Low Density Love

Looking good Jace!

I'm still taking my garlic pills. My hair has been shedding less. I probably won't notice a big difference for a few months.

Looking good Jace! I'm still taking my garlic pills. My hair has been shedding less. I probably won't notice a big difference for a few months.

Thank you so much! Those garlic pills are the TRUTH. When I had bad shedding about a year ago...the garlic pills successfully slowed it down.

Hey beauties. I wanted something to make my son's curls pop and I didn't want to use gel so I tried Mane n Tail conditioner. Omg it worked like a charm. I also used it as a leave in for my daughter's 2 strand twists and it almost doubled the volume of her twists. Now I'm looking forward to next wash day so that I can use it as a leave in on my own hair. It's funny how we put great products on the backburner to try things that may or may not work.

Anyone else still using MnT?

Low density, checking in. I'm really trying to embrace my hair, but it's hard when all you see on YT is thick, luscious hair. I feel like my hair is extremely lacking. I don't do twistouts or any style with my hair out, really, because there is entirely too much scalp showing. I hate it :( but am trying to accept it for what it is.
411162658.jpg

Years ago, that Mane n Tail was my only leave in (the watery one). It would melt my tangles away effortlessly. Loved it when I used it.

Now about being low density...

There have been discussions about whether to rock layers or allow low density hair to be all (or mostly) one length. I've chosen layers, seems to lay better and makes my hair look fuller.

Current thoughts?

Years ago, that Mane n Tail was my only leave in (the watery one). It would melt my tangles away effortlessly. Loved it when I used it.

Now about being low density...

There have been discussions about whether to rock layers or allow low density hair to be all (or mostly) one length. I've chosen layers, seems to lay better and makes my hair look fuller.

Current thoughts?

My hair is short, natural and growing in layers (shortest EL, longest SL) and I've also cut some damaged strands. I've wished my hair was even but as it is, I like the layered shape and it does look fuller IMO. Maybe when it gets longer, my thoughts will change.

Low density, checking in. I'm really trying to embrace my hair, but it's hard when all you see on YT is thick, luscious hair. I feel like my hair is extremely lacking. I don't do twistouts or any style with my hair out, really, because there is entirely too much scalp showing. I hate it :( but am trying to accept it for what it is.
411162658.jpg

That pic does not look low density. If it is I'm done and need to get out the hair game because I prob got half your hair on my entire head.

That pic does not look low density. If it is I'm done and need to get out the hair game because I prob got half your hair on my entire head.
Looks can definitely be deceiving. I've attempted a twistout which resulted in me looking like Gollum with a whole 26 strands of hair on my head. :lol: It's so see through and scalp is just everywhere. A mess. :nono:

411162658.jpg

Get out. You're perpetrating a fraud with hair like that.

Laughing a lot at this exchange :giggle:

Just checking in with a picture of my low density hair (first time I've tried to post a photo since the forum update - fingers crossed) :) please excuse the miserable face!

@CluelessJL your hair is beautiful. It's just right...you do look lowish density, but you are surely rockin it!

Back