Low Density Love

I have not posted in a while, but i have been rocking this low density hair right here. Various styles: braidouts, twistouts, puffs, bantu knot outs, stretched single braid bun.

I absolutely love your bun! We need a picture tut!!!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

this curly fro was inspired by g.lo 's picture upthread. I loved it, but i will need to make smaller sections next time. As you can see in the back, i had a hard time hiding the parts.

My fros do not look as thick as y'all's do...

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I posted this in another thread...but thought I'd share it with you all too. I've been on Hair Infinity for about a month now and I've definitely feel like my hair has thickened up a bit. For about a month I've been wet bunning and rollrsetting and today was the first flat iron I've had, since I took the initial picture on the left. I'm very pleased!

Praise God!
:amen:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 126
I posted this in another thread...but thought I'd share it with you all too. I've been on Hair Infinity for about a month now and I've definitely feel like my hair has thickened up a bit. For about a month I've been wet bunning and rollrsetting and today was the first flat iron I've had, since I took the initial picture on the left. I'm very pleased!

Praise God!

Looks good! I see the thickness and length!

I just thought I'd share this with others…because I have no one else who understands.

The number one thing that bothers me as a low density girl is seeing my shadow while walking and seeing the light shine throughout my wispy hair. So depressing! :crying3:

I belong in this thread! Marking my place. I'm not wearing my hair out now so it will be a minute before I can post a picture.

I'm happy we have this thread, it's encouraging! My hair is getting a lot thicker since I've been eating a more plant based diet btw.

Yeah, I love this thread too. I seriously thought I was the only one with "see through" hair. Can't wait until my hair thickens.

Praise God!

Wow Jace032000 That looks really good!

I've been wearing my hair up again. It's just easier for me to deal with. I style it weekly and keep it moving. I will wear it out again this weekend though. I feel like my puff is getting bigger/longer. :grin:

You ladies have inspired me to share! I'm so happy to find so many low-density heads of hair embracing the beauty that is uniquely ours. I used to be medium density until post partum shedding nearly left me bald 4 years ago. But each year my hair seems just a tad fuller if not thick. I love it anyway! Hope you don't mind if I just jump in and share. :grin:

Thought about doing a BKT for graduation but I'm not sure how it would turn out on my thin/fine hair... might just get a blowout instead :)

You ladies have inspired me to share! I'm so happy to find so many low-density heads of hair embracing the beauty that is uniquely ours. I used to be medium density until post partum shedding nearly left me bald 4 years ago. But each year my hair seems just a tad fuller if not thick. I love it anyway! Hope you don't mind if I just jump in and share. :grin:

Your hair is cute! I love the first pic

Thought about doing a BKT for graduation but I'm not sure how it would turn out on my thin/fine hair... might just get a blowout instead :)
krissyc39 I have a BKT --- I've had it since last October and if I could go back in time--I wouldn't have done it. It made my already fine hair ---ultra fine. I also suffered from heat damage (had it professionally applied and my hair still came out damaged). :perplexed

krissyc39 I have a BKT --- I've had it since last October and if I could go back in time--I wouldn't have done it. It made my already fine hair ---ultra fine. I also suffered from heat damage (had it professionally applied and my hair still came out damaged). :perplexed

Really? I couldn't tell, your siggy is beautiful! :)

Do you think that the damage came from the flat iron moreso than the keratin treatment? My hair straightens easily so I couldn't imagine someone doing 8-10 passes in my hair :nono:

It seems like my hair is getting more volume as it lengthens. I just took down one of my braids and detangled. Keeping my ends thick and heatllthy is definitely helping as well as low manipulation. I can't afford to lose any strand...it takes too long to grow back. Ive been cowashing once a month, but I may start doing it every 2 weeks instead since I work out so much

My hair is doing quite well. Not relaxing is really giving it some volume. That and growing out these unintentional layers and majorly cutting back on heat.

krissyc39 --- awww thank you for the compliment. My hair is like a European model. It produces amazing pictures and appears to be healthy -- but in real life--it is awkward and thin.

the hair thinning came from the BKT. It was immediately evident after my "touch-up" BKT. My strands became so thin---that they nearly disappeared in some areas. My hair can usually tolerate excessive heat….but the heat and keratin/protein together was a disaster for my hair.

Back