March 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge - The Ending & The Beginning

Sending a TGIF hello to all of the challengers... Just checking in... :wavey:

Still using MT daily and while I'm unsure of how much growth, this stuff is making my hair noticeably thicker.

I like it... no noticeable shedding (but I take Garlic tabs daily). I mix it with a drop of castor oil (my hair really hates that stuff) and aloe vera gel and apply it to my scalp.

Co-wash/deep con 3x weekly with a religious fervor that would do any cult member proud; moisturize twice daily with Eqyss Premier Rehydrant spray; and use a dab of leave-in cond in the morning.

Pretty simple routine and my hair is happy!!!

I'm currently taking 2 grams of garlic to stop shedding but i am still am shedding.. do you think i should increase to 3 grams a day or use my MT/OCT mix every other day? Any suggestions would be great!

Mine is sore as well. Hmmmm.....

Hmmmm Mines was too. This is the reason I took my braids out. I had a touch up on 5/30. All of the growth I gainned, I think I lost in the trim seems like, but I did gain some thickness. I took a picture in the bathroom at the salon before she cut it, but it didn't come out real clear. I will post it anyway.
I did purchase a second bottle. I am on the last of the first. I think it's well worth it. I think it's really working especially for thickness for me....
Cheers ladies. Keep up the good work.

I'm currently taking 2 grams of garlic to stop shedding but i am still am shedding.. do you think i should increase to 3 grams a day or use my MT/OCT mix every other day? Any suggestions would be great!

Uh oh ... time to pull out the BIG GUNS... consider using this ...

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/search.php?Mode=SEARCH&S_content=Nutrine+Garlic&x=0&y=0

Being from NY, we have this everywhere at almost every BSS in NY & NJ. I keep it on hand for when the shedding becomes unmanageable. It smells really good and it's cheap at any price.

I am not going to get braids anymore. I am going to continue with my MT, CHL,SP, Henna and Amla paste, with tea rinses. Once I figure out what the hayday is going on with my camera, I can post some better pics. I also brought some flex rods. I am going to attempt that on Wednesday.
Happy Growing ladies....
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to ask if anyone is mixing their megatek with a conditioner instead of with oils. I am thinking of trying this in order to keep my hair moistirzied yet avoid the oiliness that may come with daily application of an mixture containing oils.

So I was able to find my pictures and now I do have a comparison. The picture in the white was April 3. and the one in the pink shirt is May May 22. Although I am doing CHL and SP, tea rinses and henna treatments in addition to MT. I know it's the Mega Tek hands down that's give me the growth.
The only sad part and this something I never have complained about in the past. It seem's like I lost all of my progress with my trim other than thickness.
I did my first flex rod set last night....lol. I will take another pic on wash night Saturday so I can see much she really cut.

I am off to start on my second bottle of Mega-Tek....lol:grin:
Cheers Ladies and Happy Growing....

Attachments

• Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN1344.jpg
    DSCN1344.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 29
OK. Here are my June update pix. Please be kind, although my hair has gotten much better it is still really thin. Working on thickness.:look::look::sad:

Attachments

• dry progress jun 09.jpg
    dry progress jun 09.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 63

I would suggest every 2 to 3 days to slow down the shedding for now and still increase yourgarlic dosage to 3 grams a day but spread them out throughout the day though. After the shedding has subsided a bit then you may resume your regular 2 gram dosage a day. If you can, use garlic topically. I have a garlic recipe in my fotki for shedding - no pw needed.

Great progress Healthy Hair, you can really see the length and thickness.

Thanks Grnidmonster,
I was really happy with the progress, but when she cut most of the length I was really hurt.
I didn't think it was uneven that bad. It will come back though. I am on a flexrod kick now. So I figure if I wear them once a week, I will only have to comb that one day and I should gain lenght that way as opposed to getting braids again.

I will be traveling this weekend and won't be able to do my hair until sometime next week so my 3mos reveal will be delayed. I look forward to checking in on everyone elses pics.

HHG

Ok so ladies I want to get a sew in weave next month and I havent had one while using Megatek.

Has anyone got any advice for still applying Megatek with a full head weave? Do you do it more or less? Do you mix it with anything else?

TIA

So I was able to find my pictures and now I do have a comparison. The picture in the white was April 3. and the one in the pink shirt is May May 22. Although I am doing CHL and SP, tea rinses and henna treatments in addition to MT. I know it's the Mega Tek hands down that's give me the growth.
The only sad part and this something I never have complained about in the past. It seem's like I lost all of my progress with my trim other than thickness.
I did my first flex rod set last night....lol. I will take another pic on wash night Saturday so I can see much she really cut.

I am off to start on my second bottle of Mega-Tek....lol:grin:
Cheers Ladies and Happy Growing....

Nice progress:yep:

Ok so ladies I want to get a sew in weave next month and I havent had one while using Megatek.

Has anyone got any advice for still applying Megatek with a full head weave? Do you do it more or less? Do you mix it with anything else?

TIA
It's fine to use MT with a full weave. I apply my MT/OCT mix daily with a applicator bottle.

Here's my update pic
4764.jpg

It's fine to use MT with a full weave. I apply my MT/OCT mix daily with a applicator bottle.

Thanks
Do you wash your hair to stop the build up?? How often? More or less than without the weave?

Have you had any bad experiences with the weave and MT usage? I want to continue to apply to my scalp daily but am a little scared lol

see comments

Thanks
Do you wash your hair to stop the build up?? How often? More or less than without the weave?

Depending on what type of weave I have. Right now I have a curly weave so I can wash every 3 days.

Have you had any bad experiences with the weave and MT usage? no problems I want to continue to apply to my scalp daily but am a little scared lol

My camera phone isn't working right now and today is my last day of school so I'll have more time next week to fix my phone and post pics.

Since getting my relaxer i've fallen off the wagon big time!

I'm really scared of protein overload now but i'm doing a dc tomorrow after applying mt tonight.

I used to use it raw on my natural hair and I will continue to do so with my relaxed hair!

which MT product are you all using? I recently purchased some but not sure its the right kind.

On the first page of this thread there are informational links to the original challenge threads; the products are named in them.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to ask if anyone is mixing their megatek with a conditioner instead of with oils. I am thinking of trying this in order to keep my hair moistirzied yet avoid the oiliness that may come with daily application of an mixture containing oils.

I don't mix my megatek. If your conditioner has protein in it adding MT is a no no. :nono:

I took some comparison pics the other day and will post them in my siggy tomorrow (if I can figure out how to do:look:). Still using my MT/OCT mix daily.

Back