Natural hair doesn't suit me.

Curlykale

my feelings : i LOVE NATURAL HAIR i don't want straight or relaxed hair, I don't have any issues with detangling etc etc. I love it !!

my look : it's ugly on ME. :nono: when I look at the mirror it's not pretty. even if my hair is shiny, soft. It doesn't suit my face.

That's what I wanted to point on !

I hear what you are saying. I believe that you believe this, that it is ugly on you, so therefore, you need to change. You can still admire natural hair. You just don't have to walk around with it on your head. You didn't grow it out for nothing. You were trying it to see if it was for you. Do something different. The great thing about hair is that later, if you change your mind, you can grow it out again.

I've felt this same way before. Even when I was relaxed, actually, with certain styles. Like I recall getting straw sets or a rod sets and the hair/style itself was cute, just not cute on me.

As a natural, I think you might like your hair better once it gets longer. You said you like kinky twists, so why not grow your real hair out so that you can have long twists with your own hair one day (I like kinky twists too and thats my goal)? I didn't like any natural styles on me when my hair was NL, but now that I'm almost APL, when I play around with my hair, styles are starting to look better. And I know they will look even better once its BSL, then MBL.

And like a previous poster said, a good cut will do wonders.

I think your hair in your avi looks good and suits you But hey that's just my opinion, what's important is what you think. Luckily there is always a flat iron, perm, weave or wig right around the corner to solve your natural hair woes.

Back