Low Density Love

My hair for the week. Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF
Love your styles. When you move to New York you can come flat twist my hair, lol. I finally learn to do it going from my crown to my ears. Now I'm working on flat twists going back.
Is your second pic a twist out? You got mad shrinkage girl.
Froreal3

ronie, flat twists are super easy. Mine aren't perfect, but they work for my purposes. It's a twist out, but pinned up into an updo. I do have about 50-60% shrinkage though. :yep: My hair still looks shoulder length.

Twists my sister did. I'll keep em in for a couple weeks.

ForumRunner_20140524_210128.jpg

ForumRunner_20140524_210145.jpg

ForumRunner_20140524_210154.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

I just detangled my hair snd boy did it shed a lot. I can tell that my braids are thinner, but they are also longer. Maybe this is a growth spurt...out with the old and in with the new (hair). Have any of you experienced a big shed that made your hair seem thinner? Should I be worried?

I just detangled my hair snd boy did it shed a lot. I can tell that my braids are thinner, but they are also longer. Maybe this is a growth spurt...out with the old and in with the new (hair). Have any of you experienced a big shed that made your hair seem thinner? Should I be worried?

I had that happen to M&S the last time I had my hair braided. I shed so much hair. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it back.

I thought about cutting my my ends aren't thin, it's my entire head that's thin now.

I just started applying pumpkin seed oil to my scalp to slow die DHT. Not sure of it's working or not yet. Too soon to tell.

But yup, my hair is significantly thinner since my last braid install :-(

I also stopped cowashing. I had globs of hair clogged in my drain.

Today's bun. When I an home with the kids I keep my hair up, because I am constantly cleaning, cooking and doing things that will revert my hair. Once dh gets home I let my hair down ;)

Attachments

• 20140619_174304.jpg
    20140619_174304.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 188
Here's my low density laughable flat iron job....
I was planning on using my curling wand on my hair but flat ironed it instead. Then I went to Walmart to get a much needed trim. I dk why my nape grows faster than the rest of my hair but there's a noticeable gap that I do not like. Oh and I didn't put anything in my hair except mixed chicks hair silk and a little chi 44 iron guard. Anyway on to the pics.

My hair b4 str8ening
View attachment 265885

While str8ening
View attachment 265887

Once finished

View attachment 265889

View attachment 265891

View attachment 265893

View attachment 265895

After trim
View attachment 265899

View attachment 265901

Sorry it didn't post my before trim pics...

View attachment 265937

View attachment 265939

View attachment 265941

Last edited:
Flexirod set, braidout and blowout

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1402934375966.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1402934375966.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 162
  • PhotoGrid_1403901549513.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1403901549513.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 160
  • PhotoGrid_1404523530298.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1404523530298.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 160
How are yall doing? My roots seem really thick and that gives the illusion of thin ends. If I don't detangle properly my roots still have a lot of shrinkage. Oh well. Live and learn right?

I am really looking forward to my next blowout in August. I made my June blowout last 3 weeks! Dry shampoo was involved of course. This time I am aiming for 4 weeks

I had a bad experience at the salon yesterday. I spent 4 hours there, I had 3 different people in my head (not at once), 3 combs were used, and a loooot of hair was lost. I had some matting and knotting at the roots (nothing new there), but my 4c hair does that after every shampoo. The problem is that the receptionist did my rollerset. She ripped through those tangles from root to tip. Every self respecting stylist knows that you tackle knots from the bottom up. Ughhhh im so frustrated and in need of a trim to thicken things back up.

For now I will baby the strands that I have left. I also need a better detangling shampoo. Im thinking keracare and some Humecto to soften things up. I know I have difficult hair, but if the right products and techniques are used it looks beautiful. It's too bad no stylist in the world has the patience for my hair. Ever since my childhood my hair has been mistreated, abused, yanked, fried, etc. I just need a stylist who cares and has patience. Preferably In Houston, but I am willing to travel for a good stylist.

I had a bad experience at the salon yesterday. I spent 4 hours there, I had 3 different people in my head (not at once), 3 combs were used, and a loooot of hair was lost. I had some matting and knotting at the roots (nothing new there), but my 4c hair does that after every shampoo. The problem is that the receptionist did my rollerset. She ripped through those tangles from root to tip. Every self respecting stylist knows that you tackle knots from the bottom up. Ughhhh im so frustrated and in need of a trim to thicken things back up.

For now I will baby the strands that I have left. I also need a better detangling shampoo. Im thinking keracare and some Humecto to soften things up. I know I have difficult hair, but if the right products and techniques are used it looks beautiful. It's too bad no stylist in the world has the patience for my hair. Ever since my childhood my hair has been mistreated, abused, yanked, fried, etc. I just need a stylist who cares and has patience. Preferably In Houston, but I am willing to travel for a good stylist.

Prettymetty That sounds terrible! These the same people you been going to?? Aw man... You should have stopped them! Hopefully it isn't too much damage.

Prettymetty That sounds terrible! These the same people you been going to?? Aw man... You should have stopped them! Hopefully it isn't too much damage.

Yeah it was my usual salon, but everyone kept requesting my stylist so she had to get help. My husband says I should have just waited for her. Next time that's what I will do.

Hey ladies. I figured out that my crown has the lowest density. My edges are pretty low den too from postpartum shedding. I just bought some garlic pills yesterday and I have been doing scalp massages a few times a week.

How is everyone doing?

My strands are thickening up nicely with the use of a castor oil containing pomade, henna, regular reconstructors, and indigo. Almost look normal density now :lol:

I think i am doing ok with my regimen. O know my hair will never be thick, but i will let my hair be great!

These pictures were taken from November 2014 to today (left to right). The one in the middle I took just before my trim and before I started taking Mineral Rich. That was about two weeks ago. I'm absolutely shocked to see how much thicker the strands of my hair feel and how good my hair feels. I noticed the results within days. My hair felt softer and shiner. I also noticed my edges and problem areas starting new within days of starting. I'm on a 30-day challenge in the Hair Vitamin 2015 challenge. I'll continue to update.

image-482396536.jpg

Back