Low Density Love

Now about being low density...

There have been discussions about whether to rock layers or allow low density hair to be all (or mostly) one length. I've chosen layers, seems to lay better and makes my hair look fuller.

Current thoughts?

I got my hair cut into layers this January. I looks more full since I got the cut although I had to sacrifice 5" of hair due to damage.

Thought I'd share my twist out/ braid out here. I love naptural85's flat twisting method. It really does separate itself. Coupled with a tip from @Holla4mom to twist across my head instead of front to back, I got great definition without half my scalp showing:).
My 'layers' mean that it still looked sparse left loose so I pinned it up.

I got the initial stretch from curlformers I installed for the first time, on Friday. I'm gonna need some more of these for sure:yep:.

Attachments

• 2015-05-04_16.59.58.jpg
    2015-05-04_16.59.58.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 172
  • 2015-05-02_12.29.23.jpg
    2015-05-02_12.29.23.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 159
Thought I'd share my twist out/ braid out here. I love naptural85's flat twisting method. It really does separate itself. Coupled with a tip from @Holla4mom to twist across my head instead of front to back, I got great definition without half my scalp showing:).
My 'layers' mean that it still looked sparse left loose so I pinned it up.

I got the initial stretch from curlformers I installed for the first time, on Friday. I'm gonna need some more of these for sure:yep:.
Pretty! Your definition looks great and it looks thick! I will have to take my own advice and use this technique on my DD11 who is 4a, low density. I will look at naptural85's flat twisting method too.

How do you get it so stretched?

Thanks, and thanks again for the tip:blush2:. I used curlformers on freshly washed hair on Friday so my hair was already stretched when I sprayed with water and added a little shea butter to twist and braid.

The scarf braids are similar to banding so that keeps the hair stretched. With the flat twists, I set the ends on tiny perm rods and pinned the tails to my head to keep them stretched.

Thanks, and thanks again for the tip:blush2:. I used curlformers on freshly washed hair on Friday so my hair was already stretched when I sprayed with water and added a little shea butter to twist and braid.

The scarf braids are similar to banding so that keeps the hair stretched. With the flat twists, I set the ends on tiny perm rods and pinned the tails to my head to keep them stretched.
Okay, thanks for the tip. How do you get your wash and go so stretched, or is that just how it hangs when you let it dry?

I broke up with my Dominican salon. I am currently going to a Kerastase salon and my stylist takes much better care of my hair and scalp.

Hey ladies

So I think I found a way to make my braid out look less scraggly!

I first braid on dry but oiled or buttered hair. Then light spritz the finished braids with water then smooth on a leave in. Curlers on the ends if I want.

This way it seems the parts are either less scalpy after take down or they fill in faster.

Not sure why this works better than just starting with moist, loose hair but I'll take it!

My hair is looking less scalpy these days. I have been taking garlic for months, but it finally started to kick in. I only shed a few strands a day <20.

I have also been doing scalp massages almost daily and eating a lot of protein.

Hey ladies. I hope all is well with everyone. I am currently wearing my hair straight for the next few months. I use low heat so that I keep some texture and thickness.

I stopped taking garlic pills last month. My son is 2 now so postpartum shedding is over. It seems like my growth was at a stall during that time.

To the point : Nioxin 2 shampoo adds great volume. I originally bought it for its scalp exfoliation properties so didn't expect this perk even though it says for visibly thinning hair. I dont have that issue but whatever. Its doing a great job.

To the point : Nioxin 2 shampoo adds great volume. I originally bought it for its scalp exfoliation properties so didn't expect this perk even though it says for visibly thinning hair. I dont have that issue but whatever. Its doing a great job.
@DarkJoy Merry Christmas my dear sister. Miss you. I have been busy. Have a great one,both of you!!!!

My hair really likes keratin protein. I've been the Shea Moisture TAHITIAN NONI & MONOISMOOTH & REPAIR NOURISHING HAIR MASQUE
And my hair has been loving that stuff! It's not the least bit drying for me. It seems to be thickening up my strands, giving me more volume. My ends are healthier also.

Day 3 hair. Love when my hair starts to get some volume. Just wearing it anyhow after I trimmed coil by coil on Thursday and Friday. I took off as little as possible, up to an inch in some places. The paper shows what I took off.

Attachments

• InstaSize_2015_11 _ 219592.jpg
    InstaSize_2015_11 _ 219592.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 2015-12-21_21.27.06.jpg
    2015-12-21_21.27.06.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 74
I trimmed my hair a couple weeks ago and I put in a Keratin treatment as well. I started using Nioxin scalp treatment on my edges. I will use it all over my scalp the day before I wash and on freshly washed hair.

My density is still low and the crown is the worst part. It's like the ends are wispy and the strands are sparse... I started using brahmi oil and amla powder once a week the day before I wash my hair. My scalp feels better, but I probably won't notice a difference for a few months.

My density is still low and the crown is the worst part. It's like the ends are wispy and the strands are sparse... I started using brahmi oil and amla powder once a week the day before I wash my hair. My scalp feels better, but I probably won't notice a difference for a few months.

My crown in the exact same way. Sparse strands, with wispy ends. I thought it was something I was doing... but I've big chopped twice and I've come to realize that my hair just grows like that. Henna does help my situation though :drunk:

My crown in the exact same way. Sparse strands, with wispy ends. I thought it was something I was doing... but I've big chopped twice and I've come to realize that my hair just grows like that. Henna does help my situation though :drunk:
Same here. Regardless of how much protein I take inside and out or how many vitamins. My crown wants to be different.

Back