notice the Maxiglide doing anything special..... so my true test will be instead of roller setting first, let it air dry or dry loose under hooded dryer then go straight to the Maxiglide. Either way I'm keeping it because there was ZERO smoke, zero burn smell and it seems like a healthy excellent option. I was scared to use the steam feature because my hair isn't very long. #1 key for me is zero burn smell. A keeper.

Poka, do you use the Maxiglide on your air dried hair? Or do you roller set first? I won't get a true test unless I try it on air dried curly hair.

What size Maxiglide did you get and what setting? Maybe you should steam right before you put it on your hair so that the steam gets on your hair without the steamburst.

I bought the Maxiglide XP as a Christmas present to myself. I'm wrapping it up and won't use it until after Christmas though.

Knowing I don't need this darn thing ... I'm such a weak PJ. :sad:

I got the MP size and used it on 5-6. Yeah I thought about trying the steam and probably seeing a 'difference'. Was still scared. I def plan to try it though for sure. I am happy with my purchase even though HSN screwed up my order.

Can you let us know how your exchange/refund goes because I'm waiting for mine to come and I'm clumsy too.
sure..this is my 2nd exchange..the 1st time was the upgrade..i had the 1st model for a few yrs and they let me upgrade it for 50 bucks for the MP..the exchange went really easy and fast...I am hoping this exchange is the same way..thank goodness I kept my box with that hollogram on it!

Back