2. Current Hair Length
Between WL and HL
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends
Thining
4. What you have tried to improve your ends
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends
Not sure yet
6. Optional: share your current hair measurements either in inches or body lengths (SL, APL). You may want a record of where you started.
In the start of my hair regimen I was at APL and now between WL/HL...hair started thining around edges and ends do to stress since last year of 2011

You hair is beautiful! And such amazing length!!!

I sealed my ends with straight castor oil tonight because some of the ladies have been raving about it. Going to try it for a week and will let you know. I hope it is as good as they say because then i will have another staple.

Ok just got a real good trim ( took off an inch ) and even though I'm sad to lose the length my hair looks and feels much healthier! I think it's a good starting point and hopefully I grow that inch back soon. I ended the night by moisturizing with Tresemme Split End Remedy + Mizani Coconut Soufflé and Sealed with Argan Oil.

Checking in: I've been doing twist outs lately. I do retwist every night so I have been moisturizing and sealing, focusing on my ends. I need to do a dusting soon, I've noticed some ssks :sad:

I had a spa day for my hair today. I:

Clarified with Keracare 1st lather shampoo
Second wash with Keracare Hydrating & Detangling Shampoo
Black tea/caffeine powder rinse
Protein deep condition with Keracare Intense Restorative Masque
Moisture deep condition with AO HSR Conditioner
Used Keracare Leave-In Conditioner
Sealed with JBCO and One & Only Argan Oil

Used 10 minutes of heat under dryer to infuse the argan oil with my hair followed by cool air for another 15 minutes - now my hair is unbelievably soft to the touch and smells absolutely delish:lick:

Life is hectic at the moment so I'm not sure what my ends feel like. But I think the ladies were right about sealing with straight castor oil. I have tried it on my twists and I like the results. I am wet bunning right now and I applied it to my ends before putting the bun up. Hopefully it will act well. It looks like I will be bunning it this week so I definitely will know if this works.

Moisturized my hair this morning with Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. I am trying hard this time around to keep my ends from drying out. I really cannot afford another setback.

About to moisturize with my mizani soufflé and a little tresemme split end leave in then gonna wrap my hair up for the night :)

How's everyone else's progress going? How are your ends doing?

I think I will use bunning only in case of emergencies. My ends always feel a little funny afterwards.

Checking in :)

M&S w/ Mizani Souffle, Chi Silk Infusion, and Argan Oil ends still looking good since my 1inch trim on the 21st.

I'm also hoping my ends grow evenly this time after my trim. For some reason last time the sides grew faster and it created this "W" shape. Weird...

LexaKing said:
LaidBak Im right here with you :) We gotta stay consistent, itll pay off in the long run! How is that mango butter?

Its Elasta QP mango butter. I've tried a lot of stuff during my PJ phase, and I always come back to it for my ends and edges. It protects without weighing my ends down too much or making my hair greasy.

I'm playing around with cowashing for a few weeks. Not doing much with my ends. Cowashed tonight and will do so again in the morning. May seal them in the morning.

faithVA said:
I'm playing around with cowashing for a few weeks. Not doing much with my ends. Cowashed tonight and will do so again in the morning. May seal them in the morning.

What are you co washing with?

What are you co washing with?

I bought some Natures Gate Chamomile conditioner. Not sure if I like it or not but since I've never cowashed don't have a comparison. Next week going to cowash with AO White Camellia and see if I like that better.

Going to cowash every 4 days. More often than that is too much manipulation.

I cowashed this morning with Natures Gate Chamomile, used AO White Camellia as a leave-in, coated hair with oil blend and sealed with Castor Oil. Styled my hair in flat twists.

my ends are doing pretty good right now and im loving it. i pretty confident that i can make bsb with healthy ends by years end

Washed and deep conditioned my hair today and applied some TRESemme split end remedy leave in conditioner. Then M&S with mizani souffle and argan oil :) Ends still looking good!

Ive started carrying some LI in my hand bag. I touch up my ends during the day.

Im going army strong on these ends

Back