Low Density Love

Hi just wondering if you guys know what your ponytail circumference is..is that how you figure out if you are low density?

Sorry if it's been mentioned before I haven't read the entire thread.

I think that is a good measure of density, assuming the hair is straight at the time

i - thin (less than 2 inches/5 centimeters)
ii - normal (between 2-4 inches or 5-10 centimeters)
iii - thick (more than 4 inches/10 centimeters)

Although sometimes low density is just obvious from looking. I haven't straightened my hair to measure yet but i'm pretty sure my hair is low density.

You can also somewhat tell by how wide your part looks when you take a picture of your hair.

I think that is a good measure of density, assuming the hair is straight at the time Although sometimes low density is just obvious from looking. I haven't straightened my hair to measure yet but i'm pretty sure my hair is low density. You can also somewhat tell by how wide your part looks when you take a picture of your hair.

Thanks!

I'm 2.75 or so I was 3 inches but I had a dramatic shed...but my strands are v v fine ...I think I'm low density though...

my hair yesterday and bun today.

having a Devacut on wednesday, might go short:look:

Attachments

• me.JPG
    me.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 132
  • bun(1).JPG
    bun(1).JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 135
On the way to get my blowout. The puff cuff is amazing by the way. Dh helped me put it on lol

Attachments

• 20140324_110349.jpg
    20140324_110349.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 133
^^That came our really cute g.lo! How long are you planning to wear it short?

I wont keep it short but just maintain that shape when it is growing. I promised the stylist no to trim it myself. I will see him again in 6 months time, unless I have problems with my ends.
I really had a great experience, he knew how to handle Afro hair and finger detangled better than me.

Puff cuff the other night. Puff looks the same as with a stocking or elastic, but without the hassle. I used a scrunchie first and then put the puff cuff over it. Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4
Definitely buying one for my daughter with her natural WL, she breaks all banana clips

I have broken off strands all throughout my head from overprocessing my color in November. It's really affecting my density and I want to trim...However, I want to make bsl more. I guess I wont be coloring my hair anymore. Note to self:heat is ok, but dye is not.

I'm so afraid to color for that reason. I'm really hoping to make BSL by June---haven't did a LC in a while and I don't even know if that's a feasible goal. I was barely APL during my last LC back in January.

I have not posted in a while, but i have been rocking this low density hair right here.
Various styles: braidouts, twistouts, puffs, bantu knot outs, stretched single braid bun.

Attachments

• DSCN3784.jpg
    DSCN3784.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN4018.jpg
    DSCN4018.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN4031.jpg
    DSCN4031.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN3769.jpg
    DSCN3769.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN3421.jpg
    DSCN3421.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 110
this curly fro was inspired by g.lo 's picture upthread. I loved it, but i will need to make smaller sections next time. As you can see in the back, i had a hard time hiding the parts.

Attachments

• DSCN4032.jpg
    DSCN4032.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN4033.jpg
    DSCN4033.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 95
Not sure if I have low density hair or not as when i try to look at my hair in an out style, I don't see scalp. However, if I'm in twists my hair is too scalpy for me to wear out. That and i have to do major fluffing on my crown area to get any volume. Will be lurking though for hair inspiration.

I think I'm low to medium density. I dont have any recent pics with my hair out as I've been bunning it and doing updos, but the one time I wore my hair straight I could really see it. You can check out my fotki pics.

Back