Maxiglide HSN Package deal

I got the MP size and used it on 5-6. Yeah I thought about trying the steam and probably seeing a 'difference'. Was still scared. I def plan to try it though for sure. I am happy with my purchase even though HSN screwed up my order.
I cant use mines without the steam..i just love that steam burst..it makes all the diffrence in the way my hair turns out..
:yep:

sure..this is my 2nd exchange..the 1st time was the upgrade..i had the 1st model for a few yrs and they let me upgrade it for 50 bucks for the MP..the exchange went really easy and fast...I am hoping this exchange is the same way..thank goodness I kept my box with that hollogram on it!

I am keeping both my maxiglide and miniglide inside the box.

I got the Maxiglide MP package deal from HSN for $72 total (split among three payments) and used a coupon code. HSN irritated me because they sent me two conditioners accidentally and didn't send the Beyond Straight. Well the Beyond Straight has excellent reviews so I want it. I called HSN thinking they'd say 'oh we'll just ship the Beyond Straight right now'. Um no. They said I could send the whole package back (not) and they'd reship with all the right products including Beyond Straight. Or they could issue me a partial refund. So they issued me a refund of $10. So I ordered Beyond Straight by itself from Folica and ended up spending more, but whatever.

I tried the Maxiglide and Miniglide on clean dry roller set hair (roller set with IC Fantasia leave in plus Aphogee Keratin Green Tea) then after dry, applied Fantasia Straightening protectant serum. I didnt really notice the Maxiglide doing anything special..... so my true test will be instead of roller setting first, let it air dry or dry loose under hooded dryer then go straight to the Maxiglide. Either way I'm keeping it because there was ZERO smoke, zero burn smell and it seems like a healthy excellent option. I was scared to use the steam feature because my hair isn't very long. #1 key for me is zero burn smell. A keeper.

Poka, do you use the Maxiglide on your air dried hair? Or do you roller set first? I won't get a true test unless I try it on air dried curly hair.
I just answered your pm:grinwink:.

You're right about the healthier option for flat ironing. Since the maxi actually uses steam to straighten I think it's a better option.

I didn't even use the steam and still felt like it was awesome. I did only use a setting of 5... I previously had an FHI (which I sold to a member here a while ago) and it burnt my hair. But I probably used it wrong (after applying oil and too high a setting). I feel good about the Maxiglide though.

I also ordered the Sedu Ceramic Tourmaline from Folica (with a coupon code) and waiting on that to arrive. That also has excellent reviews.

I didn't even use the steam and still felt like it was awesome. I did only use a setting of 5... I previously had an FHI (which I sold to a member here a while ago) and it burnt my hair. But I probably used it wrong (after applying oil and too high a setting). I feel good about the Maxiglide though.

I also ordered the Sedu Ceramic Tourmaline from Folica (with a coupon code) and waiting on that to arrive. That also has excellent reviews.

I have the Sedu, I like it but it's the only one I've ever owned so I can't really compare it to anything. I haven't tried the Maxiglide yet, but I just wanted it for the steam function.

I just answered your pm:grinwink:.

You're right about the healthier option for flat ironing. Since the maxi actually uses steam to straighten I think it's a better option.

I assume the steam puts moisture in your hair and loosens the curl so that you won't have to pass over it more than once or twice. So intead of it drying the moisture that's alreay in your hair it anly takes the extra moisture that was added.

What temp setting did you use?

I set it to 5. My hair was not 100% dry, but it had been air-drying overnight in 25-30 sloppy twists.

Today is day three, and I had a bit of fever last night, but there has only been a tiny bit of reversion around the edges so far.

Wow, Yamilee, I think you just convinced me as well. Although, I'm wiggin it until like April.... I wonder if I should wait or go ahead and pull the trigger? Y'all think they'll still have this deal in April?

I highly doubt it. If you want one, now is definitely the time to get it!

I wonder how long this will last..I want one for myself... but I dont want it until next yr.. really..

Before i set my card loose on HSN, i need to know what is the life span of the maxiglide?
I would hate to buy just for it to start acting up & die in 6months.

sure..this is my 2nd exchange..the 1st time was the upgrade..i had the 1st model for a few yrs and they let me upgrade it for 50 bucks for the MP..the exchange went really easy and fast...I am hoping this exchange is the same way..thank goodness I kept my box with that hollogram on it!

I didn't know you could upgrade it???!!!! I wonder how I missed that.

I really want to thank the OP for posting this...

My mom just ordered the MP for me as one of my christmas gifts.

******COUPON ALERT******repost

I found a $20 off coupon for HSN.com (988030) good thru Jan 31, 2010. Its for new customer only. I just used it and it works. Not sure if this was posted earlier but if not....ENJOY!!!!

Thank you. I just ordered the MP with this coupon. After reading the thread where someone asked about the MP vs. the XP, it seemed obvious to me that the MP is the better choice, especially if your hair is long and thick.

I just bought the mp package*hangs head in shame*
However,if it sucks for me,it's going right back.
I do hope it works though,so i don't have to experiment with too many irons on my natural hair.I'm paranoid about heat damage:perplexed.

^^^ Well the deal is on at least until 12/31/09 so I wouldn't worry too much. What you want might be sold out, esp if you want the MP.

Why in the world did I click this thread??? Trouble, trouble, trouble.... :nono:

I can't resist, I gotta buy this thing. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

WHY did I come in here? I have no need whatsoever for flat iron, but that's a great package deal! I gotta get out of here :peek:

Back