Maxiglide HSN Package deal

Okay! I ordered today and used the $20.00 coupon. I asked DH if I could get it and he just looked at me and said "okay."

I don't know why I feel guilty...but I do. I just REALLY wanted to get in on this deal. :lachen:

I ordered my maxi glide last wednesday 12/23 and have not received it yet 12/31. I didn't get the coupon discount when I purchased so I had to call. They said they would credit my card, but I haven't seen it yet. I am not a happy camper right now. :nono:

I just called, and they are mailing out my new maxi MP replacement today..the broken one arrived yesterday..so I am assuming I will receive it next week sometime...I cant wait cause I have been feinding to FI my hair...

I ordered my maxi glide last wednesday 12/23 and have not received it yet 12/31. I didn't get the coupon discount when I purchased so I had to call. They said they would credit my card, but I haven't seen it yet. I am not a happy camper right now. :nono:
Its UPS...thats the same day I sent back my old maxi..and they just received it yesterday via UPS ground..and they dont do holidays or weekends so you will probably see it today, if not then monday latest...did you get a tracking #? they should have a estimated day for delivery..

OK! How about I saw this post AFTER I had already placed an order for the mini from folica and the MP from missikio...I spend 110 for both when I coulda spend 80 ...kicks rocks...it's all good thought

That's actually a good price. When I bought mine a year or two ago I paid over $100 for the same deal. Too bad my maxiglide is broke now. :ohwell: My next purchase will be a Chi.

I got this and I think I'm going to return it. My hair ended up really hard and dry and I only used it at setting 5. I'm going to try again one more time and if I don't like how my hair feels I'm sending it back!

Just ordered I've been looking at this for over a week trying to decide because I have a solia, something told me to come back to this thread I look at the last page and what do I see save $20.00 for first time customers oh I could not resist thanks Luscious Ladie07 for the coupon treat:kisses:

I got this and I think I'm going to return it. My hair ended up really hard and dry and I only used it at setting 5. I'm going to try again one more time and if I don't like how my hair feels I'm sending it back!

What products did you use with it? Perhaps you used too much product?

Mine came today!!! It was like Christmas :)

I tried it on a few of my twists - and I love it. Does anyone like the products?

Its UPS...thats the same day I sent back my old maxi..and they just received it yesterday via UPS ground..and they dont do holidays or weekends so you will probably see it today, if not then monday latest...did you get a tracking #? they should have a estimated day for delivery..

You were right!! I got my maxiglide on Monday. I got the credit on my card too! Since I'm in a no heat challenge I can't use it though. I'm just an unreformed pj I guess.

Last edited:
So I think I'm sending my MP back and just keeping my original old maxiglide. This iron is not straightening my hair like my old iron. I have no idea why. It actually frizzes my ends up as opposed to my old iron which straightens like a relaxer:perplexed.
Poka, what temp did you use? For my hair, I have to use 6-8, and it makes my hair straight without the frizz. I have NO damage ends and I use Chi Silk Infusion before I use it. I also use the flat plates now...love it better than the teeth.

Here is a small pic of what I mean:

0b669e4f-1-1-1.jpg

HTH

I used it on my moms hair because I have in twist but the steam is amazing! It's very moisterizing!

Has anyone used the products it came with?

My package came yesterday and wow there was a lot of stuff in there I didn't realize it was so much. I'm probably not going to use the products except maybe the serum. I've got heat protection products I really like already. I'm so excited to try it out this weekend.

So I think I'm sending my MP back and just keeping my original old maxiglide. This iron is not straightening my hair like my old iron. I have no idea why. It actually frizzes my ends up as opposed to my old iron which straightens like a relaxer:perplexed.

I just sent mine back this afternoon. I tried it at 5 and two more times at 3 and while the steam imparted a nice shine, it was awkward to use and I can't use it on my roots which is really all I care to iron. I have a 1" ceramic that cost me $45 and works very well on my roots, so I'm sticking with that and getting my 80 bucks back.
I tried it the first time I used it with all the products it came with and wasn't impressed with them.

Oh yeah, I wanted to say that if you ordered from HSN during october through december, you have until jan 31 to return for full refund. Just use the ups packing slip and drop it off at a ups station (I used the one in Staples).

Last edited:
Poka, what temp did you use? For my hair, I have to use 6-8, and it makes my hair straight without the frizz. I have NO damage ends and I use Chi Silk Infusion before I use it. I also use the flat plates now...love it better than the teeth.

Here is a small pic of what I mean:

0b669e4f-1-1-1.jpg

HTH

After seeing that the first setting was doing nothing I upped it to about 4 or 5. The thing is, my old original XP Maxiglide gets my hair bone straight with one pass on setting one. I never have to go past setting one. This MP was a let down because even when i upped the temp my hair was still not straight, it was frizzing it up even more. I tried several different times, same thing. I have no idea why this is.

I sent it back. I'm just gonna keep my old one. It works fine....i see that it works excellent now that I've tried another one and got bad results, lol. I really didn't need the flat iron anyway, i just got caught up in this great deal. I still highly recommend the maxiglide to anyone though!!....just not the MP. I'm unsure of what the differences in the two are but there's definitely something going on.

Your hair turned out great!

Oh and here's a really old pic of how my maxiglide straightens my hair.
http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/roller-sets/maxiglide_is_at_it/061430.html

I just sent mine back this afternoon. I tried it at 5 and two more times at 3 and while the steam imparted a nice shine, it was awkward to use and I can't use it on my roots which is really all I care to iron. I have a 1" ceramic that cost me $45 and works very well on my roots, so I'm sticking with that and getting my 80 bucks back.
I tried it the first time I used it with all the products it came with and wasn't impressed with them.

Oh yeah, I wanted to say that if you ordered from HSN during october through december, you have until jan 31 to return for full refund. Just use the ups packing slip and drop it off at a ups station (I used the one in Staples).

I use the miniglide to get to my roots. It works really well but takes a long time.

i received mine right before Christmas and it worked fine. i used setting 5 for my daughter's hair, then i had to crank that bad boy up to 7. i used 7 on my hair also.

my hair came out super straight and soft. my daughter's hair was pretty straight too but not bone straight (she's natural). there's a thread floating around here somewhere with her pics in it.

i ordered the 2 inch iron, i was skeptical at first about the size but it worked out. i had to get used to NOT pressing the steam button when i held it near my scalp (ouch). but overall it's a keeper. i didn't use any of the products but i may try them in the spring/summer.

I'm trying to order my sister and niece a Maxi but it won't take the $20 coupon code. Does anyone know how to get around the new customer restriction? They are checking my bank card and know I've ordered before.

Last edited:
I'm trying to order my sister and niece a Maxi but it won't take the $20 coupon code. Does anyone know how to get around the new customer restriction? They are checking my bank card and know I've ordered before.

Use a different email address :sekret:.

Back